Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krish

What's Wrong With Bar-honda ?

I dont agree. Red Bull are very close to the pace of Williams at the moment and we know from various reports that the RB3 has alot of unused potentual whereas for all we know the Williams car may be at its maximum potentual right now.

I've come around to a new way of thinking. Newey, who is a brilliant aero guy, isn't very good as a technical director. If I remember rightly, a technical director oversees the tech of the whole car, from the chassis to the electronics to the gearbox. He's the guy that plans new parts, give a 'go, no go' to those parts, and is responsible for quality control of the whole car. It is a fact that Newey's cars are fast but fragile. That means he's good at design, but less so at quality control. At McLaren the people were good enough that the car wasn't as fragile as it could have been, but at Red Bull you don't have that same level of people around Newey. I suppose one could argue that the Red Bull team is really the Purnell Jaguar team, and they had excellent quality control....

Jenson seems ever the eternal optimist. I wonder when hes gonna finally sit back and think "Wht the fcuk have I done"

i'm sure thats what he is thinking secretly!

Well in that case, your comment makes little sense to me, because Rubens seems to think their new car is terminally slow in a straight line :P

On the speed traps Honda are Quicker than SA... Rubens is a confused chap!

Well, just for my good friends Jem & Ben (damn, you could write a cartoon by that name).... Anyhow, I spoke to my man in the middle this week who informed me that Honda have some good improvements and should be quicker but not major challengers.

They do however have a 100% fully redeveloped car which will make its first appearance at the Canadian GP! Watch this space;-)

Well, just for my good friends Jem & Ben (damn, you could write a cartoon by that name).... Anyhow, I spoke to my man in the middle this week who informed me that Honda have some good improvements and should be quicker but not major challengers.

They do however have a 100% fully redeveloped car which will make its first appearance at the Canadian GP! Watch this space;-)

So by Canada they will be able to challenge Super Aguri.... Thats good to hear....

So by Canada they will be able to challenge Super Aguri.... Thats good to hear....

:lol:

Harsh but true :P

Their Aerotunnel says one thing, the drivers say another. Maybe the tunnel sensors have wassabie in them causing wrong readings.

Also, I think the cars are terrorist bred too. You have a picture of the world on the car, and then the engine blows up... might be getting their products from Iraq or something. :blowup:

Haven't read the whole thread yet, and if someone says this farther down, then I apologize. I know that Mike (autumnpuma) has alluded to this in other posts, and it's something I'm in total agreement on:

If the farking aero-engineers say the car is perfect, but the driver says that he car licks stale elephant scrote ...

The car is not correct.

Sorry. Too bad, so sad. Fix it. Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 euros.

If your drivers aren't happy, then the car is not right. (within reason, of course).

I'm so farking tired of hearing how the engineers swear that the car is perfect, but the drivers just aren't capable. No. That's what you pay the drivers for. To drive the damn car. If they can't drive the car, then there is something wrong with it.

Sorry. Cranky and tired, still recovering from elbow surgery and a crappy week at work. The beer has kicked in, but I don't believe that the Norco has, yet ... :beer22:

('Course, it's a proven fact that I can crank any member of this forum off in three posts ... :D )

Haven't read the whole thread yet, and if someone says this farther down, then I apologize. I know that Mike (autumnpuma) has alluded to this in other posts, and it's something I'm in total agreement on:

If the farking aero-engineers say the car is perfect, but the driver says that he car licks stale elephant scrote ...

The car is not correct.

If your drivers aren't happy, then the car is not right. (within reason, of course).

I'm so farking tired of hearing how the engineers swear that the car is perfect, but the drivers just aren't capable. No. That's what you pay the drivers for. To drive the damn car. If they can't drive the car, then there is something wrong with it.

Sorry. Cranky and tired, still recovering from elbow surgery and a crappy week at work. The beer has kicked in, but I don't believe that the Norco has, yet ... :beer22:

('Course, it's a proven fact that I can crank any member of this forum off in three posts ... :D )

Excellent! :roll:

The car is not correct.

When hangover kicks in, feel as good you will not, hmmmm?

Very true, yet Button's stated desire to remain at Honduh now that he know the score is a knock against him. Everyone forgives a winner and if he would move to a team that would help him win, the circumstances of that move would be forgotten.

Webber should have stayed with Williams. Hakkinen stayed true to McLaren for many years, enduring the horrid Peugeot period, and what was his reward? Two championships and a slew of wins.

...double post!

Very true, yet Button's stated desire to remain at Honduh now that he know the score is a knock against him. Everyone forgives a winner and if he would move to a team that would help him win, the circumstances of that move would be forgotten.

Webber should have stayed with Williams. Hakkinen stayed true to McLaren for many years, enduring the horrid Peugeot period, and what was his reward? Two championships and a slew of wins.

And a descent job after he left the sport!

But very few drivers have got it right, Mclaren were proven winners and Honda have won only when they were engine partners (oopps...I forgot Jenson's victory). With last year's win to its credit doesnt mean they are truly winners, according to me the win was all due to Jesnson's drive. Though Mclaren are more of a corporative team, they had Ron to put everything in place. What Honda really needs is some one like Ron or Brawn to head things. Japanese can wait till they are more experienced. If I were to start a new Indian team in F1, I wont be relying on Indians to Head the team, I would rather let the experienced guys to look after it till Indians have learned. Look what is happening to Team India in A1.

Alonso for example somehow got lucky, Last year everyone were questioning his move to Mclaren (an underperforming team at that moment) from a championship winning team (at that moment), No one would have belived he was going to win sooner than expected!

Alonso for example somehow got lucky, Last year everyone were questioning his move to Mclaren (an underperforming team at that moment) from a championship winning team (at that moment), No one would have belived he was going to win sooner than expected!

Or if you accept why he moved there (Because of the relentless developlement pace they have) it makes perfect sense why it was a secure and intelligent choice to go with.

More then anything McLaren last year just lacked direction and unification, they got that now.

It's always the same old arguments. If a driver you dislike does well, he 'got lucky'. No more thought than that is required, eh? I reject that. You make your own luck.

It's always the same old arguments. If a driver you dislike does well, he 'got lucky'. No more thought than that is required, eh? I reject that. You make your own luck.

I would ussually agree with that... but looking at Kimi's past it makes me rethink that...

I have never disliked Alonso, no one can argue the fact that he has been luckier than many other drivers on the grid. I was just pointing a fact. I may support Kimi and Lewis, but if you can do a research I have slamed Alonso's fans in the past but not Alonso. I have always voiced that the right man and team won.

Just like Ankit said, you must look at guys like Kimi, and personally I feel guys like Mark Webber and Jenson are very unlucky.

I was just pointing how lucky was Alonso for moving into the team at the right moment. Just look at what happend to Mark webber when he placed a target to win the crown for 2007 season after he moved to Williams, one year later he wanted to get out of that team and then moved to team that performed the same way only with the hope that they will improve in the future.

Then you take Lewis, everyone says that he is lucky for the support he got and continues getting from Mclaren, I say that he was lucky to have a father who pushed him all the way up despite so many difficulties and proved to be a winner against all the odds. Then only he caught Ron's eyes.

I have never disliked Alonso, no one can argue the fact that he has been luckier than many other drivers on the grid. I was just pointing a fact. I may support Kimi and Lewis, but if you can do a research I have slamed Alonso's fans in the past but not Alonso. I have always voiced that the right man and team won.

Just like Ankit said, you must look at guys like Kimi, and personally I feel guys like Mark Webber and Jenson are very unlucky.

I was just pointing how lucky was Alonso for moving into the team at the right moment. Just look at what happend to Mark webber when he placed a target to win the crown for 2007 season after he moved to Williams, one year later he wanted to get out of that team and then moved to team that performed the same way only with the hope that they will improve in the future.

Then you take Lewis, everyone says that he is lucky for the support he got and continues getting from Mclaren, I say that he was lucky to have a father who pushed him all the way up despite so many difficulties and proved to be a winner against all the odds. Then only he caught Ron's eyes.

Pretty vague logic though.

Example:

Your lucky to have grown lungs as a fetus.

Therefore what everyone else here did by their own effort and intention you just accidently happened to you, making you less worthy of breathing air.

Surely theres better ways to construe a point? Not that i'm skilled in doing so but thats a pretty obvious phrase to missunderstand so should be avoided.

Pretty vague logic though.

Example:

Your lucky to have grown lungs as a fetus.

Therefore what everyone else here did by their own effort and intention you just accidently happened to you, making you less worthy of breathing air.

Surely theres better ways to construe a point? Not that i'm skilled in doing so but thats a pretty obvious phrase to missunderstand so should be avoided.

Yep, I feel a lot lucky for what I am because I have seen many who have not been atleast as fortunate as I am.

I havnt really thought about having grown lungs as a fetus., I am happy that I dont have Alonso's Eyebrows

triple post! :D
You must like your post count to go up! As if it's gonna win you a trophy or an F1 drivers spot! Besides, you're 11,000 posts behind Senna who has dissapeared for a long time!

You must like your post count to go up! As if it's gonna win you a trophy or an F1 drivers spot! Besides, you're 11,000 posts behind Senna who has dissapeared for a long time!

My internet connection is not the best! I sometimes have to click 'add reply' twice to send a post. Some times i end up posting the same thing twice or trice. :D

My internet connection is not the best! I sometimes have to click 'add reply' twice to send a post. Some times i end up posting the same thing twice or trice. :D
I see! Happens to me the odd time!

Interesting way to look at things. I disagree, of course, but nothing I can say will sway you....

Interesting way to look at things. I disagree, of course, but nothing I can say will sway you....

why is california called the orange county?