Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Night Race Confirmed For 2008!

Singapore night race confirmed for 2008

Friday, 11, May, 2007, 11:23

Singapore is to stage Formula 1

The good news for European television viewers is that the decision to stage the Singapore GP at night means the race will be broadcast in Europe at a more fan-friendly hour.

And of course no one else in the world matters :furious::furious:

And of course no one selse in the world matters :furious::furious:

i feel for you, Bernie is alienating fans from the east such as yourself. But there millions and millions of viewers in the west, and perhaps not so many where you are. I may be wrong

Singapore,Abu Dhabi, Valencia ,what's going on? All additional races? Oh,they're planning for 20,eh?

That made me think too - and i'm scared that a couple of 'traditional' races are going to get booted off

i feel for you, Bernie is alienating fans from the east such as yourself. But there millions and millions of viewers in the west, and perhaps not so many where you are. I may be wrong

It should not matter. Every race in Europe is on at a good time for Europeans and a bad time for people like me and now even the races which are in my region will be on at a bad time for me.

It should not matter. Every race in Europe is on at a good time for Europeans and a bad time for people like me and now even the races which are in my region will be on at a bad time for me.

sucks for you living in Oz on a big island thousands of miles away from the rest of western civilisation! Just a part of Aussie life I guess, putting up with being in a very different time zone to Europe where a lot of major sporting action happens! Thats no consolation at all I know but I dont expect Bernie cares much about what time Aussie fans watch F1

sucks for you living in Oz on a big island thousands of miles away from the rest of western civilisation! Just a part of Aussie life I guess, putting up with being in a very different time zone to Europe where a lot of major sporting action happens! Thats no consolation at all I know but I dont expect Bernie cares much about what time Aussie fans watch F1

I dont mind watching sports played in Europe at bad hours and neither does anyone else for that matter. During the World Cup nearly 15% of our population got up at 3am to watch Australia play. I dont mind that as i know those sports are being played in Europe and i must ajust to it because it is your country after all. What i do mind is being forced to watch F1 races which are on in my region at bad times as there is no reason at all for it to be run at night other than to keep the European viewers happy. Its suppose to be a give and take system, places like Australia have bad times for the European races while Europe is suppose to have bad times for races such as Australia, Bahrain and Singapore. Instead of the give and take theory Europe is going for the more simple approach of take and take.

My thinking is that if you don't get up at 4 am to watch F1 or stay up until 3 to finish watching it than your no real fan

someone please run Brunie over with a U-haul van it would be so fitting a death.

I dont mind watching sports played in Europe at bad hours and neither does anyone else for that matter. During the World Cup nearly 15% of our population got up at 3am to watch Australia play. I dont mind that as i know those sports are being played in Europe and i must ajust to it because it is your country after all. What i do mind is being forced to watch F1 races which are on in my region at bad times as there is no reason at all for it to be run at night other than to keep the European viewers happy. Its suppose to be a give and take system, places like Australia have bad times for the European races while Europe is suppose to have bad times for races such as Australia, Bahrain and Singapore. Instead of the give and take theory Europe is going for the more simple approach of take and take.

there's no justification for it really, Bernie doesnt care about anyone so I expect sponsors/teams etc pressured him into doing this because F1 is all about marketing their product, and races on in the night arent going to be seen by all the millions of potential customers in europe

Will the cars be having headlights?

no its completely floodlit. If they put headlights on the cars I would certainly write a letter to FIA

Gimmick.

An Argentinian news site just posted that Alonso criticized this whole idea. I guess someone in the Forums will soon post the article from a news site in english.

FA said that for one part, they are making a new chicane at Spain for safety reasons and at the same time they are talking about a night street race where rain, lights, track conditions make it more unsafe than most present tracks.

You may or may not agree with Alonso on regard with his night race asessment. But you must agree with him that is hypocresy from the FIA to nerf down every track for safety reasons and then doing a night race.

As a final thought, I really think that Alonso is right when he foresees a rather short F1 career for him. If he keeps confronting Bernie and the FIA I don't think even his outstanding driving skills will save him from their wrath...but that

An Argentinian news site just posted that Alonso criticized this whole idea. I guess someone in the Forums will soon post the article from a news site in english.

FA said that for one part, they are making a new chicane at Spain for safety reasons and at the same time they are talking about a night street race where rain, lights, track conditions make it more unsafe than most present tracks.

You may or may not agree with Alonso on regard with his night race asessment. But you must agree with him that is hypocresy from the FIA to nerf down every track for safety reasons and then doing a night race.

As a final thought, I really think that Alonso is right when he foresees a rather short F1 career for him. If he keeps confronting Bernie and the FIA I don't think even his outstanding driving skills will save him from their wrath...but that

Anything that can hide Kubica's nose has to be good. Then again, a floodlight might catch it side on and make us think there is a shark on the grid.

What utter bollocks. Alonso loves biting the hand that feeds him. Visibility is actually better in the night, with lights you can see much further. It would actually be easier to drive in rain in the night as the red lights will be visible from much vurther away. What does he mean by track conditions, the track hasn't been built yet.

As for your final bit, what on earth are you talking about? When has anyone ever threatened anything against him? If he wants to quit, he is welcome to. We have enough whiners on the track, and now that Lewis is making him look ordinary, I don't particularly care if he stays. The 'wrath' has so far earned him two drivers championships, wonder what he could do when he isn't facing that wrath.

Alonso fans are worse than James Allen when talking about their favourite driver.

Well, pull at my garters and call me snappy!

Well, pull at my garters and call me snappy!

Hey Snappy, you're lookin fine.....if a little bald.

What's the point of it? Light up the track so it's like daylight? Why not run the race in the day, then? I believe depth perception suffers at night anyway.

THis is entirely relevant to this discussion but since the annoncement of the Singapore GP there is a rumour going around on a V8 Supercars forum that the organisers are very interesting in bringing the V8 Supercars over to Singapore to entertain the crowd during the day.

How about covering the whole track with a big black sheet in the day time to make it seem like a night race?

Splendid idea. But it would be cheaper if the drivers wore their helmets back to front.

Splendid idea. But it would be cheaper if the drivers wore their helmets back to front.

Well, only if you turn the grandstand seats upside down.

What's the point of it? Light up the track so it's like daylight? Why not run the race in the day, then? I believe depth perception suffers at night anyway.

Don't you enjoy day-night ODI's in Cricket?

Don't you enjoy day-night ODI's in Cricket?

Formula 1 isn't Cricket. Formula 1 is a sport, Cricket is a game.