Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Hamilton: "it Is Something I Have To Live With. I've Number Two On My Car And I Am The Number Two Driver"

Pump has it right.

Thanks.

Actually, Andres, I don't disagree with the outcome as such, as I think Alonso just about had the measure of Lewis - I am sure I have already mentioned this once or thrice! :lol:

All it did really was cast a very tiny doubt in my mind regarding the result and confirmed that Ron Dennis is as hypocritical as I always thought he was.

Yup, you are right. My bad!

Here is David Coulthard's opinion on the matter:

A major talking point after the Monaco Grand Prix was the issue of team orders.

Personally I think they are inevitable. You can pretend they don't exist, but in reality they are part and parcel of operating a grand prix team.

From the moment you get involved in a motorised sport with two competing drivers in the same team, you have to accept that at certain points there will be instructions or decisions that benefit one over the other.

Was it fair on Lewis to ask him to back off in Monaco?

My answer is, what's fair? He has been given an opportunity to drive for one of the most successful teams in F1 which typically hasn't taken guys without experience before.

They could have farmed Lewis out to another team, where he would be doing a good job because he is a good driver, but where he wouldn't be making anywhere like the same impact he is now.

McLaren is helping Lewis create the foundations of his future success, fame and fortune. So I don't think you can say they're not being fair.

The point is that Fernando was on pole and he led the race.

People were surmising that, had the instruction to back off not come, then maybe Lewis could have reversed his position. But that is very tall order around Monaco.

The British media clearly felt Lewis had been hard done by.

But I would say to them, don't be hard on McLaren because they have given Lewis the opportunity. They have given the media a potential British world champion this year.

So don't turn around and make McLaren out to be the big bad racing team screwing the nice British driver.

If the media wants to give Lewis the time to grow as a grand prix driver

Interesting words from DC...he's apparently cooled off some since he was sitting in Hamilton's place...

EDIT: Also, that sounds like good advice for Hamilton.....if he wants to be #2 like DC was.