Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Best Sounding F1 Cars Of All Time

I figured that I'd start this, don't know if it's been done before, if it has, sorry, I'm lazy to search the General Discussion because it doesn't belong there anyway.

What were the best-sounding F1 cars of all-time?

It might sound odd, maybe you have to be a die-hard to know...

Here's one:

Ferrari Shell Commercial

the third car, I think it's from the early 70s, sounds really, really good. so does the 60's car (second one), it might be a 312, I dont' really know.

All for now, maybe some more later.

-Eric

Mine is the 1979 Ferrari 312T4. That flat V12 is a memory from Long Beach I will NEVER forget. That sound is like someone tore open the gates of hell and let loose Satan's own choir.

Eric, you are right, the early 70s Ferrari was the 312....'B' designation, I think. '75 had the 'T' designation.

That shell commercial is so good it would turn Ron Dennis into a raving tifosi. Hell, I got a hard-on just watching it.

Mine is the 1979 Ferrari 312T4. That flat V12 is a memory from Long Beach I will NEVER forget. That sound is like someone tore open the gates of hell and let loose Satan's own choir.

Eric, you are right, the early 70s Ferrari was the 312....'B' designation, I think. '75 had the 'T' designation.

That shell commercial is so good it would turn Ron Dennis into a raving tifosi. Hell, I got a hard-on just watching it.

I didn't get any hard one.... are you sure your normal... :unsure: i mean seriously it is just a bunch of engine noises, not even one chick in the whole video.... :P

I didn't get any hard one.... are you sure your normal... :unsure: i mean seriously it is just a bunch of engine noises, not even one chick in the whole video.... :P

Its normal that petrol heads do get the big o when they hear such music....I just felt it! :P

Loved the way when they first start growling, then roaring, then howling and at last screaming!!!!

The best souding F1 cars were the old V10 engined ones! It would be able to break the sound barrier but it showed that they were very powerful!

Pretty much any Ferrari flat 12. Matra V12 a close second.

True true, the flat 12 is the best sounding engine ever produced, be it F1 or anything else I think.

The "T" designation started with 1975 model because Forghieri et all (for the first time in F1) put the gearbox tranverse. The engine is called "boxer" type because is 180

actually, there is a difference between a boxer and a v12 at 180 degrees

the difference being that a true boxer actually has one crank pin per piston, while in a 180 degree V setup two pistons share the same crank pin

The "T" designation started with 1975 model because Forghieri et all (for the first time in F1) put the gearbox tranverse. The engine is called "boxer" type because is 180

actually, there is a difference between a boxer and a v12 at 180 degrees

the difference being that a true boxer actually has one crank pin per piston, while in a 180 degree V setup two pistons share the same crank pin

That

Just a random thought, from someone that hasn't heard an F1 engine, live, other than the DFV, in 20 years ...

At the Vegas ChampCar race, they had the Minardi two-seaters giving VIP runs. (Mike, Bruce, I read/heard somewhere that they were going for about $10k ...)

Anyway, that was my first time hearing a three litre V10 live. Good $diety that thing is loud ... Ear-bleedingly loud ... Anyway, beyond that, there's little cooler, sound-wise, than a Ferrari V12.