Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

jags got the speed

on the 19/2/04 at Velencia Spain Mark Webber went 2nd fastest setting a time of 1.09.096sec only 0.101sec off that of the fastest man of the day Kimi Raikkonen. wile the day befour Klien sat the 3rd fastest time of the day a 1.09.514sec. Webbers time was faster than both williams, 1 Mclaren, 3 BAR's, 2 toyota's and his team mate, who i think was not trying to do a fast run

is it realiable...and are they just running light to set fast times...like arrows and co used to?

is it realiable...and are they just running light to set fast times...like arrows and co used to?

i dont know u whould have to ask Jagger

Think you will find that Jag did the most laps over the testing with no major problems.As for the quick times well i can't really tell you that, but i think we will do better than last year!!

the way you just said that Jagger makes it sound like they were running light. and if they were running light 2nd is not good enouf to beat BAR. but you said we will do better than last year so maby there was still fule left in the car and the fact that both drivers did more than 100 laps shows that there might of been fule left in the car.

The facts of testing are often misleading take into account the following

1. We simply dont know when the fastest lap was recorded, was it during a 5 lap run or a 50 lap run??

2. What tyres we on the car at that stage, were they super soft sticky ones or was in the lap lap of the day when the track was very grippy with a lot of rubber down on the circuit??

3.What was the traffic like at the time, did he perhaps get a drafting tow down the long straight from another car??

Testing is just that, testing components,tyres and setups that may make the car very quick, but will never get to see in race trim for various reasons..realiability, poor strength, too costly to produce in bulk etc.

Let's see what the Jag is like in race trim, as last year it was fantastic in qualifying and then heart breaking in the race.

Go Mark !!

Also there are no scruteneering at tests so cars could be underweight. For example some cars had almost 100kg ballast last year, losing 1/6th of the cars weight is bound to make some difference.

Also there are no scruteneering at tests so cars could be underweight.  For example some cars had almost 100kg ballast last year, losing 1/6th of the cars weight is bound to make some difference.

yea just a bit only about 1 or 2sec.

and in most of the racers were Mark qualifyed good than hade a bad race, it was due to the tyers going off or because they just had soft tyers to start off with

8)

You're right to say that tests are just that tests.

Everyone is testing different things and we never know what.

Jag was running at the correct weight and not running on vapours but can't speak about B.A.R.

Everyone seems to be ignoring Sauber and Toyota which is a bit odd as i think they will be constantly in the points!!!!

Not so sure about Sauber as they will continue to be a middle order team unless Fisi can pull off the extraordinary.

I think Toyota will come on strong in the next few year, not sure about Panis, I think he is getting a bit past it. Maybe a young gun at Toyota will give them a boost. In some of the on-board shots last year, Christiano had some great overtaking opps, but chose to stay behind, need a bit more aggression!!

Jaguar seem to have sorted out their earlier problems if Valencia test times are anything to go by. They've started slowly but are gaining momentum and closed to within .4 of the Williams. Now like everyone else said, we can't tell how true their form is, but like I've said before, the bulls##t stops when the flag in Melbourne drops. Sauber also look to have made improvements, but so they should with what is a blue F2003-GA. :lol:

shaun

jagger if u do go to the test then you should be able to tell us if the BAR came straight in after it did its fast lap/lap's.

but the time Mark set has told us one thing and that is that the jag has come a far way since it broke down on its 1st lap on launch day

I noticed that Mark Webber touched down in OZ today, so he should be nice and refreshed come Sunday week...Go Aussie...GO!!

I really can’t see Mark Webber doing anything particularly special in a Jaguar in the state they exist at the moment. Never mind, he’ll beat his new rookie teammate, everyone will think he’s great and then next year he’s off to Renault anyway!

Alastair, I agree I think they have made improvements over the R4, but them again so have everyone else in the field, it is hard to see how they will go as its a constant moving target, roll on Melbourne!!

I have made it , whoooo hoooooooo

Now i am in the big league, wheres my big pay cheque!!!!

8) 8) 8)