Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Warning From The God!

Raikkonen full of confidence after test

A bullish Kimi Raikkonen has warned Ferrari's rivals that he and the Italian team are in much better shape for the rest of the season after making a set-up breakthrough in testing at Barcelona this week.

Despite crashing in the rain on Tuesday afternoon, Raikkonen has dominated the testing times so far this week and he believes modifications to the F2007 have increased its overall speed and made him much more confident with its handling.

"We've learned a lot," said Raikkonen after returning to the pits following his small off at Turn 3, where he just kissed the tyre barriers without suffering any major damage.

"You never know what the others are doing, but for the race we are more confident. The car feels very good here, so let's wait and see what happens."

Raikkonen is most happy with his own personal confidence in the car, having faced a stronger than expected challenge from teammate Felipe Massa in the first three races of the year.

"I found a better set-up for myself and the car seems to be handling the way I want now," said Raikkonen. "I think we are in a much stronger position now.

"(The championship) started three races ago, but the points are very close and nothing has been lost so far. It is important to have good races now. We have a good package, I have got a better setup and I am much happier than in the first three races. I think it is good."

Raikkonen confessed that he had not been happy with certain characteristics of the car in the first races of the campaign, and knew that only proper testing would help him overcome the issues.

"The car was good and getting better, but it was never quite right," he said. "I was not happy after qualifying in Melbourne and the same in Malaysia. We knew the problem but we could not do anything between the races. But finally we found something, which is definitely better for me."

Raikkonen believes the improvements should help keep the team ahead of McLaren at the Spanish Grand Prix - although he is unsure exactly how much of an advantage they currently have.

"I think we have improved a lot since the last race, and we understand the car more. That is the main thing. Sure we want to win the race and we will see what we can do, but I am now much happier going into the race than the last couple of events

"We have found something which is definitely much better for me. I think we can use the full potential of the car now."

I think Kimi will be at his best like in 2005...........if Macca don't crash the party. Go KIMI! Go Mclaren! :lol:

I protest the usage of the word "God". It hurts & offends my atheistic sensibilities. It has caused me mental agony. It has shattered my peace of mind. The word is a violation of my human rights. It has caused me immense distress. I demand that this thread be blown to smithereens.

I protest the usage of the word "God". It hurts & offends my atheistic sensibilities. It has caused me mental agony. It has shattered my peace of mind. The word is a violation of my human rights. It has caused me immense distress. I demand that this thread be blown to smithereens.

Look who's talkin'! Offended! you are the one talking about circular motions and crap! Get outta here!

Look who's talkin'! Offended! you are the one talking about circular motions and crap! Get outta here!

Mate, it was a sarcastic dig at those pricks who are very touchy & bring the foolish concept of "political correctness" in the world.

Mate, it was a sarcastic dig at those pricks who are very touchy & bring the foolish concept of "political correctness" in the world.

You?? Sarcastic?? Never! :lol:

I bet Ferarri will be very fast, and so will everyone else, 10 minutes later, after they figure out what changes Ferrari made. :P

well, lets see. If Kimi does indeed step up the performance in Spain and blow everyone away, then good for him.

However if he gets outperformed by Massa again, he'll look even more stupid now that he's made these comments

I protest the usage of the word "God".
I agree! Kimi ain't no God! If he was, there'd be nothing in it for Hamilton!

I think it's probably a combination of changing Vodka brand and reading my posts here at TF1 that have helped God.

He also said he would be faster in Bahrain, and look where that got him.

He also said he would be faster in Bahrain, and look where that got him.

Some places ahead of alonso ;)

:o Shhh! Musn't mention that! :lol::lol:

I detect a certain amount of fear within the Alonso ranks, hence the thread with the awkard title...

first a rookie more than match their god Alonso, the humiliating factor,...now Kimi looking to finally establish domination

fear.... a wonderful word

I detect a certain amount of fear within the Alonso ranks, hence the thread with the awkard title...

first a rookie more than match their god Alonso, the humiliating factor,...now Kimi looking to finally establish domination

Hi Bradspeedman!

First of all there is no fear for those in the Alonso ranks and secondly i'm a supporter of Lewis Hamilton.

i only put up the "akward title" because i'm a Kimi fan(although a Mclaren fan first) and would love to see kimi toast Massa.

That's it mate,i'm just like you but we support different teams. :thbup:

Hi Bradspeedman!

First of all there is no fear for those in the Alonso ranks and secondly i'm a supporter of Lewis Hamilton.

i only put up the "akward title" because i'm a Kimi fan(although a Mclaren fan first) and would love to see kimi toast Massa.

That's it mate,i'm just like you but we support different teams. :thbup:

always figured you to be a fan of the donkey driver.... :eusa_think:

anyway, no fear from you then, enjoy the domination.... :D

Not much of an achievement when his car was working and Alonso's wasn't

The same Kimi that finished behind a rookie 2 races running you mean? That one was particularly funny. I seriously hope massa really demolishes him this season.

Not much of an achievement when his car was working and Alonso's wasn't

thats just an excuse, anyway kimi apparently had the same problem, they both underperformed so accept it.

its a shame that you've changed your signature picture, it seems like you must enjoy picking fights and creating animosity. You're a nice guy & intelligent so I don't really agree withyou displaying the fact that you take enjoyment out of people's bad luck, and consistently criticising other members for doing what you youself do more than anyone

It is my choice to dislike Raikkonen and Schumacher, and I always say if you can't beat them, join them. If others want to pick crap, They can have a taste of their own medicine.

It is my choice to dislike Raikkonen and Schumacher, and I always say if you can't beat them, join them. If others want to pick crap, They can have a taste of their own medicine.

As is your prerogative, Shane. You disliked Schumi supposedly for his cheating, so why Raikkonen?

Also, it is slightly rich calling a 7 time World Champion a loser, if you don't mind me saying.