Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J_Newtown_V

Toyota On Driver Hunt

Glad to be back in the forums.

Ralf Schumacher is having a terrible season. I believe what Toyota needs and has always needed is a type of veteran driver who would know how to manage the technical aspect as well as testing improvements. Some such drivers do exist: David Coulthard, Alexander Wurz, Pedro De La Rosa. However these drivers are all signed up for the present and the future with their respective teams.

Now let me add the name of Jacques Villeneuve to that list of drivers, he however is not involved with any team in the moment and his sabatical includes time at home but also testing for the Peugeot Team in the Le Mans series. While he may not be able to win the championship anymore, JV could nevertheless fine-tune the car. I believe he could do a better job than Trulli, Nick Heidfeld and certainly Ralf.

A brief summary: BAR-HONDA: Several disastrous seasons. JV improves car and as it reaches optimal point in season, they finish

2nd in Championship.

RENAULT-F1: JV returns for 3 races in replacement of J.Trulli. Following season: RENAULT has top-notch car and

wins 1st Championship for Alonso.

Sauber Petronas: Struggles in early going, but out-duals teammate Massa in second half of season.

BMW-Sauber: Clearly outduels NHeidfeld, helps car improvement, replaced by Kubica at mid-season.

BMW F1: Car settings top-notch, the BAR-HONDA scenario repeats itself.

Again, JV may not be a Champion again, but he certainly can help a team, a team like TOYOTA would need his help. They should sign him or else retire from the F1 Championship. Its a disgrace.

Ted's view on the F1 world, from his view! I'm Ted Bird, CHOM Sports.

I'm sorry to say that JV's time in F1 has come to a complete end, I doubt that he would be on the radar of any top team. You highlight where JV has driven and then left only to see an upturn in the teams performance but there are alot of other factors that need to be taken in account and the driver is just one of those many factors.

JV return to F1? How could he do that to the fans of his music?

:lol::lol::lol:

JV's 3 races with Renault helped them become 2005 champions - what a joke. You seriously need to come back to reality.

JV's career is over, he had a fairly respectable 2005 season (and first half of 2006) but I cant see what JV would bring to Toyota that Ralf & Jarno dont already bring.

JV is the past, Toyota need to look to the future

JV return to F1? How could he do that to the fans of his music?

:roll::rofl:

If his 3 races helped Renault win the championship,then Ide's (insert the number of races)races have helped Super Aguri improve!

This will be his 3rd time returning to F1! Villeneuve & his fans should just forget about the idea of him coming back to F1!