Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

So Err Can We Let That One Rest Now?

The one about Michael being too scared to drive alongside Kimi, since he thrashed a faster driver over an entire season :naughty:

And how good was Michael, to completely outclass a driver who is giving the supposedly fastest driver in F1 a run for his money?

Well said Cav :clap3:

Massa is certainly doing well so far this season, lets hope he kicks a## tomorrow & pulls away from FA from the very 1st corner

Massa just looks a lot more determined & eager than Kimi (in my humble little opinion)

The one about Michael being too scared to drive alongside Kimi, since he thrashed a faster driver over an entire season :naughty:

And how good was Michael, to completely outclass a driver who is giving the supposedly fastest driver in F1 a run for his money?

All good points, but to be fair Massa has brought it up a notch this year..................

Hmm...I'll take the controversial route...maybe Michael did not judge Kimi correctly and actually, God forbid, made a mistake (I know I'll get shot for saying that...)

Similarly, a good majority of posters picked Kimi to win the title and yet now they are all giving up, so could they have made the same mistake as Michael?

Either way, it's too early to tell, jsut because Kimi isn't dominant, it isn't the end of the world and does not mean Michael was better than him (though MS really was) as no one is dominant this year. Maybe MS thought Kimi would be quicker but was wrong? Maybe Massa stepped it up a bit now that he's got more attention?

Still, I'm convinced MS was better, as Massa still makes dumb errors (Malaysia) and Kimi's heart is only in it every so often (Bahrain).

-Eric

I think last year Massa was just as good.Simply MS is not around to make the car go even faster.I have little doubt had he been racing this year that it would be 2004 all over again! 4 poles, 4 fastest laps, 4 wins for the great German!!

The 'Schumacher is scared of Kimi' theory was a ridiculous, unjustified pile of poo made up by schuey-haters anyway. Of course he wasnt scared of Kimi, he'd had 16/17 seasons in F1 and it was time to retire!

I think last year Massa was just as good.Simply MS is not around to make the car go even faster.I have little doubt had he been racing this year that it would be 2004 all over again! 4 poles, 4 fastest laps, 4 wins for the great German!!

Very true...

I do miss the great man.

Oh well...

:shakehead:

Hmm...I'll take the controversial route...maybe Michael did not judge Kimi correctly and actually, God forbid, made a mistake (I know I'll get shot for saying that...)

Similarly, a good majority of posters picked Kimi to win the title and yet now they are all giving up, so could they have made the same mistake as Michael?

Either way, it's too early to tell, jsut because Kimi isn't dominant, it isn't the end of the world and does not mean Michael was better than him (though MS really was) as no one is dominant this year. Maybe MS thought Kimi would be quicker but was wrong? Maybe Massa stepped it up a bit now that he's got more attention?

Still, I'm convinced MS was better, as Massa still makes dumb errors (Malaysia) and Kimi's heart is only in it every so often (Bahrain).

-Eric

I've never heard the "Schumi is scared of Kimi" theory. What I did heard, was that, with KR in Ferrari, the two drivers would have to be treated equally, at least during the first races, and that was what Schumi didn't wanted. Again, according to THAT theory. I even thought it was plausible at the time. A not so angry look at Schumi's personality now show me he probably would not have been bothered with that. He was spoilt, but I also think that he would have welcomed the challenged in his last years in Ferrari. He did seem happy with Alonso's challenge to his absolute dominance, more than one would think.

Ok, how was Massa not treated equally last season, until very late in the season, well after the point at which Renault had started applying team orders? In fact, Michael had more reliability issues than Massa last year. So that theory is bulls##t too. And no, I am not mincing words over this, it is tiresome to hear the same baseless nonsense over and over again.

Ok, how was Massa not treated equally last season, until very late in the season, well after the point at which Renault had started applying team orders? In fact, Michael had more reliability issues than Massa last year. So that theory is bulls##t too. And no, I am not mincing words over this, it is tiresome to hear the same baseless nonsense over and over again.

Like I said, I don't support that theory. And with "treated equally" I never thought they refer strictly to the races itselves, as I don't think Massa would have beaten Schumi under any circumstances (I am not THAT biased against Schumi :lol: ) It was more of a general preference...not sure how can I express it. Perhaps someone with a better knowledge of english can give me a hand, here? I mean that Schumi was the number one, cars would be designed with him in mind, more than his teammates, strategy was usually based on the fact that Schumi would probably win, he would probably was given smoother towels than his teammates, etc. :lol: Rubinho and Massa both knew from the start that they would be Number 2 with Schumi around. Not sure Kimi would have accepted moving to Ferrari as a number 2.

Again, I always thought that Schumi actually demanded things to be like that, now, with a little more perspective on things, I think he would have actually welcomed the challenge of Kimi by his side.

No need to get tired about those theories. There are similar theories now about Alonso being mad with jealousy over Hamilton. :P Something that is so far as proved as the "Schumi never wanted intra team competition at Ferrari" theory.

Personally, I would think that Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro wanted a championship, as that is what a high-level team goes for (and some low-level ones, too...it is, after all, going to be DC's year...). I think that Michael losing a fair fight to Alonso in 2006, which perhaps could've been an unfair fight as the FIA did go out of their way to put Alonso down (Monza 2006), but even if you take that in, Ferrari had an advantage. No matter what, Michael lost, and it was not due to disadvantage, as it was equal or at an advantage all season. Simply, I'm not sure Ferrari thought Michael had it left in him. Kimi was the other threat to Fernando, and I think Ferrari had the money and the desire to have a Schumacher-Raikkonen pairing. I think that it is hard to have confidence in yourself when the people who surround you have no confidence in you, and hiring a "backup" so to speak in Kimi kind of shows Ferrari thought Michael didn't have it left in him. Michel put himself into retirement, but I'm sure that Ferrari had an influence with their decisions to hire Kimi. Sure, Kimi was signed in 2005, and ever since Mr. Raikkonen signed that contract, MS hasn't been a champion.

Though as I wrote that, I kind of saw what is wrong with that statement. Kimi signed in 2005, so why didn't Michael hang it up then if confidence was so big? If Ferrari basically forced him out, why is he still with the team in some capacity? If he still wanted to have a go, why didn't he take Flavio's offer or Mario's offer for Renault and BMW?

So maybe this should be said: He isn't in F1, he was a great driver, but now he's gone, I think we're all over-analyzing just because he was such a big part of the sport for so long and that we all need to remember he is a human being and he can make decisions the same way you and I can, and he decided to retire. Let's move on, support Felipe, support Kimi, support the Scuderia if you were a Michael fan, but I of course would highly advise you to support Lewis. With that said, let's move on.

-Eric

Someone please explain why it is so hard to believe that he retired because he had had enough?

My opinion? I found it hard to believe he had enough because I would've expected him to show signs of being tired, or bored, or something like that. But he sounded as motivated as ever just days before the announcement. No need to feel that anybody is actually attacking him for that. If there were signs that he had enough, I couldn't perceive them, that's it at least from my side. For some of us, it was just too surprising to see him suddenly announcing his retirement. That's it. Is that a bad thing? :unsure:

My opinion? I found it hard to believe he had enough because I would've expected him to show signs of being tired, or bored, or something like that. But he sounded as motivated as ever just days before the announcement. No need to feel that anybody is actually attacking him for that. If there were signs that he had enough, I couldn't perceive them, that's it at least from my side. For some of us, it was just too surprising to see him suddenly announcing his retirement. That's it. Is that a bad thing? :unsure:

You should read extracts from his biography, in that he talks about how he was tired of the long constant training sessions and testing sessions and just felt he could not go on at that intensity. He felt that he could not sustain that level of commitment for another season.

You should read extracts from his biography, in that he talks about how he was tired of the long constant training sessions and testing sessions and just felt he could not go on at that intensity. He felt that he could not sustain that level of commitment for another season.

I believe you, and I believe him. Why not? :D

But nothing he did the weeks before his retirement announcement prepared me for that, believe me! ;)

And you should know that a conspiracy theory is perfect for those cases in which we face things we cannot explain :lol:

So can we let it rest now?

Nah...we will keep it around just to make you go ballistic every now and then :P

There was some sweet irony in the Ferrari garage today.

Kimi's arrival at Ferrari meant that Michael had to leave early. Michael being in the garage today, i'm sure, made Kimi do the same.

To borrow a phrase from the English.......................Massa is mega!!!!! Schu knew that the time was right to retire and let the little guy shine............

i think ferrari should respect Kimi more and tell schuey to bugger off and visit another time NOT on a race weekend when Kimi is trying to concentrate on winning and not being asked stupid questions about Schueys influence

To borrow a phrase from the English.......................Massa is mega!!!!! Schu knew that the time was right to retire and let the little guy shine............

Yes...would be tough for him...just look Kimmi...breaking Schumacer