Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Alonso/hamilton/mclaren Relationship

hey dont be so defensive, this thread isnt about alonso-bashing, dont u think its a good article?

No, it is pointless and rediculous. I am fed up of hearing "Hamilton is making Alonso do this" and "Hamilton is making Alonso do that".

My personal opinion is that he (and lewis for that matter) would have a good laugh about all the fuss that people are making about a problem that does not exist

My personal opinion is that he (and lewis for that matter) would have a good laugh about all the fuss that people are making about a problem that does not exist

EXACTLY :lol:

Or he could have just been p**sed off because his race didn't go to well?

People read too much into things like this.

Spot on :thbup:

but earlier people were saying alonso wasnt really outperformed by Hamilton he just had a poorly-handling car, but now you all admit that he probably only said that because he was angry?

but earlier people were saying alonso wasnt really outperformed by Hamilton he just had a poorly-handling car, but now you all admit that he probably only said that because he was angry?

There we go, misreading posts as usual.

A driver with a frontrunning car does not consider 5th to be a good finishing position.

It's really quiet simple:

"Oh but your team mate did well"

"I don't give a f!ck about my team mate, I am here to concentrate on my own race, and it did not go to plan today"

I don't know whether you are plane dense, or are just reading into things in the wrong way to cause an argument, but what Alonso says does not have a bearing on how his car is handling. He saw what the car was capable of in Lewis's hands, and he was annoyed because his was not set up well. Any driver challenging for a WDC would be annoyed by that.

My paint brush just will not do straight lines. It's not me you understand, it's my tools.

So a badly setup car cannot be held to blame for a bad race then? Fair enough, whats your explanation for Michael's poor performance in 2005, because judging by that response, we can surely rule out a bad car as inadmissable.

So a badly setup car cannot be held to blame for a bad race then? Fair enough, whats your explanation for Michael's poor performance in 2005, because judging by that response, we can surely rule out a bad car as inadmissable.

This constant need of your to bring Michael into the equation everytime i question Fernando is like you comparing the size of our dad's, cloud's your judgement and means that you seem to forget the regard i hold for Fernando.

But, insist you will, so let's go.

A bad car set up would explain away Fernando's poor form in Bahrain, relative to his team mate. I don't believe that Lewis has the better of him yet. If Fernando's car was underperforming because Lewis had a better set up though, you would have to question Fernando. My belief is that there is truth in what Fernando says; that he was carrying a problem.

My point was though that he should just get his head down and not blame the car. Public damnation will only strenghten support for Lewis, especially if he begins to dominate Fernando. That is a possibility i'm afraid you are going to have to start thinking about Shane. And if it happens and you want to retain respect, you will take it on the chin. That's what a real fan does for his driver; accepts and admits the vices on the bad days.

Michael's predicament in 2005 was different. His car was not great. And yet he finished third in the driver's championship and comprehensively beat Rubens. If this is a poor performance in your eyes, so be it.

I am not really here to question his Approach, It just annoys me seeing everyone jump on him after 1 bad race. He was marginally slower than lewis all weekend, but he was clearly very unhappy with the car, and a lot of people IMO are giving him unjustified criticism.

If lewis wins, great. It would be a momentus achievement for British sport, and as long as McLaren get the WDC I would be happy for Lewis to take it, I am not biased against him at all. He is clearly very talented and deserves to be in the position he is in, I just feel people are jumping on Alonso too quickly.

I am not really here to question his Approach, It just annoys me seeing everyone jump on him after 1 bad race. He was marginally slower than lewis all weekend, but he was clearly very unhappy with the car, and a lot of people IMO are giving him unjustified criticism.

If lewis wins, great. It would be a momentus achievement for British sport, and as long as McLaren get the WDC I would be happy for Lewis to take it, I am not biased against him at all. He is clearly very talented and deserves to be in the position he is in, I just feel people are jumping on Alonso too quickly.

Fair enough.

He is clearly very talented and deserves to be in the position he is in, I just feel people are jumping on Alonso too quickly.

Just as you did with Raikkonen after Bahrain

Just as you did with Raikkonen after Bahrain

No, I used his poor performance in bahrain to illustrate that he is not as perfect as his fans seem to make out. I don't have those kind of delusions about Alonso, so I do not need to read a million crap threads about how lewis is suddenly better than Alonso because of 1 bad race.

No, I used his poor performance in bahrain to illustrate that he is not as perfect as his fans seem to make out. I don't have those kind of delusions about Alonso, so I do not need to read a million crap threads about how lewis is suddenly better than Alonso because of 1 bad race.

i only saw 1 person imply that lewis was a better driver, but i may be wrong.

i personally think its ridiculous to suggest that Hamilton is already a better driver than Alonso. Hamilton is yet to show whether he can challenge for a world championship over a whole gruelling season, like Alonso has done the last 2 years

Good on u Shane! Touch