Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chennaiguy

F1 Race In Delhi ( India )

Will India host F1 race?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will India host any F1 race?

• Yes in 2009
    • Yes in 2010
    • May be beyond 2010
    • May not host F1 race at all

---------------------

India moves a step closer

New Dehli has reportedly moved a step closer to holding a F1 grand prix after renowned circuit designer Hermann Tilke paid the city a visit.

According to the Times of India, Tilke has already visited Delhi six times, the latest was to inspect the proposed street circuit layout in an area known as Rajpath.

"We'd like to position Delhi as a street circuit, with the track moving around India Gate down to Rajendra Prasad Road," Tilke said.

"We think it's a perfect track for F1 racing. We've already met the Delhi CM once and will be meeting her again to further discuss the matter."

The inaugural Indian GP could then be held as early as 2009.

------------

This rumour has been going around for so long, I'm already over it before anything's been anounced! :yawn:

I would'nt say there will be! I fe there was maybe beyond 2010.

I believe the same...

meanwhile I donno why they chose Delhi...while news/talks already went for hyderabad,pune,mumbai and chennai....

---------------------

India moves a step closer

------------

I'll buy a ticket....in fact I'd by 3 and take my wife and son along...

I'll buy a ticket....in fact I'd by 3 and take my wife and son along...

Mock! Its India! :P You can buy HALF ticket for your son! :lol:

I will buy just one ticket, But I am going to take my rooster along as he seems to like cars as much as me, more than anyone else here home! :P

I believe the same...

meanwhile I donno why they chose Delhi...while news/talks already went for hyderabad,pune,mumbai and chennai....

Wow wow! Look whos back! :D:D welcome!

We have something called 'infrastructure', a concept completely alien to just about every other Indian city :P-_-

We have something called 'infrastructure', a concept completely alien to just about every other Indian city :P-_-

I dont really know about Delhi, but honestly it would be such a disgraceful show if we have street race in Chennai or Mumbai. Just imagine what will happen if it rains heavly! F1 cars would be floating along dead rodents, drivers would be swimming towards a stranded gov't bus to keep thier head above water.

I dont really know about Delhi, but honestly it would be such a disgraceful show if we have street race in Chennai or Mumbai. Just imagine what will happen if it rains heavly! F1 cars would be floating along dead rodents, drivers would be swimming towards a stranded gov't bus to keep thier head above water.

That would be funny, and the tv camera instead of helping them would just show the drivers effort to get to the bus...

But if there would be a race,(next to the Reliance SEZ) they would choose april/may for it...

Wow wow! Look whos back! :D:D welcome!

hi abbas...thanks for ur hearty welcome....

do u feel f-1 race will come in chennai???? i dont think so....

hi abbas...thanks for ur hearty welcome....

do u feel f-1 race will come in chennai???? i dont think so....

No, I dont want any race to come to India to cause further embrassment for this country, we know there is too much politics here, I am happy with Singapore hosting a GP, considering the infra structure and commitment for long term I think Indians are simply not good at it. If Chennai is going to host a GP this year, it wont be long before the the next Govt messing up the situation. Then two years later we are going to read news about how much money had been looted by the contractors etc.

No, I dont want any race to come to India to cause further embrassment for this country, we know there is too much politics here, I am happy with Singapore hosting a GP, considering the infra structure and commitment for long term I think Indians are simply not good at it. If Chennai is going to host a GP this year, it wont be long before the the next Govt messing up the situation. Then two years later we are going to read news about how much money had been looted by the contractors etc.

yes i understand ur feelings...and i believe the same....

just to add...money will be looted not only by chennai/tamilnadu politicians but by politicians anywhere in india.... i cant comment abt singapore status....

well as singapore govt mentioned lets hope to see a GP in singapore asap....