Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Takuma Sato Brings His Mini To Media Day At Monaco

:lmavfa: Yeah, and embarrassment, in F1 this year! Didn't know that about Toyota. Someone was telling me these hybrid cars aren't that green, but then I wasn't entirely convinced at the time... Anyway, at least they're doing something.

:lmavfa: Yeah, and embarrassment, in F1 this year! Didn't know that about Toyota. Someone was telling me these hybrid cars aren't that green, but then I wasn't entirely convinced at the time... Anyway, at least they're doing something.

Well, the whole 'green' idea is a large scam anyway, but for those that believe it, Toyota are ahead of Honda...

Well, the whole 'green' idea is a large scam anyway, but for those that believe it, Toyota are ahead of Honda...

Hybrid cars are actually less "green" than the usual ones.To start with they are usually equipped with rather small engines which is fine for city driving but end up hungrier or the real road.Also there is the good old "used/useless/disabled battery" issue.In 10 years maximum those batteries will need to be replaced and the big problem will be the disposal of the old ones.Used batteries contaminate the environment heavily with toxic materials.Toyota hasn't really made any recent innovations on this issue.Honda is the one that keeps on researching and developing.The Accord V6 can turn of half its cylinders when they are not needed and the car is cruising in a steady speed and few weeks ago they presented the FCX which is a real revolution in "green" automobiles.

http://world.honda.com/FuelCell/FCX/

:secret: drives a Honda!!!! :lol:

Hybrid cars are actually less "green" than the usual ones.To start with they are usually equipped with rather small engines which is fine for city driving but end up hungrier or the real road.Also there is the good old "used/useless/disabled battery" issue.In 10 years maximum those batteries will need to be replaced and the big problem will be the disposal of the old ones.Used batteries contaminate the environment heavily with toxic materials.Toyota hasn't really made any recent innovations on this issue.Honda is the one that keeps on researching and developing.The Accord V6 can turn of half its cylinders when they are not needed and the car is cruising in a steady speed and few weeks ago they presented the FCX which is a real revolution in "green" automobiles.

http://world.honda.com/FuelCell/FCX/

:secret: drives a Honda!!!! :lol:

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT! I'm glad someone else has seen through the waterfall of BS the non-Euro car companies are putting out. The only reason some of the Euro makers are putting out the gasoline-electric hybrids only recently is because the US offers a lot of incentives and tax breaks on the hybrids that diesels do not get. That and the hybrids are "hip" and trendy, and how the shallow, existential pr1cks who buy and drive them communicate to everyone else how eco-minded they are. The other thing about hybrids is they hardly ever attain the reated/advertised mileage because you have to drive as if there is an egg under the throttle pedal. If one does attain advertised mileage, one would also have to drive the car for 15 years to make up the added price premium over the a diesel car. Hydrogen cars aren't any better, the most prolific current source for hydrogen is FOSSIL FUELS such as coal. Until electrohydrolysis using solar, geothermal, or wind energy is made feasible/popular, hydrogen cars will not be "green" either. Don't let the marketers and politicians pull the wool over your eyes.