Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Mein Kampf

The baby killing was paltry compared to the comb over.

Do you think the receding hair line was responsible for his anger/violence? Think Lex Luthor.

there's only one person who likes me. And the worst thing is that they look like Homer Simpson! :icon2_yuk:

mmmhh donuts....mmmmhhhh...Murray Walker.... :drool:

mmmhh donuts....mmmmhhhh...Murray Walker.... :drool:

Score! Congrats Murray! As always your smoothness won! ;)

I wonder whether it was my sugary outer coating, the soft chewy bulk or the tangy raspberry jam centre that did it? :drool: Or does our hairy Homer prefer doughnuts ("donuts" is sooooo American :P ) of the ring variety (imho another crappy Americanism ;) )?

Btw Andres, I wasn't really that smooth was I? :lol: I mean so far I've been pretty rude. You were much nicer as always. ;)

sugary outer coating!sugary outer coating!sugary outer coating!

:banana_new::kicking:

I love these emoticons

edit:what have I just done?I have to go out more often

:lol: Either that or stay off the sugar! ;) (Actually I never knew this little guy :banana_new: could dance quite so well.)

Ykick, I'm sorry, but I agree with the politician about the welfare state issue. I dont think its the government's responsibility to provide like that for its citizens.

Man up, take responsibility for yourself!

It is generally accepted that Adolf hilter was as evil as they come but i actually think that Rudolf H

Still think Hitler is more evil as he originally implemented the genocide. Hoes was just following orders , but don't get me wrong,

he to is evil to carry out these killings in such a merciless way.

Maybe so but he also made Auschwitz a far more efficient death camp. At its peak Auschwitz was able to kill 12000 people a day. It would have been alot less if Rudolf H

Historian calls for Mein Kampf reprint

Mein Kampf restricted to academics only

Publishing rights lapse in 2015

Aim to head off "publishing phenomenon"

A GERMAN historian is campaigning to get Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf published in Germany for the first time since World War II, warning that a delay could turn the controversial book into a sensation.

But his drive has been criticised by Jewish groups, who say publishing the book too early would offend Holocaust survivors and send the wrong signal about Germany.

Hitler dictated the tome while in prison in Bavaria following the failed Munich

> Heinrich Himmler and Reinhard Heydrich were probably worse than Hitler.

Here's a question,

Why did it took an alliance with someone just as bad, Stalin, to get rid of Hitler ?!

Yes I think it should be published. And Holocaust denial should be legalised in Germany. Instead it won't be published, and the Germans are trying to force the whole of the EU to ban Holocaust-denying.

:D I don't think I'm getting my point across very successfully in this thread! Like Andres I have my suspicions about you Wes, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, just this once, and say that you probably aren't a mass murderer. Then yes, that "makes" you better than Hitler.

But what I meant was: why did Hitler feel the need to do all the bad things he did? Things which you would never do in a million years, I'm sure. Perhaps he was mentally ill?

If he was mentally ill, is it fair to say he was "evil" and a bad person? Would it still be fair to punish him for his actions, if he was mentally ill? Does he deserve our sympathy too?

I just know I'm going to get slaughtered for this :unsure:

I've read Mein Kampf myself. I dont know if the following holds relevance or not - I'm from a mixed race background.

Hitler's Ideals were at the beginning, quite acceptable. Germany for Germany. The German man earning his own living in his own country. Much the same as modern day Britain. We have so many immigrants we're fighting for jobs that are not there. Immigrants that want to work however and Immigrants that scrounge from the state however, are two different things [but thats a different story!]

As time grew, Hitler got to know men such as Joseph Goebbels, Heinrich Himmler, Josef Mengele, Reinhard Heydrich, Klaus Barbie, Kaltenbrunner, et al. His advisors. I don't know how to say this differently, you could almost say its likening it to a blokes night out where they all sort of egg each other on. Is that what happened? These men as far as I know were never claimed to be mentally ill, or diagnosed. Yet they all had their evil part to play.

I watched a docu the other night on Sky History HD. Hitler did have issues with health. The last few days of his life were spent in a bunker, as he was said to have some form of Parkinson's, so he couldn't 'escape' even if he wanted to.

He was terrified of Josef Stalin though. But as I said earlier, different story, different time!

I do believe that Hitler's advisors had a huge part to play though. Its said that he couldn't even write his own speeches to address the SS.

Slaughtered? Why? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Adolf was a nutter. I leave it there.

Maybe so but he also made Auschwitz a far more efficient death camp. At its peak Auschwitz was able to kill 12000 people a day. It would have been alot less if Rudolf H

I'm more inclined to take that as evidence of Uncle Joe's paranoia.

I'm more inclined to take that as evidence of Uncle Joe's paranoia.

Indeed, look up paranois and there is Joe's pic.

I do believe that Hitler's advisors had a huge part to play though. Its said that he couldn't even write his own speeches to address the SS.

Oh right! I didn't know that! Some people say he was charismatic, but my brother studied history in school and says he wasn't!

Oh right! I didn't know that! Some people say he was charismatic, but my brother studied history in school and says he wasn't!

Hitler was ver charismatic just watch his speaches, the master he had people eating out of his hands, the timing, the inflection etc.

Hitler was ver charismatic just watch his speaches, the master he had people eating out of his hands, the timing, the inflection etc.

Indeed. Funny how everywhere there is always a movement in history that (in its argentinian version years ago, at least) was called "revisionism". Basically, it consists in saying that the "official history" is nothing but a bunch of lies made up to keep us in the dark. As every theory, it has a factual base (many thing are actually manipulated) but it is always taken too far.

Yes, Hitler was terribly charismatic. Just watch him. Read the accounts from people who saw him. You may criticize many things about history, but that is one eviden truth.

Another famous revisionism current here was that of the "entouragement theory", applied to Peron. Basically, it said that Peron was a great guy, but his advisors were all monsters. As with Hitler's, that theory can't sustain itself. Even if he did not order himself all the atrocities, there is still the question of how would a person surround himself with such awful people, and how could he let them do such atrocities without noticing, and how the people would not react or vote against them but actually supported them. No, Peron was an authoritarian, and Hitler was a monster. It would be easier to argue that they were actually women in disguise than to deny Peron's authoritarism or Hitler's monstrosity.

Yeah I think you guys are right. Hitler was charismatic and a monster. A charismatic monster! He undoubtedly was a monster. What I'm really interested in is why he was a monster and why we are (hopefully) not. What made him do such terrible things while we don't?

A thought-experiment (Gedankenexperiment, as Adolf might have said): would it have been better to kill (execute) Hitler as a child, if we could have known what carnage would ensue as a result of his living?

If you answer yes, then where do you draw the line? I mean, there are lots of people who cause a lot of suffering, like serious criminals, or the delusional. Not only that but what about carriers of genetic diseases? If we killed those people, we could eliminate their diseases! But isn't this very similar to what Hitler himself tried to do - breed the master race!

I'm yet to see a good reason to suppose we are so different from Hitler. Nobody can say how they would have acted if they had lived his life. So can we really pass moral judgement on how he acted?

Ah, you got me thinking. I suppose what you're saying makes a lot of sense.

In answer to your question, I suppose if we knew what Hitler would grow up to become, if we had executed him as a child, would we [or person who was the executor] be known as a 'saviour' for preventing the world of another war, or a 'monster' for killing a child? A child whom I would like to add his mindshape was not yet formed.

Speaking of Hitler, he wandered the streets of Liverpool - on the street I grew up on. His hope was to be an artist, and I think it was there, he began to get obsessed with religious art. Maybe it all started there.

Yeah exactly Steph. It's an almost impossible dilemma. And I never knew he went to Liverpool. But it's hard to believe Liverpool could be a bad influence on anyone! :P Not when it produces you and Paul!