Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fabrik

Ferrari Gets Into Tech

What kind of a loser is passionate about a browser of all things? All three browsers are free, you don't pay Microsoft for using IE, you don't get extra spam, you don't lose out on anything. Just use one.

And why is this spam thread still here? "Hey guys I have this hard drive, we thought if we make a drive with a phallic shape when seen from the side, people will be stupid enough to buy it. The subliminal suggestion of a penis shaped hard drive would be too much too resist. And since someone that stupid would obviously not know that web storage is dirt cheap and would be delighted to have less space than ofered by free sites, and pay for it."

Marketing people :rolleyes:

Being passionate about a browser isn't much worse than being passionate about a guy you don't even know running in a car miles from where you are and making millions while you break your back to earn some money :lol:

ABout the thread, you are right. What's even worse, he didn't just say "hey, i have this HD". He said "anybody else saw this?" trying to fool us into being guinea pigs for his marketing research without paying a cent. Too cheap for someone who is bragging of a Ferrari design! "Pathetic", in this case, would be an understatement.

Pininfarina is not the 'Ferrari design house', they are an independent company who do work for Ferrari among other companies.

Being passionate about a browser is like being passionate about door handles. As long as they open doors, who cares? I can imagine Shane walking around buildings muttering about people using door handles not made by Opera, so he has to use a different way of turning his wrist to open every door.

Do you actually realise what an idiot you are?

I use Opera because it is a product that I feel comfortable with, and because it works for me.

Meh I am not even going to get into this argument, if people want to lose customers, its their problem not mine.

Seeing as it is just as easy to code a fully working page around W3C standards (and have it working in all 3 browsers) as it is to code around IE's crappy web standards, it makes absoluetly no sense to take the stupid route and be lazy about it.

In fact, the fact you say people should develop for Firefox shows you have no real idea how web coding works, because Firefox is also designed around W3C standards in a similar way to what it is done in Opera.

Amusing arguement between the 2 of you...

But i was trying to make it more of a general case of arguemnt (i.e. "And btw i was arguing with shane about the fact that he said a buisness would lose a lot of money if it doesn't look at the minority market segment of the market, thus i brought out the example of gaming on computers..." ) not only of IE and Opera...

And i would say what i really don't have much idea of how coding works... i am still learning java, sql and vba for excel and a bit of html, apart from that i have no idea... But if you say W3C works for all 3 then i agree a company should design with W3C rather than just the IE standard one... but my main point to continue this arguemnt is for a general case what should be done??

Can't you people let this spam thread die? Go start another thread to debate coding.....or maybe Bruce can delete the first post and rename this 'Coding Geeks Unite' ;)

Can't you people let this spam thread die? Go start another thread to debate coding.....or maybe Bruce can delete the first post and rename this 'Coding Geeks Unite' ;)

AHHH CANT YOU READ MY POSTS DAMMIT

I have said again and again and again that it is more in general and not only abt browers/code....

AHHH

but my main point to continue this arguemnt is for a general case what should be done??

IE remains on your system even if you uninstall it. Just use it if you really want to see a site that doesn't work with Firefox. Otherwise, use Firefox. It is slightly better, and I am used to it, so that's what I do. It's easier to go to Run and type iexplore than to complain over the site.

AHHH CANT YOU READ MY POSTS DAMMIT

I have said again and again and again that it is more in general and not only abt browers/code....

AHHH

:D

IE remains on your system even if you uninstall it. Just use it if you really want to see a site that doesn't work with Firefox. Otherwise, use Firefox. It is slightly better, and I am used to it, so that's what I do. It's easier to go to Run and type iexplore than to complain over the site.

Oh fine, if you can't beat it, join it. I do what Cav does. I run FF until I come across a site that it can't handle (less and less these days) and then I use Exploder. Question though, Exploder used to be integral to Windows (meaning you really couldn't uninstall it and you needed to update it to also update Windows). Is it still like that or is Exploder stand alone (post-lawsuit)?

If you update Windws XP to Service Pack 2, it lets you 'uninstall' media player and IE. Which basically means it removes the shortcuts from your desktop. You can still go to run and type mplayer or iexplore to run them. Not sure whether that is Microsoft trickery, or that Windows can't survive witout them. A bit of both I suspect. The EU actually made Microsoft ship a version of XP without IE and media player. Noone bought it.

If you update Windws XP to Service Pack 2, it lets you 'uninstall' media player and IE. Which basically means it removes the shortcuts from your desktop. You can still go to run and type mplayer or iexplore to run them. Not sure whether that is Microsoft trickery, or that Windows can't survive witout them. A bit of both I suspect. The EU actually made Microsoft ship a version of XP without IE and media player. Noone bought it.

Wrong. That was XP "N" Edition, only WMP was removed from it, IE was not. Within XP, IE and Explorer share components therefore IE cannot be completely removed, in Vista that has been changed to reduce the amount of security holes that can be exploited by the level of access that IE used to have.

Fair enough. Pointless exercise in any case, what should really happen is Microsoft should be forced to ship barebones Windows installations, and otger companies should be able to ship their own versions with their own file maangers, browsers, media players etc. Then we will have some real competition.

Microsoft just made me reactivate windows because I installed a new graphics card :angry: No warning, no 30 day notice, nothing. And because I use an application to conect to the internet, I had to phone them. Morons :angry: I might as well use a pirated version, at least I won't have all these hassles. And I still get so many stupid viruses anyway.