Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Hamilton: "it Is Something I Have To Live With. I've Number Two On My Car And I Am The Number Two Driver"

Some people i fear, are a terrible judge of character. Lewis is humble and mature.

Austria '02 was a day when Rubens was faster than Michael and deserved to finish ahead. Monaco '06 appears to be telling a similar story but hiding behind the fact that there was not such a blatant manipulation.

My head wouldn't be able to fit through the door if I had the success that he has enjoyed so far.

:lol: I'd like to think I'd be as mature about it as Hami is, but I'd my ego would be out of control in his position!

Yeah I honestly don't think I'd have too much trouble staying humble if I were as good as Lewis. The difficulty is doing it when you're as awesome as I am.

:lol: Oops, I double posted. I may as well add this guy- :banana_new: With such good moves, I dont know why the poor fella always misses out.

OK guys, I swear I am not making this up, but if anyone In India were watching the Star Sports coverage of the last race in this region will be able to agree with me. After the race they showed Sr. Hamilton walking towards the grand stands looking down and not smiling unlike how he used to do after previous races, and they showed a Mclaren engineer taping his from back, Hamilton SR barely smiling at him, at first I was thinking that he was bored of watching his son taking the second spot, but later I came to understand what it could have been.

Read this:

Hamilton `ranted and raved` at McLaren

Tuesday 29th May 2007

Fantasy F1 - Win a trip to Monaco!

It's not too late, point scoring starts at the Bahrain GP. Click here.

Lewis Hamilton reportedly ranted and raved over the McLaren team radio after being told to hold station behind team-mate Fernando Alonso during Sunday's Monaco GP and only agreed to slow down after the personal intervention of Ron Dennis.

The admission of the McLaren team principal that he had asked his drivers to 'cool it' has prompted the FIA to launch an investigation into their victory for a "possible breach of the International Sporting Code."

According to The Daily Mail, Hamilton 'vented his frustration' at being denied the opportunity to push for victory 'by ranting at his race engineer Phil Prew.'

'Dennis was forced to step in over the in-car radio and speak to his protege directly,' the newspaper claims. 'It was only then that rookie Hamilton, who made his views clear with several high-speed laps, finally relented and abided by his boss's demand that he should settle for second place.'

"Lewis was very angry. He turned the air blue when he was told to take it easy," a 'paddock insider' claimed.

Link:

http://totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=208640

But to be honest I dont think Hamiltons can do anything about it, they are literally slaves of Mclarens for now, all they can do for now is to be positive and try and pretend to be thankful to Ron the Don for bringing them up here. :unsure:

I can see where Ron is coming from. His cars are 1-2, this is MONACO where passing is almost impossible, its just not worth the risk. As Ron said, he will let them race every circuit but at monaco its too dangerous. He also rightly said that he'd look like a complete idiot if his cars crashed into each other as a result of racing hard instead of taking a 1-2 finish.

Lets see what FIA say. But Ron's order to 'take it easy' to Hamilton is a lot different to Todt saying to Barrichello 'get the hell out of Michael's way, he's going to win, not you'

In the heat of racing, Hami probably got a little hot headed about the whole issue, but I reckon looking back a day or two later, he'll appreciate Ron's point of view. I reckon Jemstride's hit the nail on the head. This whole team order thing has been way overblown.

I can see where Ron is coming from. His cars are 1-2, this is MONACO where passing is almost impossible, its just not worth the risk. As Ron said, he will let them race every circuit but at monaco its too dangerous. He also rightly said that he'd look like a complete idiot if his cars crashed into each other as a result of racing hard instead of taking a 1-2 finish.

Lets see what FIA say. But Ron's order to 'take it easy' to Hamilton is a lot different to Todt saying to Barrichello 'get the hell out of Michael's way, he's going to win, not you'

To be honest, your point of view may be right, I am not concluding anything until the end of the season. Hamilton will fight back HARD, REALLY HARD. Its going to hurt a lot for so called top drivers! Wait and see.

What hope did Hamilton have of overtaking Alonso anyway at Monaco? It would have ended in tears for both drivers and for the team as only a truly suicidal passing move would have had any chance of succeeding given two equal cars and a hugely determined race leader. I think people forget that Alonso is not double world champion for nothing. Any attempt by Hamilton to pass would have been countered deftly and with precision by the Spaniard. As good as Hamilton is, and despite the wishes and dreams of all his fans, sometimes the team needs to come first, especially at a race like Monaco where a rash and misjudged move can put two cars into the barriers . Hamilton has enormous talent and he will have many a chance to prove himself. Monaco 2007 was just not that moment.

Do you just believe everything moRon says? Why was Lewis' strategy set up from the start to finish behind Alonso? What was the problem with Lewis getting past during the pit stops that he had to be brought in twice?

What hope did Hamilton have of overtaking Alonso anyway at Monaco? It would have ended in tears for both drivers and for the team as only a truly suicidal passing move would have had any chance of succeeding given two equal cars and a hugely determined race leader. I think people forget that Alonso is not double world champion for nothing. Any attempt by Hamilton to pass would have been countered deftly and with precision by the Spaniard. As good as Hamilton is, and despite the wishes and dreams of all his fans, sometimes the team needs to come first, especially at a race like Monaco where a rash and misjudged move can put two cars into the barriers . Hamilton has enormous talent and he will have many a chance to prove himself. Monaco 2007 was just not that moment.

Why did they call Lewis three laps earlier into pits? Why did they take a slight long time(compared to Alonso) to change four tyres and refuel Lewis even though Lewis had more fuel on board?

its over and done with. please leave it alone now. hamilton will win the WC and i think Ron Denniss just wanted them to be even more competitive next race, if they r on the saem points.

Why did they call Lewis three laps earlier into pits? Why did they take a slight long time(compared to Alonso) to change four tyres and refuel Lewis even though Lewis had more fuel on board?

That accounts for a lousy race strategy. Barrichello got plenty of those at Ferrari. :P Everybody was counting on a SC before the end of the race, which would have gotten LH on first place. If that had worked, and Alonso would be the one told to "take it easy" and let Lewis win, would you all been talking about this???

As for the pitstop taking longer, Lewis asked for some pressure to be taken out of his rear tires.

I agree with Jem. If it weren't for Ron's stupid comments, there would be no story. Hamilton pressed hard, he could never have passed Alonso. We are talking about a race were Bernoldi held up Coulthard for 30 laps. Alonso and Hamilton had a battle of best laps and frankly, I didn't see Hamilton close to winning it.

If there were team orders, go ahead and penalize them for being so idiotic. But this is far from being a race in which the guy that deserve to win has lost it due to team orders (as A1 ring 2002)

I agree about the team orders part and their punishment. I don't agree about the anti-Alonso whining and ranting.

I don't agree about the anti-Alonso whining and ranting.

The Quiet One... Alonso would've been beaten again, by a rookie........ if team orders did'nt prevail. The aggregate now shows a false indication:P

Because they're not robots. You would of thought every race was fixed back in the 90's, if thats the kind of thing you think proves it. If that radio call to settle down came before his pit stop, that would also explain why he came in early. Ron probably thought he'd bin it trying to win it, in frustration. In all fairness he did look close to doing it a few times, even at the end of the race when they weren't going that quick.

The kid has an ego, if he is going to blow up like that at his race engineer. What kind of idiot team would let their drivers fight the whole way around Monaco, when they just about lapped everyone else? It'd be a ridiculous move and everyone would be laughing at them had one or both of them crashed doing that.

Do you just believe everything moRon says? Why was Lewis' strategy set up from the start to finish behind Alonso? What was the problem with Lewis getting past during the pit stops that he had to be brought in twice?

Ron says that Hamilton's first stop was brought forward as there was a possibility of a safety car being deployed at that time of the race.

Trouble is there isnt enough evidence to prove that he's lying (if he is lying). Also, no-one outside mclaren knows what really goes on, so none of us can really prove anything. Alonso was on pole and may have even demanded that Mclaren ensure that he win the race, as he had got himself into a position to do so.

We DO know that Alonso asked the team during the race to tell Hamilton to back off (ITV's pitlane man Ted reported this in the race), but I think that was after the first stop anyway. Mind you Alonso has shown in the past that he doesnt feel he should have to race his own team-mate

Ron says that Hamilton's first stop was brought forward as there was a possibility of a safety car being deployed at that time of the race.

The possibility was exactly the same as before the race. If that possibility existed, why was he fuelled up in the first place?

Alonso was on pole and may have even demanded that Mclaren ensure that he win the race, as he had got himself into a position to do so.

With moRon emptying a supertanker into Lewis' car, if Alonso hadn't got pole he should have gone back to Minardi. In Chumpcar.

With moRon emptying a supertanker into Lewis' car, if Alonso hadn't got pole he should have gone back to Minardi. In Chumpcar.

i thought Hamilton was only 4 laps heavier?

how come no one seems to have taken notice of the fact that alonso was ALSO TOLD TO SLOW DOWN. hamilton seemed faster because he disobeyed orders and went as fast as he could while alonso went slower as he was told. people dont realize this and think that hamilton was a lot faster. that is not true, alonso showed he was just as fast as hamilton, if not faster, by setting the fastest lap. and u guys all make it seem like hamilton would have passed alonso if ron let them race. at most he was 1-2 tenths faster than alonso at certain stages, how do u think he could pass on monaco? even on a normal track it's near impossible to pass when u're only 1-2 tenths faster but this is monaco.

there was no way he could have passed alonso during the pitstops, even if he was 5 laps longer (more like 3 cuz alonso conserved 2 laps fuel), he was like 10 seconds behind alonso, so even if he was faster than alonso by 2 seconds a lap on the in laps (no point in the race was he 2 seconds a lap faster), he would not have passed alonso at the pitstops.

lewis was brilliant in this race but he lost pole and alonso at the very least, matched hamilton in the race so i dont see why everyone thinks alonso would have lost. i also dont see why they are investigating the team...alonso was leading, in austria barichello was leading and was forced to move over from the lead. this situation is different. mclaren lapped the whole field and was 69 secs ahead of massa, it's common sense that ron told them to take it easy, not only to avoid an accident but also to preserve the car since the engine has to go one more race. ferrari, and renault have done this before as well so i dont see whats the big deal. last year there was a race where it was reported that alonso was held from using his top 500rpm's because he was in the lead and wanted to preserve his engine. then at turkey, he was running low revs for all laps except during the 4 high speed turns. it's just smart driving to preserve the tyres and the car. ron and mclaren did nothing wrong hamilton is just mad he lost pole.

Hamilton said: "It is something I have to live with. I've number two on my car and I am the number two driver."

You little w@nker, Alonso gave you a hiding!!!

During both qualifying & the first two stints of the race every Hamilton charge was met and bettered by a untouchable Alonso charge!

Yes live with it F%$ker!

[quote name='Wez' post='197139' date='May 30 2007, 01:16 AM']You little w@nker, Alonso gave you a hiding!!!
During both qualifying & the first two stints of the race every Hamilton charge was met and bettered by a untouchable Alonso charge!
Yes live with it F%$ker![/quote]

18 of the 20 fastest laps were Alonso's, but of course Hamilton was going to win without being told to cool down :lol: (Atleast thats what I saw elsewhere)

IIRC Alonso was some 12 seconds ahead before the last stop, and Hamilton came out like 3 second sbehind him... I wonder if alonso was cruising? :rolleyes: