Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Eurovision Song Contest

Just wondering if any of our European members can tell me whether they give a crap about this annual contest? From watching it on TV it seems like the rest of Europe takes it really seriously, whilst here in UK no-one really cares. I watched some of the semi-final yesterday and the performances are almost comical because they're so ridiculously bad

nah frankly i don't give a Sh#t neither, ireland don't have a chance at all with the song we got, the lyrics make no sense :lol:

The UK entrant is 4 d#ckheads pretending to be air stewards, they even say stuff like 'would you care for an in-flight meal' and 'the exits are located here, here and here' in between singing lyrics. Its pathetic! mind you last years winners showed what a joke the whole thing is (by winning), some Finnish freaks dressed as warlords

i think eurosong is more like Carnival and looking at girls a##. I have watched sem finales yesterday and was chatting with a friend on Msn...we were making jokes about each singer....

But i must admit i would love to have a "chat" with a Portuguese chick :naughty::naughty:

From watching it on TV it seems like the rest of Europe takes it really seriously, whilst here in UK no-one really cares.
Maybe it's because the UK do very, very bad in the contest!

thats not a contest, that's who can make my ears hurt more...

Its utterly awful this year! At least last year and the 2 years previous there were one or two ok songs!

The UK entrant is 4 d#ckheads pretending to be air stewards, they even say stuff like 'would you care for an in-flight meal' and 'the exits are located here, here and here' in between singing lyrics. Its pathetic! mind you last years winners showed what a joke the whole thing is (by winning), some Finnish freaks dressed as warlords

Nah jem, the best lyric is "Would you like something to suck on sir for the landing?" Glad our entrant is tongue in cheek.

Personally i would enter four soldiers, dress them head to toe with five pound notes, call them "F*ck Europe" and write a song called "We'll never win again, suck my d#ck".

Nah jem, the best lyric is "Would you like something to suck on sir for the landing?" Glad our entrant is tongue in cheek.

Personally i would enter four soldiers, dress them head to toe with five pound notes, call them "F*ck Europe" and write a song called "We'll never win again, suck my d#ck".

Hmmm, odd choice but could work haha!

I also like the lyric, "would you like some nuts with that sir." That bloke is so camp, he makes me look completely straight when I'm p**sed and camp!

That bloke is so camp, he makes me look completely straight when I'm p**sed and camp!

Let's not get carried away. Graham Norton with a cucumber shoved up his arse looks like Arnold Schwarzneger next to you.

oh my ****ing god, thats what british music is like :o How embarressing!

Indeed it was. And Ireland LAST! and UK nd France joint 22nd. Just shows how popular we are in Europe, Thanks Blair!

Slovenia were quite good. Like a bit of opera!

Well at least she made it to the finals on Thursday...but as usual the whole contest was a joke...Countries giving its neighbouring countries from 8-12pts all the time... <_<

Well at least she made it to the finals on Thursday...but as usual the whole contest was a joke...Countries giving its neighbouring countries from 8-12pts all the time... <_<

Yep, at least we didnt do that, infact we failed to give Ireland a single point!

it's no good having the easterns voting each other all the time, i mean ireland weren't that bad :P

i think all the countries should have to qualify and have judges decide who goes through to the final

<< and check it out, i'm now an established driver ^_^

it's no good having the easterns voting each other all the time, i mean ireland weren't that bad :P

i think all the countries should have to qualify and have judges decide who goes through to the final

<< and check it out, i'm now an established driver ^_^

Ah come on now we 9Ireland weren't that good either. we need to change the type of band we send out to it and we might stand a chance. But i do agree the countries beside one another vote for one another

Ah come on now we 9Ireland weren't that good either. we need to change the type of band we send out to it and we might stand a chance. But i do agree the countries beside one another vote for one another

hmm yeah it was god awful, next time ireland need a proper song writer, unlike failures like john watters

I would rather swap spit in the showers with maure than watch that piffle.