Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Gilles' Eyesight

WINDSOR'S WISDOMitv-f1.com

F1 Racing's Grand Prix editor Peter Windsor is a former Williams team manager and commentates for US-based motorsport channel SPEED TV. As such he offers a unique insight into the 2007 season so far

I remember a few months ago postulating that Gilles' eyesight was failing and that may have been the cause of his fatal accident at Zolder (and many of his accidents). It seems I was correct about the eyesight issue, at least according to Peter Windsor. This makes my additional theory about Jacques' eyesight failing and possibly contributing to his deteriorating driving skills of late a bit more plausible.

Yes, I know, I'm blowing my own horn here, but what the hell....

I was recalling that thread yesterday. I even went to look for the posts!

Very interesting article.

Well picked up on in regards to the eyesight problems aswell Mike :thbup:

Wan't laser eye correction available that time? If it was, Gilles could have done what Tiger Woods & co did & perhaps could have saved his life & have had a more glorious career.

WINDSOR'S WISDOMitv-f1.com

F1 Racing's Grand Prix editor Peter Windsor is a former Williams team manager and commentates for US-based motorsport channel SPEED TV. As such he offers a unique insight into the 2007 season so far

You may be true about Gilles, but JV could have had an operation or somthing to improve his ever sight, I remember him wearing a PINK :P spex!

LabradoRacer, My dad is an optician, and during free time I help him out, So I do get some information regarding Laser treatment. That treatment cannot be done for everyone with poor eye sight. I heard. Infact, its a very risky treatment, I am sure these days things are better, but back then it could have been done only on lab pigs with confidence!

Indeed, laser is only useful for certain eyesight conditions. I tried to find what exactly affected Gilles eyesight but I couldn't find any details on his condition nor Jacques'.

Does anybody have any info?

LabradoRacer, My dad is an optician, and during free time I help him out, So I do get some information regarding Laser treatment. That treatment cannot be done for everyone with poor eye sight. I heard. Infact, its a very risky treatment, I am sure these days things are better, but back then it could have been done only on lab pigs with confidence!

Well,Tiger Woods was the first golfer to use laser treatment to get his eyes twice as good as normal. I'm not kidding. His eyesight is twice as good as a normal person's. Of course ,Vijay Singh & the others followed suit.

Well,Tiger Woods was the first golfer to use laser treatment to get his eyes twice as good as normal. I'm not kidding. His eyesight is twice as good as a normal person's. Of course ,Vijay Singh & the others followed suit.

Its a news for me that Woods was the first one to be treated, thanx anyways, but i heard d treatment is done at your risk!

^^^^^^^ THE ABOVE IS INCORRECTLY POSTED ^^^^^^^
PROBABLY  MALWARE WILL INFECT UR DEVICE

WARNING ALERT

PROBABLY WILL INFECT UR DEVICE

WARNING ALERT

^^^^^^^ THE ABOVE IS incorrectly POSTED ^^^^^^^
PROBABLY  MALWARE WILL INFECT UR DEVICE

WARNING ALERT

PROBABLY MALWARE WILL INFECT UR DEVICE

^^^^^^^ THE ABOVE IS incorrectly POSTED ^^^^^^^