Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Monaco Weather Forecast: Its Rain!

in that case raikonen and alonso wont win. they can barely race on the new tyres normally, let alone in the rain!!!! I hope Hamilton wins

so they can barely race on the new tyres...aha...2 out of 4... :eusa_think: and also,remember Hungary '06? :eusa_think:

:banana_new: <---how cool is this guy??

yeah!!!!!!!!!!finally someone like me! :lol:

edit:I was referring to Jez,not to the banana! :P

I'd love a wet qualifying but a dry race, that would be... interesting.

He doesn't need the rain to do that, apparently...

Ten Hail Hammies for you and may Hammy have mercy on your soul. Amen.

I would like to see how Hamilton (tries to) cope with all the oversteer he enjoys in these bloody narrow streets.

I would LOVE to see the word "BRRIIIGGGEEESSSTTTTOOOOOOENBKSEZSLJRHGZLSER" on the side of the tyre where he's smudged it badly by just touching the walls on the way out of turns.

How does the "Each tyre compound" rule work in the rain? Are there two wet weather compounds, or do the drivers have to use the dries no matter what? Or, again, is it just 2 different compounds throughout the race distance? I really have no idea! :D

Let there be rain!

He doesn't need the rain to do that, apparently...

Yes he doesn't....

Hey i told you the future..... now bow down to me and we shall quell this rebellion.....

I would like to see how Hamilton (tries to) cope with all the oversteer he enjoys in these bloody narrow streets.

I would LOVE to see the word "BRRIIIGGGEEESSSTTTTOOOOOOENBKSEZSLJRHGZLSER" on the side of the tyre where he's smudged it badly by just touching the walls on the way out of turns.

How does the "Each tyre compound" rule work in the rain? Are there two wet weather compounds, or do the drivers have to use the dries no matter what? Or, again, is it just 2 different compounds throughout the race distance? I really have no idea! :D

Let there be rain!

For every pure apostle of Hamilton, there will be a Legion of demons waiting to be sent into swine.

If there is rain, Alonso walks away with this one without breaking a sweat... If in doubt, just review the tape from Hungary 06 for the most dominating display of driving skills in the wet in recent history... Shame the mechanic had to give it away to Button for his only lucky win thus far in his career...

If there is rain, Alonso walks away with this one without breaking a sweat...

Yeah, until one of the n00b backmarkers collects him halfway through the race.

1st time I'll see a wet Monaco GP! I know how dangerous it is in very hot conditions & it'll go extreme in the wet :D:D:D !

If there is rain, Alonso walks away with this one without breaking a sweat... If in doubt, just review the tape from Hungary 06 for the most dominating display of driving skills in the wet in recent history... Shame the mechanic had to give it away to Button for his only lucky win thus far in his career...

No, look at BUTTON'S performance in Hungary 06 for a demonstration of exemplary wet-weather driving. And JB was going a lot faster than Alonso so get your facts straight and dont ever say my boy's win was a lucky one!

No, look at BUTTON'S performance in Hungary 06 for a demonstration of exemplary wet-weather driving. And JB was going a lot faster than Alonso so get your facts straight and dont ever say my boy's win was a lucky one!

Don't worry yourself, they are clearly a biased Alonso fan, oh wait...

;)

Don't worry yourself, they are clearly a biased Alonso fan, oh wait...

Im not a bias Alonso fan and i believe that Button's victory was lucky at best.

yes but i've already had the argument with you, and I feel I argued my case very well, as you didnt really have any valid argument except for the fact that JB benefited from Alonso's wheel problem

Anyway you are biased cos you never give Button any credit for anything ever!

I think you missed the point that it was a joke comment...

yes but i've already had the argument with you, and I feel I argued my case very well, as you didnt really have any valid argument except for the fact that JB benefited from Alonso's wheel problem

And the fact that the Bridgestone tyres were extremely uncompetitive.

Anyway you are biased cos you never give Button any credit for anything ever!

I dont know what your talking about. I give Button all the credit he deserves. In fact i think im abit to nice to him :D

I think there is indeed considerable irony in calling someone who had an engine blow up the day before lucky. Rubens was the lucky one but he failed to act on it.

yes JB started 14th, overtook almost everyone including Schuey, Massa, and Fisi (who was on MICHELINS), caught Alonso, anyone who says it is lucky is either just a Button-hater or just a bit dim

Well, good luck to him, because if he does it will be the first time.

yes JB started 14th, overtook almost everyone including Schuey, Massa, and Fisi (who was on MICHELINS), caught Alonso, anyone who says it is lucky is either just a Button-hater or just a bit dim

All the Bridgestone runers could not win that race. Fisi was the only Michelin driver which made a mistake and should have done better. Im perfectly willing to admitt that Coulthard coming 3rd at last years Monaco event was rather lucky but for some reason you refuse to admitt that Button's win at Hungary last year was lucky.

All the Bridgestone runers could not win that race. Fisi was the only Michelin driver which made a mistake and should have done better. Im perfectly willing to admitt that Coulthard coming 3rd at last years Monaco event was rather lucky but for some reason you refuse to admitt that Button's win at Hungary last year was lucky.

I don't think there is ever anything lucky about winning in the wet.

Because DC benefited from a lot of retirements, including his own team-mate.

Button actually stormed the field, overtaking left right and centre, right up to the leader. None of other michelin runners looked as good except alonso, and also possibly Heidfeld who also did very well.

Yes Bridgestone struggled at Hungary but there were a lot of other michelin runners out there, and they were nowhere near as impressive as Jenson. Why cant you see the blindingly obvious

Because DC benefited from a lot of retirements, including his own team-mate.

Button actually stormed the field, overtaking left right and centre, right up to the leader. None of other michelin runners looked as good except alonso, and also possibly Heidfeld who also did very well.

Yes Bridgestone struggled at Hungary but there were a lot of other michelin runners out there, and they were nowhere near as impressive as Jenson. Why cant you see the blindingly obvious

His charged thru the field was quite mercurial, he would've won the race even with Alonso in the race at that time....

EDIT* <bold type>

For a whole season five sets of wet-weather and four sets of extreme-weather tyres can be used.

Dont know exactly if there any changes !

I've never seen a rainy Monaco race before, I hope it is rain, as it seems to be causing havoc atm .

That's because he was not lucky.

How can you say someone who had an engine failure was lucky?

The fact that he had got to where he was on the grid was not through luck, he fought his way there, others made mistakes but he was consistant AND faster than Alonso before Alonso's problem. Fisi was not the only Michelin driver to make a mistake, Rubens tyre choice? I fail to see how you can say someone else fails to admit something when you fail to remember the basics.

I have a feeling that had Michael been Alonso, and during practice brake tested and weaved into another driver and that Alonso had been the one to have the engine failure and be demoted due to this there would be no cry of luck. This is F1 not bingo, not the lottery or "Deal or No Deal".

When a driver doesn't put a foot wrong all weekend, that is not luck, that is skill. I'm sorry if you fail to acknowledge the difference in this occasion, but that is how it is. Button won a brilliant race in the rain that many still remember, past the first wins of all those that simply drive into the distance, he fought for it. Despite being demoted due to no fault of his own, he stayed motivated and drove what could be the best race of his career.