Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

Hamilton Won't Win Title

Hamilton won't win title - Jordan

By Andrew Benson

Hamilton has set F1 on fire with a stunning start to his career

Lewis Hamilton will not win the world title this season despite proving he is an "extraordinary talent", according to ex-Formula One team boss Eddie Jordan.

Hamilton leads the drivers' standings just four races into his debut season, but Jordan doubts whether the Englishman, 22, can remain on top.

"All the indications are bordering on the sensational," said Jordan.

"But the chances of him winning the title are very slim - we are yet to see how he handles things going wrong."

Jordan, who sold his team in 2005 after 14 years in F1, said Hamilton "looks the real deal" but had not yet fully demonstrated whether he had the necessary strength of character or killer instinct to become world champion.

In particular, Jordan wants to know if Hamilton can be as ruthless as Michael Schumacher, who famously clashed on the track with both Jacques Villeneuve and Damon Hill on his way to seven world titles.

"Lewis is fortunate to have a well-grounded team with a structure he probably wouldn't have got anywhere else," said Jordan.

There has to be a steely aspect that we haven't seen, otherwise Hamilton will be swamped

Eddie Jordan

"But if he needed to do what Schumacher did to Villeneuve or Hill, would he do that?

"You need to do that to win. Winning is in the mind, and you have to do it at all costs.

"Anyone who tells you different is either lying or hasn't achieved what they're capable of.

"There has to be a steely aspect that we haven't seen, otherwise Hamilton will be swamped.

"He needs to have that arrogance otherwise he will not succeed. Does Alex Ferguson have it? Yes. Does Jose Mourinho? Yes.

"Winners generally are not nice people. They try to be, but they are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant and have a total belief in their own ability.

"Nothing else matters to them when they are at work."

Jordan, in an interview to publicise the launch of his autobiography, added that Hamilton had re-ignited his interest in F1.

"For the first time in a long time, I'm excited by the start of races," said the Irishman. "I'm caught up in the whole Hamilton thing.

"He's black, he's attractive. Young female viewers are turning on to him because he's rock 'n' roll.

Jordan says the Honda team are letting Jenson Button down

"But be careful, because the media will build him up, and logic tells you it can't continue."

As Hamilton's career blossoms, fellow Englishman Jenson Button has seen his stall.

Jordan insists some of the blame for Button's demise must lie with his team, Honda.

"We all know how powerful the Honda engine is, but someone at Honda has screwed up," said Jordan.

"I'm a little bit critical of that team because they don't have a real racer running the team.

"If I was his manager I would be having a hard and detailed conversation about what their plan is. Any business needs a plan and based on that plan you form a view.

"You need the car first and I'm concerned as to who is designing and putting the car together for that team.

"In some respect, Jenson has to look carefully at his position and how he got into that position.

"He made a costly decision not to stay at Williams. He must feel terribly let down, but he must have seen it happening."

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=206572

First of all I think that he can win the title, no doubt about it he is a rookie in Formula but he has been a champion in other series like GP2 and I think the pressure is the same you want to win and everybody else want to beat you and you got to fight against all of them

There are some good points in this article but my favorite one is the part in bold, look at the way he sees waht MS did to JV and DH and the way he talks about champions's skills there is a lot of people here blaming driver for this kind of conduct at the track but looks like in the end this is what the teams are looking for in a driver.

Eddie is overcomplicating the issue, in my view. Sure, Lewis has not encountered mechanical gremlins yet, but has already displayed his wheel to wheel credentials aswell as fending off Raikkonen, under pressure.

It's easy to predict that he will or he won't win the title. I say he has as good a chance as the other three contenders if he just continues exactly what he's doing.

Eddie is overcomplicating the issue, in my view. Sure, Lewis has not encountered mechanical gremlins yet, but has already displayed his wheel to wheel credentials aswell as fending off Raikkonen, under pressure.

It's easy to predict that he will or he won't win the title. I say he has as good a chance as the other three contenders if he just continues exactly what he's doing.

:thumb:

Quadruple yep. :thumb::thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Quint..

Quinta..

Quintup...

Hell nope! :lol:

It is interesting how most of these arguments are actually racionalizations of everybody's own bias. All that talk about ruthlessness and such is just crap. I don't think you need to be an arrogant cheating pig to win, and I don't think LH has done anything wrong to dismiss his chances for a WDC so easily. On the other side, he hasn't show how will perform under any other condition than a comfortable second or third place (except for the scrap with Massa). All you can say with a certain base on facts is that LH is very talented and that he should be seriously considered as a WDC contender provided he has an able car either this year or in the upcoming seasons. Everything else is, like I said, racionalization of own's bias for or against him.

I think EJ does have a bit of a point, in my opinion you do have to have a ruthless streak (no matter how small) to succeed in this game

However, LH has clearly proved that he has raw talent, pure determination to win & succeed & an extremely level head for one so young - if he keeps his wits about him & keeps driving as cooly as he has been doing & of course has no reliability issues he

I think EJ does have a bit of a point, in my opinion you do have to have a ruthless streak (no matter how small) to succeed in this game

Precisely. But where's EJ's evidence to suggest that he's not?

Quint..

Quinta..

Quintup...

Hell nope! :lol:

It is interesting how most of these arguments are actually racionalizations of everybody's own bias. All that talk about ruthlessness and such is just crap. I don't think you need to be an arrogant cheating pig to win, and I don't think LH has done anything wrong to dismiss his chances for a WDC so easily. On the other side, he hasn't show how will perform under any other condition than a comfortable second or third place (except for the scrap with Massa). All you can say with a certain base on facts is that LH is very talented and that he should be seriously considered as a WDC contender provided he has an able car either this year or in the upcoming seasons. Everything else is, like I said, racionalization of own's bias for or against him.

That doesn't matter at all when assessing his ability to become WDC. At the end of the year they award the WDC to the driver with the most points, not the one that battled through the grid or was a demon in the wet. The latter two might help win fans, but not the WDC. Points. Results. That's about it.

That doesn't matter at all when assessing his ability to become WDC. At the end of the year they award the WDC to the driver with the most points, not the one that battled through the grid or was a demon in the wet. The latter two might help win fans, but not the WDC. Points. Results. That's about it.

you are completely right, and he is having both right now and he have done a better job than everybody else, the WDC will be the most consistent driver throuthout the season, not the one having more wins.

Precisely. But where's EJ's evidence to suggest that he's not?

Yeah.

Oh btw EJ's comments about ruthlessness being associated with genius are nothing new. In fact he's probably been reading my blog here!

But, I would like to see him win a race or two this season, Just to stop few guys ranting. But to be honest there are very few Hamilton haters in this forum. God is being popular!

you are completely right, and he is having both right now and he have done a better job than everybody else, the WDC will be the most consistent driver throuthout the season, not the one having more wins.

and that is what is wrong with the current F1 points system

and that is what is wrong with the current F1 points system

You can see right now that Massa have won 50%(2 out of 4) of the races so far and he is in third position.

But, I would like to see him win a race or two this season, Just to stop few guys ranting. But to be honest there are very few Hamilton haters in this forum. God is being popular!

The way hes going i dont think youll have to wait too long!!!!

As much as i would like to hate him i cant ;)

Yeah.

Oh btw EJ's comments about ruthlessness being associated with genius are nothing new. In fact he's probably been reading my blog here!

Ruthlessness in reference to a great competitive and desire to win mindset, then yes I agree with that, but I don't think it has to be a 'win at all costs' mindset. I also agree with the comment about tremendous self belief.

However, I don't believe it has to be the way EJ is impying it - there are many examples of great sports people who do not have the same character as MS, yet they are still as widely regarded, or even more highly regarded, than MS is/was. I am not even sure if it has to be like that in F1, it wasn't in the past after all. And who's to say that somebody won't come along and be as good as MS and be a nice person too? Just because it hasn't happened in recent years, doesn't mean it will never happen.

Ruthlessness in reference to a great competitive and desire to win mindset, then yes I agree with that, but I don't think it has to be a 'win at all costs' mindset. I also agree with the comment about tremendous self belief.

However, I don't believe it has to be the way EJ is impying it - there are many examples of great sports people who do not have the same character as MS, yet they are still as widely regarded, or even more highly regarded, than MS is/was. I am not even sure if it has to be like that in F1, it wasn't in the past after all. And who's to say that somebody won't come along and be as good as MS and be a nice person too? Just because it hasn't happened in recent years, doesn't mean it will never happen.

Finally somebody else that thinks that way!

Amen to that!

I think arrogence and MS's like personality will come once he wins and when he wins a few WDC's everybody's nice when they are rookies and on a roll.... I do like his character but i fear it won't stay for long...

The way hes going i dont think youll have to wait too long!!!!

As much as i would like to hate him i cant ;)

You are always welcome to join our church! Today being sunday Mike (chief priest) might be drunk. You can still fill the forms and submit it tomorrow, Mike will sign it and I will stamp the forms. From then on you can be an official follower. You will also receive weekly edition of the Lord's achievements, and more updates on how far the religion. Postal charge is free if you are staying in Britan. I guess you are in Spain. Anyways, Ladies do get fair treatment, I will advice Mike not to charge you.

The upcoming weekly edition does feature bonus updates. Like, updates on the Lord's new haircut and the colour of socks he is going to wear for the next race. He also talks about the unbearable smell whenever he stands next to Massa on the podium. He also talks about what happened to Alonso after the race, just after post race interview got over. It seems, Alonso needed an full cylinder of oxygen in Mclaren's motor home because of the unbearable smell coming from Massa during the interview in an enclosed air-conditioned hall . They suspect it must be from Massa's underwear which he hasnt changed for the past one month or more. Stewards did not take any action on this, that is why Pedro and Alonso are fuming. You can read more when you get the copy.

I think arrogence and MS's like personality will come once he wins and when he wins a few WDC's everybody's nice when they are rookies and on a roll.... I do like his character but i fear it won't stay for long...

I don't know why is only Micheal being called arrogant where as there so many drivers who may just scored a point or two, or perhaps one or two wdc titles and yet they behave in a much more arrogant manner.