Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J_Newtown_V

Who Is Best Suited To Help Toyota Regain Credibility?

Who is best suited to help Toyota regain credibility?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is best suited to help Toyota regain credibility?

• Nick Heidfeld
    • Frank Montagny
    • Ralf Schumacher
    • Jacques Villeneuve
    • Other

God, but only if he tries very hard and has lots of luck. (Oh, plus the tiny detail of his actual existence for us atheists) :P

Liuzzi=God so I guess you agree with me :P

Yup. He'd do better then Ralf!! ^_^

Fettel kid. They need to find the next big thing, they could try Fettel kid. BMW would be stupid to let any of their current drivers go.

They can have Kimi, I'll throw in free delivery. Do you think he'll fit in *looks around* an empty crate of beer?

Fettel kid. They need to find the next big thing, they could try Fettel kid. BMW would be stupid to let any of their current drivers go.

They can have Kimi, I'll throw in free delivery. Do you think he'll fit in *looks around* an empty crate of beer?

I have serious doubt weather Toyota would be able to get their hands on Vettel, the fight for his services will be between Red Bull and BMW - Sauber.

Nico Hulkenberg is my tip as the next best thing Willi Weber will slot him in at Toyota at the expense of his former client Ralf Schumacher.

Agreed, I think they need a young driver who'll become the next big thing. Whoever that is I am pretty sure he'll do a better job than Ralf is doing right now. ^_^

OTHER and definitely anybody but JT RS, both spectacularly average drivers.

Toyota needs a MSesque team builder I suggest young master Briscoe he is a likely lad and able to adapt to any car at a moments notice and is currrently, well not unemployed but lets just say that he could be better'ployed.

He has even tested with Toyota, so going there to race wouldn't exactly be new to him.

Either way F1 needs more down to earth, hard working and honest drivers, in short F1 needs more Aussies.

OTHER and definitely anybody but JT RS, both spectacularly average drivers.

Toyota needs a MSesque team builder I suggest young master Briscoe he is a likely lad and able to adapt to any car at a moments notice and is currrently, well not unemployed but lets just say that he could be better'ployed.

He has even tested with Toyota, so going there to race wouldn't exactly be new to him.

Either way F1 needs more down to earth, hard working and honest drivers, in short F1 needs more Aussies.

I rate Ryan Briscoe and agree that he wouldn't waste the chance if given one to start with, but it would be a extremly long shot for a 2008 race drive.

I was so annoyed that Toyota brushed him off to IRL after some strong Friday Practice sessions with Toyota in 04. IRL almost killed the poor bugger aswell.

Another point that I feel is important to make is that the problems at Toyota run alot deeper than their drivers, the entire management style needs an overhaul. This can only be achieved by the top brass back in Japan changing the way they have always done things because it's quite obvious that the Japanese management style is not working in F1 you only have to go as far as the Honda garage to confirm that!

I rate Ryan Briscoe and agree that he wouldn't waste the chance if given one to start with, but it would be a extremly long shot for a 2008 race drive.

I was so annoyed that Toyota brushed him off to IRL after some strong Friday Practice sessions with Toyota in 04. IRL almost killed the poor bugger aswell.

Another point that I feel is important to make is that the problems at Toyota run alot deeper than their drivers, the entire management style needs an overhaul. This can only be achieved by the top brass back in Japan changing the way they have always done things because it's quite obvious that the Japanese management style is not working in F1 you only have to go as far as the Honda garage to confirm that!

And thats the d!ck an b@lls of it.

from that list i'd pick Heidfeld, one of F1's strongest & most consistent drivers. I sincerely hope that doesnt happen though, cos Nick's career would probably go downhill. A rookie could be the way forward, perhaps Bruno Senna?

Thing is, the drivers arent the problem. The car is crap and there are bigger issues to resolve rather than the driver line-up

:lol:

Non of the above.

The only one similar to Schumacher and who would have the possibility to pull a Schumacher-Ferrari is Alonso.

But he would need the freedom and acceptance MS had at Ferrari as well as chief personal from Renault/McLaren.

:excl: Darn... I should have abstained from voting at all...

The poll says "regain" credibility..... $hit ..Toyota hasn't had any yet ;)

kimi raikonen should go to a team where he needs to work with the teaM FOR A CHANce of winning, instead of just hoping they did it ok. they should get him and give ferrari ralf!

More Ralf replacement fodder from F1Technical.net-

[The Formula One season is only five Grands Prix far, but the rumour mill is already spinning like crazy. Lewis Hamilton was linked with Ferrari by the British media and the German media has been reporting about Ralf Schumacher and Toyota for weeks.

According to 'Bild', the German tabloid, Toyota will fire Ralf if he doesn't perform well during the North-American races at Montreal and Indianapolis. Ralf, who wasn't able to match the pace of team mate Trulli, will be replaced by Adrian Sutil according to the tabloid.

As with all the other rumours that are going on, we have to take it with a grain of salt.]

Sutil driving for Toyota would be a refreshing change, but not enough in itself to bring the team back to the upper midfield like 2005 Surely Ralf would give better testing feedback than the rookie? Although maybe it'd put some pressure on Trulli which could be entertaining to watch...

More Ralf replacement fodder from F1Technical.net-

[The Formula One season is only five Grands Prix far, but the rumour mill is already spinning like crazy. Lewis Hamilton was linked with Ferrari by the British media and the German media has been reporting about Ralf Schumacher and Toyota for weeks.

According to 'Bild', the German tabloid, Toyota will fire Ralf if he doesn't perform well during the North-American races at Montreal and Indianapolis. Ralf, who wasn't able to match the pace of team mate Trulli, will be replaced by Adrian Sutil according to the tabloid.

As with all the other rumours that are going on, we have to take it with a grain of salt.]

Sutil driving for Toyota would be a refreshing change, but not enough in itself to bring the team back to the upper midfield like 2005 Surely Ralf would give better testing feedback than the rookie? Although maybe it'd put some pressure on Trulli which could be entertaining to watch...

I like the idea, AS has dusted CA already and has been very impressive so far this season. The big teams have taken notice you can be sure of that. One thing is crystal clear Toyota need to place some pressure on Ralfie to either make him perform or sack him.

Thanks for posting the article Jez.

Ralf finished only 1 second behind Trulli at Monaco, he wasnt that bad!

He usually qualifies miles behind Trulli, and he gets paid loads of money more than Jarno, so finishing one second behind Trulli WAS that bad! ;)