Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market 2007

Well he won go down to the rates Luizi and Klien are offered.. Also If he goes for FI, that not top line, but rather just a driving seat...

Well we shall find out tommorrow...

How do you know that he won't go down to the salary demands of VL & CK??? You don't, that's what I mean no one knows how desparte he is to stay in the top line.

Oh and I mean Formula One when I say top line. Ofcourse Force India isn't a front running team.

It's a case of the chicken and the egg though isn't it.

Yes, he may command a bigger salary but on the other hand, he would bring in better sponsorship and potentially more prize money.

Yup. Good point.But i don't get how he would get more prize money, sponspership , he would get imo more than VL or CK (Though offically Mallaya has said he is not looking for pay but performence)

How do you know that he won't go down to the salary demands of VL & CK??? You don't, that's what I mean no one knows how desparte he is to stay in the top line.

Oh and I mean Formula One when I say top line. Ofcourse Force India isn't a front running team.

Well he has 3 wins and 18 podiums as stated earlier in this thread. Common sense dictates he wouldn't go below the salary of guys whos have scored a couple of points...

But yes otherwise i don't have any "facts/proofs"

Well he has 3 wins and 18 podiums as stated earlier in this thread. Common sense dictates he wouldn't go below the salary of guys whos have scored a couple of points...

But yes otherwise i don't have any "facts/proofs"

You're 100% correct AJ, logic would say he would command and deserve in all honesty a higher salary than what VL & CK are deserved. But what we cannot quantify and this being my point is the level that Fisi wants to say in the sport. Only he knows that and I should imagine he has made his intentions clear to Vijay Mallya about what salary he would drive for and so forth.

You're 100% correct AJ, logic would say he would command and deserve in all honesty a higher salary than what VL & CK are deserved. But what we cannot quantify and this being my point is the level that Fisi wants to say in the sport. Only he knows that and I should imagine he has made his intentions clear to Vijay Mallya about what salary he would drive for and so forth.

Yup...The devil is in the details... So lets see, i just saw recently, that The drivers will be announced on December 5th not 4th..., I guess he wants one practice run out of Ralf and Fisi before deciding...

Yup...The devil is in the details... So lets see, i just saw recently, that The drivers will be announced on December 5th not 4th..., I guess he wants one practice run out of Ralf and Fisi before deciding...

Yes, it's a pressure test for Ralf and Fisi that's for sure, one test to get acquainted with the car and test team and above all perform. I wonder if the statement from Mike Gascoyne still stands?? (That statement being if Force India is to hire Ralf he would walk away from the team completely!!)

Vijay Mallya wanted to make the announcement after the Motor Sport Business Forum in Monte Carlo.

Yes, it's a pressure test for Ralf and Fisi that's for sure, one test to get acquainted with the car and test team and above all perform. I wonder if the statement from Mike Gascoyne still stands?? (That statement being if Force India is to hire Ralf he would walk away from the team completely!!)

Vijay Mallya wanted to make the announcement after the Motor Sport Business Forum in Monte Carlo.

The conference is for 2 days, 4th and 5th. According to Indian newspapers he will announce the driver lineup on 5th at a dinner party...

By prize money, I'm working on the assumption that Fisi or Ralf would get better results out of the car, potentially scoring them WCC points and thus earning more prize money.

Ok that makes sense. btw, since this is almost a FI topic,

Smith and Hall to strengthen Force India

The Etihad Aldar Force India Formula One Team is delighted to announce a major restructure of its technical operations at its base in Silverstone, UK. Key to this restructure is the recruitment of Mark Smith and Ian Hall, who join the team from the Red Bull and Toyota teams respectively.

Smith will join the team as Design Director to work under the direction of Chief Technical Officer Mike Gascoyne and alongside Technical Director James Key. Smith will take responsibility for the day to day running of the drawing office and all race car design, while Key will focus on research and development, vehicle science and development projects for the 2009 and subsequent seasons' cars.

Smith joins the team from Red Bull and has previously enjoyed spells at Jordan and Renault with Gascoyne.

'It's great to be joining a team where I have so many memories from the past,

So maybe that assumption could be correct on scoring points...

In 2009 maybe :)

Possibly the odd point here and there in 2008 but certainly not by virtue of out right pace.

In 2009 maybe :)

Possibly the odd point here and there in 2008 but certainly not by virtue of out right pace.

Yup. But more regular to get that one point... And hey all they need is two points to post a 100% increase from the previous year...

According to AS, Mclaren will offer Alonso one year contract......... I do not know if I should laught, cry or throw up at the media

According to AS, Mclaren will offer Alonso one year contract......... I do not know if I should laught, cry or throw up at the media

:o Can you post the link foxtrot??? Thanks mate :D

Well here is a article reporting the possiblity of Fernando heading back to McLaren for a one year deal.

Alonso could reunite with McLaren - report

Dec.5 (GMM) Speculation surrounding Fernando Alonso's uncertain future has taken yet another sharp turn.

The Spanish newspaper Diario AS claims that, despite their recent unhappy split, McLaren has joined the race to accommodate the 26-year-old Spaniard in 2008.

Honda has seemingly dropped out of the running, but Renault, Red Bull and Toyota are thought to have presented Alonso with standing offers for next season and beyond -- with none willing to accept his demands for a single-season deal.

'AS' reports that McLaren has reopened the lines of communication with Alonso's management after Spanish team sponsors reacted badly to news of the split after just one year of collaboration.

Almost unbelievably, McLaren is now considered a real contender to welcome Alonso back to the Mercedes-powered team for 2008, due to Ron Dennis' similar desire for a merely one year contract.

'AS' claims the response from Alonso's camp so far has been composed, followed by the presentation to McLaren of a list of conditions, such as the freedom to determine independent race strategies.

But with Ron Dennis still in charge of the team, the newspaper speculates that a reunion is "unlikely".

Source: http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=237866

Can I just randomly add... What the **** is up with Force India's name? It sounds terrible, unprofessional and ridiculous! Stupid Indian b#####ds lowering the quality of F1!

Can I just randomly add... What the **** is up with Force India's name? It sounds terrible, unprofessional and ridiculous! Stupid Indian b#####ds lowering the quality of F1!

:o Tell us what you really think JR!!!!

Easy on, it's not that bad is it??? :unsure:

Oooo 14 more posts to go till my 10,000th! Woop Woop!

keep replying to this messages.

Just type the following 14 times.

"Hamilton is my God, Jenson Sux!"

Now! :P

Sorry I did not posted it, went to bed...... however in a twisted kind of way it would make sense, not that I think it is possible, but imagine the backtracking and peddaling, not to mention humble pies hehehehe

Are they mad??? :o

Yes it does seem so...

I kinda like it now...It grows on you Ben, soon even u will like it...

:o Tell us what you really think JR!!!!

Easy on, it's not that bad is it??? :unsure:

I personally don't think it's that bad, its not the best of all options, but certainly not the worst...

[quote name='Team Formula One' post='232317' date='Dec 5 2007, 11:14 AM']As regards the Alonso move, anything can happen in F1 and usually does.

I'm not counting it out just yet.[/quote]
It would be quite bad for both entities' reputation. They made a whole big deal of his parting and then join back again...

I think Alonso should just accept a 3 year deal with Reno/RBR/Toyota and stick to it and then in 2011 go where he wants...