Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Ralf Announces His Arrival On The Driver Market

Manipef1.com- [Just three races into the 2007 season, a comment by Ralf Schumacher has threatened to ignite the driver 'silly season' by indicating that the embattled German driver is on the market. Fending off speculation that he might struggle to find accommodation on next year's grid after languishing alongside teammate Jarno Trulli so far, 31-year-old Schumacher nonetheless suggested that Toyota may not be his only option for 2008.

Ralf is one of those drivers who on his day is as quick as they come but unfortunately these days are few and far between. I personally dont see BMW or Renault hiring him next year.

Ralf knows he is under pressure to remain in the sport hence his early call to announce that he is very much available. This may tempt Toyota to offer him another contract early and end the rough plans they might have made already to hire NH for 2008?

Ralf now manages himself I'm pretty sure after his falling out with long time Schumacher brother manager Willi Weber? Is this correct?? He may regret his decision to go seperate ways with Weber if he fails to land a decent seat or a seat at all!!!

Please Toyota, drop this average, blood sucking peddler for someone fresh and enthusiastic. Trulli is average in a race and Ralf hides behind him. Someone needs to come in, make Trulli look stupid and give Cologne a big fat kick up the arse. There is too much complaceny at Toyota and it starts right on the shop floor with Ralf.

If i were Toyota i would tell Ralf to bugger off and buy Sutil out of his contract.

Please Toyota, drop this average, blood sucking peddler for someone fresh and enthusiastic. Trulli is average in a race and Ralf hides behind him. Someone needs to come in, make Trulli look stupid and give Cologne a big fat kick up the arse. There is too much complaceny at Toyota and it starts right on the shop floor with Ralf.

If i were Toyota i would tell Ralf to bugger off and buy Sutil out of his contract.

:cheers: to that!!!!

I dont think BMW or Renault are going to sign him, so Toyota is his best option I think. I actually think he's under-rated, he's not underperforming at toyota and he's shown several times in the last couple of years that he can get the job done when the car is working

Yeah me too. I doubt BMW and renault are even bothered to look at him at the moment. He isn't performing at Toyota. What makes him think that teams better than Toyota would be interested in him? Like someone else said, on his day he is very quick but unfortunately lately he just isn't quick enough.

Ralf is going bye byes, unless he wants to driver for a bak of the grid team like Spyker.

After leaving BMW i havent seen him dominating in any races so far even tough toyoto's have been good last yr but didnt see any good performances for him :eusa_think:

I will persuade Ralf to stay back in and ask him to drop my daughter to school and wait there till her class gets over and drop her back at home with my Diesel Innova! :P

Jenson wants out. Honda for Ralfie?

Perhaps Ralf could join the Soybean Nationals league...

For those who don't know:

Soybean Nationals, a small dirt oval made in a soybean field in 2000 where a Geo Prizm raced itself.

Ralf and Michael Andretti can take their "talent" and go there.

Though, I'm sure Michael Andretti's "Spit Crew" bibs are selling like wild (his son needs one, retiring when he's too scared of driving...) and he can use that money to join something a little more prestigious, like trike racing.

-Eric

Jenson doesn't want out, last I heard. :blink:

Hmm, but if one could hear him talk in his sleep......

I wonder what Toyota are gonna do with Ralf. Do you think he gives better testing feedback than Trulli, being a Schumacher an all? Maybe the team should drop both drivers for some fresh blood altogether. They both bore the crap out of me. :yawn:

as I said when Ralf departed his last team, it was his departing teams GAIN , his new teams LOSS :-)

Jenson wants out. Honda for Ralfie?

Perhaps Ralf could join the Soybean Nationals league...

For those who don't know:

Soybean Nationals, a small dirt oval made in a soybean field in 2000 where a Geo Prizm raced itself.

Ralf and Michael Andretti can take their "talent" and go there.

Though, I'm sure Michael Andretti's "Spit Crew" bibs are selling like wild (his son needs one, retiring when he's too scared of driving...) and he can use that money to join something a little more prestigious, like trike racing.

-Eric

Source?

I wonder what Toyota are gonna do with Ralf. Do you think he gives better testing feedback than Trulli, being a Schumacher an all? Maybe the team should drop both drivers for some fresh blood altogether. They both bore the crap out of me. :yawn:

They always need one good and experienced driver and a superb rookie. First of all I am waiting to see Nick prove the Toyota guys wrong and make them shove their foot up their mouth for telling he is an average driver.

They always need one good and experienced driver and a superb rookie. First of all I am waiting to see Nick prove the Toyota guys wrong and make them shove their foot up their mouth for telling he is an average driver.

Toyota are yet to select the right drivers, it's always been a problem for them. But yes your right abbas_gear a experienced driver like JT paired with a rookie with potential will be the way to go.

So with JT having a contract for 2008 already in place, it's goodbye Ralf the overpaid under performer, and hello to a rookie who will work his backside off for next to nothing.

ralf - the most underrated driver in F1

Care to explain your logic?

Honestly, I just can't like the guy, anyone who says they are one of the 3 best drivers in the world is just annoying and stupid. The real 3 best drivers (Alonso, Raikkonen, and Hamilton) never say they are the best, yet Ralfie does.

Anyway, I wouldn';t be shocked if we never see Ralf again, there are plenty of drivers waiting for F1 drives. Perhaps Toyota will go with Nakajima?

-Eric

Toyota are yet to select the right drivers, it's always been a problem for them. But yes your right abbas_gear a experienced driver like JT paired with a rookie with potential will be the way to go.

So with JT having a contract for 2008 already in place, it's goodbye Ralf the overpaid under performer, and hello to a rookie who will work his backside off for next to nothing.

Sorry to say this Nathan, but it is more likely that Ralf stays in Toyota, just as he will be able to bring more sponsership to the team rather than a rookie...

Sorry to say this Nathan, but it is more likely that Ralf stays in Toyota, just as he will be able to bring more sponsership to the team rather than a rookie...

Toyota have a massive annual budget that most teams would love to have at their disposal. So the Schumacher name is mainly of use to help sell cars in Germany I should imagine. That's maybe why we have heard some rumours about Nick going to Toyota.

I like the idea that someone has already suggested and Toyota offer Nico Hulkenburg a drive in 2008. Another interesting fact is that Nico Hulkenburg is managed by none other than Willi Weber, who would like nothing better than to out his former driver Ralf with his new young hot shot Nico. Willi Weber has also gone on the record saying that he would like Nico in F1 for 2008.

Think about it, you know it makes sense :D

Ralf Schumacher. He is barely worth the trouble it takes to spell his name correctly, let alone this talk about where he will be next year. If he must stay, let him stay at Toyota. A boring team needs a boring driver.