Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso's Team Cheating Again

You are my favourite moderator as DC is my favourite driver.

Are you trying to tell us that you are not a fan of King Coulthard :o

I always thought that deep down you always wanted to root Coulthard :D

Are you trying to tell us that you are not a fan of King Coulthard :o

I always thought that deep down you always wanted to root Coulthard :D

Did you actually mean 'root Coulthard' or 'root for Coulthard'? I mean 3 letters makes a hell of a difference to my interpretation! :lol:

Did you actually mean 'root Coulthard' or 'root for Coulthard'? I mean 3 letters makes a hell of a difference to my interpretation! :lol:

The former :D

:eusa_think:

I wonder how long it will be before we see a copy cat of the McLaren "Bridge" wing. My money is on Honda, they clearly have no shame after testing the "Dumbo Ears" and we all know that they are having problems with their aero/car as a whole.

I looked at an onboard replay of the wing in Spain while Steve Matchett (speedtv) was circling the bridge right over the nose and noting how it lowered closer to the nose at speed and raised during braking. I'm sorry to say that Matchett was wrong in thinking that wing is flexing. In that replay, unlike Matchett, I looked at the visible endplate on the left side (which is more visible than the right for some reason) and saw that it also was raising and lowering in perfect time to the bridge. This proves that the whole front wing assembly raises and lowers due to accelleration and braking forces. This is normal.

I looked at an onboard replay of the wing in Spain while Steve Matchett (speedtv) was circling the bridge right over the nose and noting how it lowered closer to the nose at speed and raised during braking. I'm sorry to say that Matchett was wrong in thinking that wing is flexing. In that replay, unlike Matchett, I looked at the visible endplate on the left side (which is more visible than the right for some reason) and saw that it also was raising and lowering in perfect time to the bridge. This proves that the whole front wing assembly raises and lowers due to accelleration and braking forces. This is normal.

Interesting. So what you

Maybe the Mclaren nose isn't flexing atall and they have found a way to make the track move up and down?

How can the whole front wing assembly lower in relation to the nose? It is attached to the nose.

Maybe the Mclaren nose isn't flexing atall and they have found a way to make the track move up and down?

:lol:

They got to be using some kind of gravity forces in the nose to move the track up, Cav or Murray could be the ones to explain this new device, the know a lot about science.

Why are you guys saying that aliens from Mars will rule and that you like stuffing things up your different orifices? :unsure:

Yup, because that is how much you are (deliberately?) twisting what Mike said and then replying to that distorted version.

I have no idea who is right in this whole flexiwing issue. As I said before, I can't tell the flexing from the mere vibration of the car in the footage I watched, so I can't tell if Mike is right or not.

What I understand from what he posted, all he is saying is that the footage shows that the whole structure is moving up and down, due to downforce. No part moves in relation to another.

Am I right?

If this is the case then the whole car should be banned because of its flexing nose.

Do we have to ban Kubica then?

Why are you guys saying that aliens from Mars will rule and that you like stuffing things up your different orifices? :unsure:

Yup, because that is how much you are (deliberately?) twisting what Mike said and then replying to that distorted version.

I have no idea who is right in this whole flexiwing issue. As I said before, I can't tell the flexing from the mere vibration of the car in the footage I watched, so I can't tell if Mike is right or not.

What I understand from what he posted, all he is saying is that the footage shows that the whole structure is moving up and down, due to downforce. No part moves in relation to another.

Am I right?

I couldn't tell from the clip either, Andres - maybe it's our age :eusa_think:

But no, you're never right and never ask stupid question like that again! :lol:

Do we have to ban Kubica then?

I couldn't tell from the clip either, Andres - maybe it's our age :eusa_think:

But no, you're never right and never ask stupid question like that again! :lol:

:lol:

OFFTOPIC: That reminds me of a time when I went to Chile. Me and some friends were watching the famous Vi

Then we shouldn't see any movement at all, everything that we are looking at is sprung. Waht is noticeable, and what I am sure Matchett would have pointed out is that the wing moves relative to the nose, that is clearly visible.

The FIA decision is a bad precedent, soon people will exploit this.

:roll:

Indeed, it's why I have stopped asking my wife for sex.

:lol::lol:

Then we shouldn't see any movement at all, everything that we are looking at is sprung. Waht is noticeable, and what I am sure Matchett would have pointed out is that the wing moves relative to the nose, that is clearly visible.

The FIA decision is a bad precedent, soon people will exploit this.

Perhaps McLaren came up with the idea ex post facto since they had the precedent from last year along with definitive testing procedures outlined by FIA and now exploited the rules they incited FIA to create. That's how they play the game. After they called out Ferrari last year, FIA came up with definitive load testing procedures for testing wing flexure which were not already in place. Using that procedure as a baseline, McLaren designed a wing that passes the rigidity test under simulated load while still being able to flex/move under actual load. Every wing flexes under load. Ever been on an airplane (or aeroplane)? The big planes have wings that move a lot, even though they are aluminum and full of fuel (I used the fact to scare the crap out of my friend's girlfriend when we were taking off an a trip one time since she's scared of flying).

The dowel wings on the F2006 achieved the same goal as these McLaren wings, with the exception that the endplates on the Ferrari angled outward under load. The overall outcome is the same, that the lower planes of the wing are closer to the ground and more air is directed upward and less air goes under the car. Simple.

Bravo, Ron. You figured out a way to exploit your own rules.

Shows how much credibility i've got around here for my (true and completely correct) arguement to only be recognized when someone else posts it.

Thats good because it shows how ignorant and bias the people who argued against me are.

Only way to stop a wing from doing this (even the titanium version i proposed earlier) you would need absolutely no elastic propertys in the material and have it strong enough to withstand the load without breaking from repeated stress. So you see theres not a single wing any team is using, or could use, that wont do what your seeing the McLaren wing do.

If you really want to be anal you can attack how tyre deformation and suspension travel is causing some of this elevation change that is affecting the wing.

We could be realisitc and come to the conclusion that you are just flame baiting by acting (i hope) so clueless on how words on paper translate to the real world.

Perhaps McLaren came up with the idea ex post facto since they had the precedent from last year along with definitive testing procedures outlined by FIA and now exploited the rules they incited FIA to create. That's how they play the game. After they called out Ferrari last year, FIA came up with definitive load testing procedures for testing wing flexure which were not already in place. Using that procedure as a baseline, McLaren designed a wing that passes the rigidity test under simulated load while still being able to flex/move under actual load. Every wing flexes under load. Ever been on an airplane (or aeroplane)? The big planes have wings that move a lot, even though they are aluminum and full of fuel (I used the fact to scare the crap out of my friend's girlfriend when we were taking off an a trip one time since she's scared of flying).

The dowel wings on the F2006 achieved the same goal as these McLaren wings, with the exception that the endplates on the Ferrari angled outward under load. The overall outcome is the same, that the lower planes of the wing are closer to the ground and more air is directed upward and less air goes under the car. Simple.

Bravo, Ron. You figured out a way to exploit your own rules.

Yep, only the way Ferrari do it gives alot more advantage. If you think of clever ways to interperate rules and just do it like that without drawing attention to the area your exploiting you stand the chance of being the only one doing it for the first time, and it will take alot of time for the others to figure out what is being done and how to do it themselves.

Publically getting the FIA to clarify rules points everyone at that exploitable rule and they all get working on how to bend the new definition at the same time meaning the most clever engineers get the best result and the others shouldnt be far behind.

Ofcourse the first way is more risky as the FIA will then rewrite the rule making all your effort mean nothing. Getting it clarified first locks the FIA into the definition so it dosent get banned.

Shows how much credibility i've got around here for my (true and completely correct) arguement to only be recognized when someone else posts it.

Thats good because it shows how ignorant and bias the people who argued against me are.

You have also stopped asking your wife for sex because you don't like the answer?

You have also stopped asking your wife for sex because you don't like the answer?

In your case, Paul, it's understandable. Asking your wife for sex would be as if I kept going to the barbershop for a haircut. :P

In your case, Paul, it's understandable. Asking your wife for sex would be as if I kept going to the barbershop for a haircut. :P

:roll:

You crack me up, Andres............hey, wait a minute :eusa_think::lol: