Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Monaco Weather Forecast: Its Rain!

60% chance, to be precise. A wet monaco could mean carnage and very odd result. Here's Massa's thoughts:

Massa predicts chaotic Monaco

Wednesday, 23, May, 2007, 14:13

Felipe Massa says that the revised tyre rules and the possibility of rain make this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix more unpredictable than ever.

If forecasts of race day rain prove accurate, it would be the first wet Monte Carlo race in ten years.

"I have seen the weather forecast for the weekend and unbelievably, they say there is a chance of rain," Massa said.

"Believe it or not, if it does rain, it will be a completely new experience for me, as I have never driven this track in the wet.

"But when it rains, it rains on everyone!

"Of course, Monaco is the sort of track where it is just not permitted to make a mistake and rain always increases the possibility of a mistake.

"It could make things even more of a lottery than usual, as will the new rules regarding having to use both types of tyre."

A difference in performance between the two tyre compounds is expected this weekend as Bridgestone introduces its 'super soft' tyres for the first time.

Drivers must spend at least one stint on each type of tyre, and Massa fears that a safety car period could throw these strategies into chaos.

The safety car has been required in each of the last four Monaco GPs.

"If there is a safety car period, depending on what tyre you are on, it will either help you or go against you," he said.

"But in a lottery, it is also important to have a bit of luck, so hopefully everything will work out for us this weekend."

The super softs are still an unknown quantity for Massa, who did not get a decent run on them in last week's Paul Ricard test.

"The tyre situation was not so easy to deal with, because over the two days I was testing, I had just a couple of sets of what Bridgestone is calling the 'super-soft' and I was unlucky to be caught out in traffic on my first lap on these tyres," he said.

"This was a shame, as it meant I could not exploit them properly.

"But we know this tyre is quicker than the other one, so it is not a big problem."

in that case raikonen and alonso wont win. they can barely race on the new tyres normally, let alone in the rain!!!! I hope Hamilton wins

There's rain predicted before 80% of races nowadays....

I expect guys like Button, Hammy and even Sato do well in the rain.

Hmmm...Rain. Massa's hopes will be dashed, Alonso and Kimi will be boosted and Hammy is an unknown for most. We of the Church of Hamilton know that our boy-god loves the wet as much as he loves the dry. I quote now from the book of First Lamentations of the Other Drivers:

"Hammy shall smiteth the grid with a mighty foot. He shall pedal-dance his way unto the lead and shall glideth over the wet as well as the dry."

Amen.

Hmmm...Rain. Massa's hopes will be dashed, Alonso and Kimi will be boosted and Hammy is an unknown for most. We of the Church of Hamilton know that our boy-god loves the wet as much as he loves the dry. I quote now from the book of First Lamentations of the Other Drivers:

"Hammy shall smiteth the grid with a mighty foot. He shall pedal-dance his way unto the lead and shall glideth over the wet as well as the dry."

Amen.

[...] And Mike saw unto the podium, and He saw that it was good.

Amen.

Amen! :clap3::clap3:

You've just killed the chances of rain Jem. Every single time i made a rain thread last year when the weather forecast said it was going to rain the enitire Grand Prix ended up being bone dry.

that last rain race in Monaco was a gem. One for the ages, Michael 4.5 seconds a lap faster than any other driver on track

The weather forecast always says it is going to rain, but how many time did it rain at last? <_<

Yes, please rain!! Maybe Webber can get a podium this time while the other cars play pinball off each other.

:banana_new: <---how cool is this guy??

Amen.

"Hammy"... hmmm, is that for "Ham" as in "full of himself" or "Hamster" as in running very fast in circles ???

I hate to jinx it (but i will :P ) but the weather forcast ive seen says there will be thunderstorms on Saturday and light rain on Sunday.

Might as well throw darts at a board for my PPP... :unsure:

Amen.

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap3:

All hail the boy-god!

Amen.

:clap3:

My the rain make Spain's hopes go down the drain. May the hope of sky fluids be kind to our Lewis.

Sky fluids? *dribbler continues to search for thesaurus*.

You've just killed the chances of rain Jem. Every single time i made a rain thread last year when the weather forecast said it was going to rain the enitire Grand Prix ended up being bone dry.

yes but mine is actually from reliable sources, not the dodgy website you go to!!

I hope it does rain, as it should give JB a good advantage. I also think Alonso would be very strong, and Massa will last about 2 laps if he's lucky

Monaco: Thursday weather update

24 May, 2007

W

elcome back to Monaco for the opening day of track action here on the streets of the Principality. As earlier forecast, today's weather will be warm and summery, with temperatures reaching 27

Hammy will crash due to the rain

He doesn't need the rain to do that, apparently...