Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Schumacher And Senna Comparison

Here is a video with a direct compariosn between Senna and Schumacher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrpYIq0NbFM

The sad thing is that Senna's car appears to be just as fast as Schumacher's car which is alot newer. I blame Bernie Ecclestone, Max Mosley and the FIA.

For what ?

Slowing formula 1 cars down.

Yes, they try to slow them down, but with technology the way it is, they catch-up in no time.

Slowing formula 1 cars down.

Senna's best time at Monaco ever was ~ 1:20, wereas today we had 1:15.726. The fastest F1 cars were in 2004.

So yeah it suck to slow them down.

So bring back the wide cars, big wings, slick tyres, active suspensions and V10s and get the speed up there. Oh, and dump these winglets, horns, ears.

That video was posted over at the SPEEDTV forums that I read. They posted the following explanations:

1) That could've been a major balls-out last-gasp pole lap for Senna, and a slow, crappy, pointless lap for Schumacher.

2) It could've been edited to look like Senna kept up, but really they just showed them going through the same turns at once for line comparison.

I'm getting tired of debating what we should change, I think we all know now. Every F1 fan wants the same thing. Unfortunately, the FIA does not. Obviously, they aren't going to listen to us, so maybe we should stop whining and enjoy what we have, and if you can't, go watch something else.

-Eric

Senna's best time at Monaco ever was ~ 1:20, wereas today we had 1:15.726. The fastest F1 cars were in 2004.

So bring back the wide cars, big wings, slick tyres, active suspensions and V10s and get the speed up there. Oh, and dump these winglets, horns, ears.

You keep saying the same thing DOF but most, if not all, of us want faster F1 cars so there'll be more action, excitement & retirements!

Well I want that too. That was just my proposed solution.

The V10s will bring more power thus more speed.

Equally an aerodynamics based on say big wings + ground effects will reduce drag thus improve speeds.

Actually i kinda like the horns on the Mclaren and bmw... but i agree with u about other things :thbup:

Actually i kinda like the horns on the Mclaren and bmw... but i agree with u about other things :thbup:

Yeah I kind of like those horns myself.

I just don't like comparing them. They're both amazing drivers, but drove on different 'eras', that's it. Both were important to the F1 history and will always have fans ;)