Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niall McBride

Honda And Toyota, Are They Really Just Wasting Their Time?

Seeing as they aren't exactly consistant front runners despite their resources it seems obvious that they should just stick to engine manufacturing and bring back the privateers like Jordan and Minardi that know how to really compete (if they had the funds that is) :) Any of yous agree that there should be less manufactures running teams and more privateers?

Seeing as they aren't exactly consistant front runners despite their resources it seems obvious that they should just stick to engine manufacturing and bring back the privateers like Jordan and Minardi that know how to really compete (if they had the funds that is) :) Any of yous agree that there should be less manufactures running teams and more privateers?

i think most of us prefer the old privateer teams as they were run by F1-freaks who loved racing, and not big companies who just want to increase their road-car sales. But F1 has moved on and this is an era in which manufacturers rule.

I dont think Toyota and Honda should give up just because they're not competitive at the moment, they will keep working flat out until they get it right. To have winners, you also have to have the losers, theres no point in the losers just giving up. Toyota showed in 2005 that they can get near the front, and Honda did the same last year. They've been close, so they can do it again, and they will eventually.

I am most happy to see the 2 Japs struggling. It would be outrageous for them to succeed in F1 too. If they want to succeed in F1,it should entail ceding ground to GM ,Ford & Chrysler in commercial sales.

I disagree that Honda and Toyota should stick to engine building. What they should do is go on a ruthless recruitment drive. The fact that one of them hasn't poached Brawn yet whilst he tends his roses is frankly stupid.

If you want to win, understand your strengths and weaknesses. Toyota are personnel weak but cash strong.

I disagree that Honda and Toyota should stick to engine building. What they should do is go on a ruthless recruitment drive. The fact that one of them hasn't poached Brawn yet whilst he tends his roses is frankly stupid.

If you want to win, understand your strengths and weaknesses. Toyota are personnel weak but cash strong.

I disagree that Toyota are personnel weak. I know a few people who work/worked for Toyota, and they have the skill.

And from their own mouths they say the problem is the Japanese way of working just doesnt work.

I disagree that Toyota are personnel weak. I know a few people who work/worked for Toyota, and they have the skill.

And from their own mouths they say the problem is the Japanese way of working just doesnt work.

So it's not the people? What is so wrong with their ethic?

Toyota's problem is Toyota itself. Being a Toyota fan I'm ashamed of their performance but they're still my team. Toyota Corp in Japan still control what goes on in Germany therefore it leads to problem. Toyota employs a lot of individuals for their F1 team, but most of them are paper pusher.

Their biggest mistake ever is to let Mike Gascoyne go.

Honda is just under bad management. I think they should had fired Nick Fry a long time ago.

Honda is just under bad management. I think they should had fired Nick Fry a long time ago.

Honda (including BAR Honda) were only ever good when David Richards managed them

I am most happy to see the 2 Japs struggling. It would be outrageous for them to succeed in F1 too. If they want to succeed in F1,it should entail ceding ground to GM ,Ford & Chrysler in commercial sales.

that just makes no sense at all.

Nick Fry was Dave Richards's revenge.

:lol:

and what bitter revenge it has been

I think Toyota are a great ol team! I hope they score a few points this season! I'm not so sure what happened to Honda this season!

The Japanese corporate mentality of consensus, harmony, and long inner reflection before decision making and action does not fit into the cuthroat world of Grand Prix racing where ruthless alpha male personalities with excessive killer instinct driven by supersized egos, intensely cruel selfishness and backstabbing macchiavelian scheming roam the paddock and garages with impunity like Tyranosaurus Rex on a hungry rampage.

The Japanese corporate mentality of consensus, harmony, and long inner reflection before decision making and action does not fit into the cuthroat world of Grand Prix racing where ruthless alpha male personalities with excessive killer instinct driven by supersized egos, intensely cruel selfishness and backstabbing macchiavelian scheming roam the paddock and garages with impunity like Tyranosaurus Rex on a hungry rampage.

I was just going to say that but in about 20 less words, yours makes it sound more convincing though.

Can you just write like that all the time please? :congrats:

Fantastic! I once tried to convey a similar message but didnt succeed! Bravo bravo!

Ok...

..... but tell us how you really feel about it...... :lol: