Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market 2007

Seems like there are a lot of teams testing other drivers soon, so it should be interesting to see some comments and perhaps some further developments on some of the seats up for grabs.

RBR set to retain Webber, Coulthard

Both Mark Webber and David Coulthard are set to stay with Red Bull Racing in 2008, according to reports in Austria.

The newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten claimed on Friday that the pair have done enough to secure the blessing of the team's owner, the Austrian energy drink magnate Dietrich Mateschitz.

Relevant contracts are due to be signed shortly, the reports added.

Mateschitz's motor sport right-hand man Helmut Marko, meanwhile, is quoted as rejecting the possibility that beleaguered Toyota driver Ralf Schumacher might rescue his career by joining Red Bull in 2008.

His comments presuppose that negotiations with Red Bull at least took place, but Schumacher's manager Hans Mahr insists: "As long as Toyota can redeem the (contract) option (on Ralf), we cannot negotiate with another team."

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=211724

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very good news if the rumour turns out to be true.

RBR set to retain Webber, Coulthard

Both Mark Webber and David Coulthard are set to stay with Red Bull Racing in 2008, according to reports in Austria.

This is very good news if the rumour turns out to be true.

Yes, red bull have been developing very quickly since being so slow in winter testing! Next year the team should gel better and podiums could be fairly regular!

Yes, red bull have been developing very quickly since being so slow in winter testing! Next year the team should gel better and podiums could be fairly regular!

Im kind of hoping that Red Bull can do next year what McLaren have done this year as essentually the RB3 and MP4-21 are very similar cars and from what ive read they have similar problems. The reason why the MP4-22 is so quick is because McLaren have solved the problems of last years car. Im sure Red Bull can do the same thing for the RB4.

A new driver rumour for STR from F1live.com-

[Marc Gene could be set to return to Formula One next year.

The 33-year-old Spaniard is currently a secondary test driver for Maranello based Ferrari, which has been speculatively linked with supplying a complete car and gearbox to a customer team in 2008.

Spanish newspaper Marca reports that Faenza based Scuderia Toro Rosso, co-owned by Gerhard Berger and Dietrich Mateschitz and already powered by Ferrari engines, could get Gene as part of the deal for Ferrari's race-winning F2007 racer.

Gene, so unoccupied by Ferrari this year that he races sports cars for Peugeot, drove for STR's predecessor Minardi in 1999 and 2000, and last appeared on the grid while substituting for Williams' injured Ralf Schumacher in 2003 and 2004.

Marca said the negotiations between Ferrari and Toro Rosso are 'on the verge' of being finalised.

Gene has started 36 Grand Prix, his best result of fifth coming at the Italian Grand Prix in 2003.]

I never saw him race. How was he? What you guys think of him as an option? I suppose he'll have experience with the F2007 which might help...

A new driver rumour for STR from F1live.com-

[Marc Gene could be set to return to Formula One next year.

The 33-year-old Spaniard is currently a secondary test driver for Maranello based Ferrari, which has been speculatively linked with supplying a complete car and gearbox to a customer team in 2008.

Spanish newspaper Marca reports that Faenza based Scuderia Toro Rosso, co-owned by Gerhard Berger and Dietrich Mateschitz and already powered by Ferrari engines, could get Gene as part of the deal for Ferrari's race-winning F2007 racer.

Gene, so unoccupied by Ferrari this year that he races sports cars for Peugeot, drove for STR's predecessor Minardi in 1999 and 2000, and last appeared on the grid while substituting for Williams' injured Ralf Schumacher in 2003 and 2004.

Marca said the negotiations between Ferrari and Toro Rosso are 'on the verge' of being finalised.

Gene has started 36 Grand Prix, his best result of fifth coming at the Italian Grand Prix in 2003.]

I never saw him race. How was he? What you guys think of him as an option? I suppose he'll have experience with the F2007 which might help...

Mark Gene. Thats a name i havent heard in years.

He drove for minardi in 1999 (and 2000 i think), and he was lame. He had a few drives for williams when Ralf was injured a few years ago, and wasnt THAT bad but I dont really think he belongs in F1.

As for STR - BUILD YOUR OWN BLOODY CAR

He drove for minardi in 1999 (and 2000 i think), and he was lame. He had a few drives for williams when Ralf was injured a few years ago, and wasnt THAT bad but I dont really think he belongs in F1.

As for STR - BUILD YOUR OWN BLOODY CAR

I agree with you there Jemstride. That proud F1 teams like Ferrari, Mclaren etc are ok with selling there designs to newbie F1 teams is beyond me. I suppose they'll be twelve month old designs by then, but still, it's bad enough seeing Honda and RBR sharing designs with sister teams this year. <_<

I agree with you there Jemstride. That proud F1 teams like Ferrari, Mclaren etc are ok with selling there designs to newbie F1 teams is beyond me. I suppose they'll be twelve month old designs by then, but still, it's bad enough seeing Honda and RBR sharing designs with sister teams this year. <_<

Super Aguri isnt using this years Honda (which im sure they are forever greatful). STR however are using this years Red Bull but it doesnt have the most advance aero upgrades on it which means it isnt nearly as fast as the Red Bull Racing version.

Super Aguri isnt using this years Honda (which im sure they are forever greatful). STR however are using this years Red Bull but it doesnt have the most advance aero upgrades on it which means it isnt nearly as fast as the Red Bull Racing version.

I'm aware of that, I didn't word my thought very well. I meant its bad enough to see it's happening at all this year. Although they're sister teams rather than completely seperate entities, it still sucks. Good point about it not being this years Honda. SA must be cheering!! It's scary to think that if for example if STR pouched a great bunch of chassis and aero guys to further develop the F2007, STR could be up there with Ferrari next year, and possibly beating them!

That would be nice, seeing Ferrari get beat is one of the most enjoyable things going (even if it is lewis and not Alonso doing it) :lol:

That would be nice, seeing Ferrari get beat is one of the most enjoyable things going (even if it is lewis and not Alonso doing it) :lol:

Emm.., don't hold your breath while STR will be trying to do this!!Besides if they ever pulled it off in a fair fight it would definitely be the biggest moment in their history!!That's because the next day our glorious trucks would load back all the Ferrari stuff from their crappy garages and dump them in a Maranello junk yard!! :lol:

* I 'm sure that's the most probable scenario

*I love this team... :D

You guys been eating cheese?

Yep, stilton :D

Emm.., don't hold your breath while STR will be trying to do this!!Besides if they ever pulled it off in a fair fight it would definitely be the biggest moment in their history!!That's because the next day our glorious trucks would load back all the Ferrari stuff from their crappy garages and dump them in a Maranello junk yard!! :lol:

* I 'm sure that's the most probable scenario

*I love this team... :D

Then they sue ferrari for failing to hold up their engine contract and we have something else to laugh at, but as we know ferrari probably give their customers neutered engines, it isn't really a likely scenario anyway.

Then they sue ferrari for failing to hold up their engine contract and we have something else to laugh at, but as we know ferrari probably give their customers neutered engines, it isn't really a likely scenario anyway.

That would depend on the contract's terms...!!Kind of like "...you are not allowed to beat us or else this contract is terminated the next day, meaning Monday right after the race where you manage to finish higher than us, at which day the Scuderia Ferrari will have the right to bring its trucks at your factory... :clap3: ". Luca is our president, everything is possible :naughty:

Knowing how petty ferrari are, I can totally believe that

Knowing how petty ferrari are, I can totally believe that

Petty says you!Anyway Ferrari is the main force behind F1 whether you like it or not.No Ferrari, no F1.The other teams are less significant.Even if you hate Ferrari, you have a reason to watch F1 because of that, right??

Yeah, to see the 2 silver cars beat them race after race. lol

2005 and 2006 where heaven for me, and 2007 is starting to look like it will be even better still

Funny thing is, for such a wonderful team, it is amazing that every other team in the pitlane despise them

Funny thing is, for such a wonderful team, it is amazing that every other team in the pitlane despise them

Did you like the kid at school who kicked your arse year in, year out on sport's day?

Don't really care tbh, because sports day was about fun for me.

And you know that analagy doesn't work either. McLaren, Renault, Williams... All successful teams, but none of them are despised in the pit lane anything like as much as Ferrari and that isn't a coincidence.

Don't really care tbh, because sports day was about fun for me.

And you know that analagy doesn't work either. McLaren, Renault, Williams... All successful teams, but none of them are despised in the pit lane anything like as much as Ferrari and that isn't a coincidence.

Indeed and its noticeable how they're hated by fans around the world too (except italy of course).

I think its partially to do with that over the last few years Ferrari seemed to act like they werent interested in the good of the sport, like when 10 teams would agree to something and it would always be ferrari being difficult, or not attending a meeting with FIA.

They had their reasons of course, but it didnt fare well with fans

Indeed and its noticeable how they're hated by fans around the world too (except italy of course).

I think its partially to do with that over the last few years Ferrari seemed to act like they werent interested in the good of the sport, like when 10 teams would agree to something and it would always be ferrari being difficult, or not attending a meeting with FIA.

They had their reasons of course, but it didnt fare well with fans

Like indy, when they where the only team that refused to the chicane :lol: the old "screw the fans we want our points" story :P

Like indy, when they where the only team that refused to the chicane :lol: the old "screw the fans we want our points" story :P

And wasnt there an issue at the start of 2005 with Minardi at the Australian GP, and Ferrari were the only team refusing to agree to let Minardi do something or other that would allow them to race - my memory is hazy, but I know there was some issue at the time and it was Ferrari being annoying!