Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CARLOS

opinion on JP Montoya

hello everyone, i am interested i your opinion of juan pablo montoya in f1.  what do you have to say about him?

I think he has shown a lot of promise so far this year.  I will admit to being a bit dubious at the start of the season, especially because the last guy to come out of cart was cr*p (Zanardi).  

The season is still young, and there are lots of points up for grabs, hopefully some of them will go to him.

He as made some courageous moves on more experienced drivers, which earnt him a lot of due respect.

This is still his rookie year, and he has to learn all the tracks, but next year, I think we will see great things.

Definately a WDC in the making.

Claire

I like him and his driving style.

He is gonna shake things up a bit later this season or next season once he is more familiar with the tracks and the car.

I say watchout to both Schumacher brothers!! :)

This may shock you all but I also think that JPM has the makings of a champion. He may even have chosen the right team to make a major impact on the series.

Williams are no fools & the BMW is on the way to being the best engine in F1.

I said at the end of the last season that F1 needs a new champion not the MS & MH show over & over.

There are a lot of new young drivers in F1 & the competition for the top spots promises to be veeerrrrry interesting.

yes i was a little surprised when he pased schumie but as montoya said hes nothing special and why should anyone treat him that way. great stuff if your going to be the best you have to earn. i say go montoya show us what youve got!!!!!!!!!! also with the williams in the lead we get to see the camera inside the car whereas schumie never does so we get to see what the leader does i love it!!!!

I think montaya has shown he is more of a man than most on the grid.  As for sportsman, I know a lot that are worse.

what is your problem dichesari. jpm is giving us some long needed and waited excitement. sure ms will beat him but hes saying your ms so prove it mate!!!!!! im bored of the ms parade i want action and people racing i was disappointed when schumie and montoya went off. i was looking forward to a real race. the thing about him is ,hes probably just as arrogant as ms. 2 best drivers on the track means action for me.

I can't imagine what I might have said about the guy (I'm doing a little spot of board reminiscing, by the way) -

But Montoya is absolutely wonderful! The latest influx of new drivers are perhaps the best thing that could happen to F1 racing in the long term - the grid is being dusted, and the dross will be gotten rid of.

Montoya has to be considered a strong challenger for the 2002 title, IF the Williams is up to the job.

He is simply a disgrace. Get back to your bananas and your crazy driving. this is for men and for sportsman

lol, I dont think I ever saw this post before and it made me chuckle, however I disagree, JPM is a breath of fresh air for F1 and I think Schumey will be seeing quite a bit of the words "BMW Power" this season   :D

Rambo is right. That driver is great.Soon to be Champion.

But I hope JV will slug him this year.  ( we need a bit of

action in the paddock...) Remember Montreal 2001 :angry:

Yeah i reckon Juan-Pablo will be a future champion, but i don't think it will happen till Schumi leaves or due to some mis-fortune.  He will become Champion before Ralf will.  I also reckon Heidfeld and Raikonnen will be champions in the future.

Don't like Montoya but he will be champ, he is a very good driver, in an improving (I think, see Driver's comment on FW23) Williams. And I think Raikkonen, Heidfeld and Alonso are also only experience away from being better than RSchu.

I feel that with practice all four of these drivers deserve the Title more than RSchu.

Hear raving about some of these drivers but not much about Alonso (possibally the best driver to ever graced Minardi's shores) Qualified 17th ahead of JV, and 5 (or is it 6) times 18th. IN A MINARDI.

I think jpm is a good driver he lacks f1 practise but this year i think he will ive michael a run for his money. Also alonso is good needs to get into a drive 1,2 position again. Button needs a better car and he can cored points often i fill not enoughto win the title but enough to get into a better team.

fisi is also a very good driver and with a good car could be champ.

GO JORDAN GO WEBBER

I think dichesari meant michael coz yeah michael is no sportsman he is just a cheat