Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Eurovision Song Contest

Snobs!!!

Well it was good fun as always, and for once the UK did well (5th)! Maybe we arn't quite so hated after all!!!

Watched it for the laugh! How the f*ck did Norway win???? Terrible song! I guess it's cos he has that pretty boy look that every woman in Europe gots the goosebumps!

The Eurovision Song Contest is always a good laugh here in Oz. Some of us even have Eurovision parties. Basically, each guest gets assigned a country to support. They then bring a plate of food and booze from that country to the party, and they're expected to dress in theme (eg national colours, traditional outfit, etc). Then when their country performs, they cheer wildly, before being ridiculed by the rest of the group because of how bad their country's song actually was! Good times.

Anyway, isn't the whole point to lose? So you don't have to host it the next year? At least that's our theory about why it's always so bad that it's good!

Crazy Europeans.... ;)

Sometimes, living so far away from the civilized world is such a blessing.

amen

The Eurovision Song Contest is always a good laugh here in Oz. Some of us even have Eurovision parties. Basically, each guest gets assigned a country to support. They then bring a plate of food and booze from that country to the party, and they're expected to dress in theme (eg national colours, traditional outfit, etc). Then when their country performs, they cheer wildly, before being ridiculed by the rest of the group because of how bad their country's song actually was! Good times.

Anyway, isn't the whole point to lose? So you don't have to host it the next year? At least that's our theory about why it's always so bad that it's good!

Crazy Europeans.... ;)

Now that actually sounds fun. Anyone up for an F1 style party? We'd better hurry; this might be last year we would get to eat pasta.

Norway did not deserve to win. I did quite like Azerbaijan, and thought Iceland's song was nice. Turkey was good too. I think it's funny also that most people probably didn't realise that the male singer for Azerbaijan is a famous IRANIAN recording artist!, including Israel who awarded them 6 points... mwahahahahahaha

I enjoyed the whole show, because I wasn't watching it.

:lol:

I was surprised that the UK got that many points!

:lol:

I was surprised that the UK got that many points!

I wasn't. The reason we have done bad recently is because we have gone into it recently without even trying. Jade did a hell of a lot of promotion before the contest, and the fact we took it seriously this year was well received! We got points from a lot of countries, and a LOT of the Balkan ones we moan about! It was the Scandinavians this year who seemed to refuse to vote for us full stop. Not one of them gave us a single point!

Hopefully we may start taking it even more seriously from now on. We could have come second (Norway was never going to finish below 1 were they!?) with a better song, which is what stopped us getting higher than 5th!

Ah Eurovision; its something of a tradition in our house - mainly because of the "so bad its almost good" situation. I even own a couple of Eurovision CDs....

Germany's entry is usually worth a giggle, France's deadly serious and UK's usually embarassing. Still 5th ain't bad.

Dribs, good reason for watching = totty. Lots of bare midriffs :) Lady from Azerbaijan - mmm

Norway did not deserve to win. I did quite like Azerbaijan, and thought Iceland's song was nice. Turkey was good too. I think it's funny also that most people probably didn't realise that the male singer for Azerbaijan is a famous IRANIAN recording artist!, including Israel who awarded them 6 points... mwahahahahahaha
Out of Spain's 14 or so points, 12 came from next door neighbours Andorra :lol: ! I guess Terry Wogan is right!

The only thing it's good for is the Eurovision Drinking Contest.

Greece and Azerbaijan were my personal favourites.

me too.our song(the greek)was nothing special but sakis(the singer) was absolutely gorgeous :wub: and great on stage so he made it look more decent!!!!

as for azerbaijan,great song!i'm sure it's going to be a summer hit(at least in greece!)

plus, i really liked norway!

me too.our song(the greek)was nothing special but sakis(the singer) was absolutely gorgeous :wub: and great on stage so he made it look more decent!!!!

I thought he was a shirt ripping Euro-c0ck.