Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JamesB

Best Season Yet?

At the beginning of the season I thought the title was gonna be fought by Alonso and Raikonen. But now Hamilton is leading the championship and Massa has won two races in a row, the championship should hopefully be one of the closest and best yet. What do you guys think?

At the beginning of the season I thought the title was gonna be fought by Alonso and Raikonen. But now Hamilton is leading the championship and Massa has won two races in a row, the championship should hopefully be one of the closest and best yet. What do you guys think?

Championship? Perhaps. It has more candidates than the average for the past few years.

But I yet hace to watch a single exciting race in this season. The funniest race so far was this one, even if it was because it seemed scripted by the three stooges.

Yep, the race was crap, it was more interesting to watch the live timing. We got our telecast after the race finished, I didn't watch much of it. Sat through it arguing with people here just to see Alonso's face after the race and in the press conference, boy was that worth it :D:D :D :D

For a Spanish GP (which are usually very dull) I actually thought the race was quite interesting & eventful.

This will be a close championship & its great that its unpredictable in that we all exepected Kimi & Alonso to fight for the lead every race, and instead both appear to be underperforming. Right now there's a more of a (friendly) rivalry between Massa & Hamilton!

Alonso said after Spain that he still thinks this year is going to boil down to just him & Kimi but I have to say I disagree, as Lewis is showing no signs of making rookie errors, and Massa seems more and more at ease

I really enjoyed the race too. Cars going on fire, Wheel nuts coming off, first corner sandtrap visits. It was more interesting than Bahrain for me.

I think this season has been dead boring...

All four races thus far must have had permanent yellow flags out since it difficult to remember much passing at all!!!

Thought the race yesterday was pretty good actually and I'm excited that it could be a 4 way battle all year though I think some bad luck will eventually rule someone out.

Was tough to see all of yesterdays race though what with flicking between it and the NHL conference final playoffs.

This season is very promising with 4 driver fighting. nevertheles with today cars AND TRACKS there is not much more to see! We will be very lucky if 3 or 4 races shows fighting like old times -plus 2 or 3 with rain...sums up 1/3 of the year with a decent show... the rest it

I agree that the championship is exciting, wish i could say the same about the races though

I like the rivarly bewtween Massa & LH - i really think Massa has stepped it up a gear & both of them seem full of confidence & hubger to succeed, i also love the fact that they both seem to really be delighted when they reach the podium, you can see how much it means to them

Heres hoping the battle between them continues all season as id much rather have either of them win it that KR or FA

Well ,this season is exciting,no doubt. But Schumi driving would have made it even more exciting. No sarcasm there! I simply enjoyed seeing him riding roughshod over others over the entire season!

I agree that the championship is exciting, wish i could say the same about the races though

I like the rivarly bewtween Massa & LH - i really think Massa has stepped it up a gear & both of them seem full of confidence & hubger to succeed, i also love the fact that they both seem to really be delighted when they reach the podium, you can see how much it means to them

Heres hoping the battle between them continues all season as id much rather have either of them win it that KR or FA

Thats so true, Kimi is such a bore, and Alonso? Well, I've seen him up there plenty of times already, I don't mind a change

Yep, that sums it up for me as well - the battle is reasonably exciting, but the races aren't. To think I got my hopes up with Alonso saying there will be more overtaking due to the changes to the circuit - damn liar!! :lol:

It was nice to see Massa and Lewis joking with each other going up to the podium.

Massa and Lewis do seem to get along with one another despite the growing on track rivalry. Im sure the first real incident between the two might change that though!

It's the closest season since 2003, but 2003 was mutch better when it comes action on track so fare.

But Barcelona doesn't use to be the best pinacle of the year.

But also Bahrin who use to be exaiting and good racing was quite boring, only real action was Heidfelds move on Alonso :blush:

But overtaking has become harder this year couse off the new rew limit rule and with that also the disapearing of the push to pass button(a button who u could use when u needed a little extra power from the engine).

And also with more and more with all the extra wings on the cars who disturb the airflow behind the car. <_<

Yep, the race was crap, it was more interesting to watch the live timing. We got our telecast after the race finished, I didn't watch much of it. Sat through it arguing with people here just to see Alonso's face after the race and in the press conference, boy was that worth it :D:D :D :D

compared to barcelona races just gone by, i thought it was quite entertaining. i don't remember any real overtaking moves, but it was an eventful race, almost a race of attrition which was surprising since they only just tested there. was great to cheer some of the underdogs like dc and sato all the way to the chequered flag

Yep, the race was crap, it was more interesting to watch the live timing. We got our telecast after the race finished, I didn't watch much of it. Sat through it arguing with people here just to see Alonso's face after the race and in the press conference, boy was that worth it :D:D:D:D

That is right it was worth it but I also noticed that he had some kind of propblem to speak fluently, looks like he was exausted, Massa and Hamilton were ok but he looks a lot more tired than them, probably he is loosing his shape and that is affecting his performance, he was not protecting his position and he had no chance to catch LH so I don't understand why he was so tired compared to the others.

I'm enjoying watching the joy on the faces of Lewis and Felipe. They know that they are doing what no one expected and you can see how much they are enjoying the fact.

Fernando and Kimi look like they are chewing wasps.

So what if the races haven't been corkers yet? We'll get them. The fact that the championship is seamingly going to be so tight more than compensates, in my view.

Best season yet? No. The racing needs to be better for it to ever superseed some of the classics.

I do like Hammy being the leader for now, but without any wins, that lead is empty. As for the season so far, it's not even close to the 'best yet'. It's so far had a few exciting moments but overall it's been quite uneventful.

I do like Hammy being the leader for now, but without any wins, that lead is empty. As for the season so far, it's not even close to the 'best yet'. It's so far had a few exciting moments but overall it's been quite uneventful.

While the front runners battle has been uneventful im finding the midfeild battle between Red Bull, Renault, Williams and Toyota to be quite exciting.

By all means, no, this is not the best season of F1.

I'd rather have my least favorite driver Kimi Raikkonen win every single race and have a 3000000 point lead if and only if we could see constant on-track battles for the lead and for second and third and all the positions. I wouldn't mind dominance if they had to work for domination; I guess I'm trying to say I'd rather have a dominant championship with good racing than a close championship with dominant racing.

Sure, great to see Massa and Hamilton doing well, and looking excited about it, too! But, it's still kind of, average, typical modern-day F1, which can be enjoyed with the right mindset, and so far I'm liking it a little more than last year, but it's nothing special and if the FOM didn't exist, 20 years from now people will have nothing to watch on YouTube from this year other than a couple first corner passes and Heidfeld's Bahrain pass. The rest will be screw-ups (Massa at Sepang, Nando at Barcelona) and accidents (Wurz and DC's the only one I can think of...)

Hopefully new regs bring better racing...no more winglets, no more TC...good stuff.

-Eric

(It's also a bad season because Scott's team haven't got a clue about anything, but that's different...)

I'm enjoying watching the joy on the faces of Lewis and Felipe. They know that they are doing what no one expected and you can see how much they are enjoying the fact.

Fernando and Kimi look like they are chewing wasps.

So what if the races haven't been corkers yet? We'll get them. The fact that the championship is seamingly going to be so tight more than compensates, in my view.

Best season yet? No. The racing needs to be better for it to ever superseed some of the classics.

yea its is good to see, reminds me of MS. after winning so many races, after beating Prost's record, he still was genuinely excited to win, you could see his drive to be up there every time he won, I kinda feel like FA and Kimi are missing that when they are standing up there and maybe that is why they aren't preforming. Massa looks like he just can't think of anything better than standing on that step and maybe thats whats giving him the extra boost to do well.

While the front runners battle has been uneventful im finding the midfeild battle between Red Bull, Renault, Williams and Toyota to be quite exciting.

very true, the midfield cars have been swapping blows a lot more than the front three teams. In Bahrain the battle between the Williams and the Renaults was very fun to watch and with Toyota in there too.

I think the thing thats missing from this season still though is a race where the adrenaline is pumping even when sitting at home. Think of last year, where FA and MS had races where they were just going all out. Watching China and Brazil and Hungry and Imolla really got the adrenaline flowing, at least they did for me, this year not so much

yea its is good to see, reminds me of MS. after winning so many races, after beating Prost's record, he still was genuinely excited to win, you could see his drive to be up there every time he won,

You have gotta love someone who's lovin' it!