Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Dc And Newey - The Veteran Cheats Are At It Again

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59258

I suppose I get no apology, as usual...

No;

"As far as we are concerned, the car fully complies with the regulations," he (Horner) told autosport.com at the time.

"No other team or the FIA have mentioned this matter to us, and if the FIA felt there was an issue then I am sure it would have been raised with us. Our car passed post-scrutineering in Spain without a problem."

No;

No surprise there.

"No other team or the FIA have mentioned this matter to us, and if the FIA felt there was an issue then I am sure it would have been raised with us. Our car passed post-scrutineering in Spain without a problem."

Because they cleverly engineered the wing to pass the FIA test. That doesn't mean it was not a blatant violation of the no flexible aero devices rule, but the way the FIA have chosen to punish it is this, to specify new test when needed. They're just continuing with that.

The FIA's immediate clampdown on flexi wings in Formula One should bring an end to the latest controversy about teams exploiting moveable aerodynamic devices.

That is the view of team boss Frank Williams, who thinks that the FIA's move to toughen up the load tests on rear wings is the perfect response to the latest saga.

Williams told this week's Autosport: "To his credit (FIA technical delegate) Charlie Whiting has come down pretty hard on the matter.

"He's clearly understood what teams are doing to their bodywork and when people start taking it too far."

Toyota's Pascal Vasselon said: "The Red Bull wing was stupid because it was so visible. It was very nicely engineered because it passed the FIA test but you simply cannot get away with something that is so visible."

I suppose flexi wings have affected their flexi brains too...