Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lalindra

Hamilton To Ferrari

Hi guys, just thought of posting this very interesting topic regarding hamilton's shock move to ferrari. It's certainly a rumour, but a very interesting rumour.

What r ur thoughts about this? :eusa_think:

Just five races into his young career, British rookie Lewis Hamilton is already being linked with a shock switch to Ferrari.

The 22-year-old, after making the most successful start to a debut season in the history of Formula One, is now at the centre of the Monaco team order storm.

Hamilton has even been mentioned as the instigator of the pending FIA investigation, after suggesting to reporters last Sunday that he had been ordered to finish second to Fernando Alonso because he is 'the number two driver' at McLaren.

But even though team boss Ron Dennis groomed Hamilton through racing's junior classes at huge expense, not to mention the existence of a long term contract (to about 2011), British newspaper The Times said there is now 'a raft of speculation' hinting at a future link between Hamilton and F1's famous Italian team.

"Paddock wags (are) suggesting that his route to Ferrari is already being 'lawyered', on the assumption that Kimi Raikkonen is shown the door," motor racing correspondent Edward Gorman wrote.

Gorman added that Hamilton's annual salary could potentially rise from about $500,000 in 2007 to up to $40m 'or more' with Ferrari.

The rumour is backed by another British newspaper - the Daily Mail - and its claim that Hamilton was unashamedly 'angry' in Monaco when it became clear that he was being asked to sacrifice his lead of the drivers' championship and settle for second.

Source GMM

CAPSIS International

Quoted from F1.live.com

Sounds like trash to me too. Having said that, I reckon Hami would look better in red than Kimi does..

The award for the bulls##t of the century goes to the guy who actually made this trash! (I am not talking about the one who made the thread) :rolleyes:

I dont believe it either. Hamilton is a nice guy. I'm sure if Ron talk to the guy (not publicly, I mean why the heck did he admit publicly that he gave team orders?) then Lewis will understand. I reckon the problems will be solve between Mclaren and Hamilton. But the bigger problem now is with the FIA.

How much? I'll chip in. Nothing is too much to save boy wonder from the dark side and send the evil Finn back :(

Ron Dennis has nurtured Hamilton for the last 10 years or so, giving him all the financial backing he needs. Can Hamilton really ever leave? Wouldnt it be betrayal? I envisage Hamilton being at mclaren for many years to come, through good times and bad

Ron Dennis has nurtured Hamilton for the last 10 years or so, giving him all the financial backing he needs. Can Hamilton really ever leave? Wouldnt it be betrayal? I envisage Hamilton being at mclaren for many years to come, through good times and bad

Maybe Ron should treat them equal ?

Just because Alonso is WC, Hamilton has been way more consistent then Alonso tbh, they shouldn't be changing Hamilton's stratgery mid-race either just to suit Alonso...

I was thinking that too - kind of like indentured servitude.

But if I was in charge at Ferrari, I'd be looking for a Kimi replacement too. The boy jumped the shark back in 05 and it's been downhill ever since. No offense to Kimi fans.

WARNING! Post written under the influence of a Sh#tty day at work!!

If all this whining about Hamilton doesn't stop (and I don't think it will stop unless he becomes a Tim Henman or a Jenson Button) I will soon join the League of Anti Hamilton's under the benevolent rule of the illustrious Big Ben!

Who is the whiner now? So he was told to ease up when he was racing out of control to try an impossible overtaking over Alonso (nobody saw LH almost collecting Trulli at the exit of Tabac or somewhere around there?) it is stupid to cry over that. Now the best argument in his favor: he had to do that because his strategy was compromised with all the issue about the pitstops: well, that's no news to F1, ask Barrichello, ask Reutemann, ask Irvine, ask Fisichella! Everybody had to cope with that at some time during their careers. Is it ok? Nope. Is it ethical? Nope. Is it common? Of course! Did it cost him the race? Don't think so. Would have given him a better chance to fight for a 1st place? Probably. That's all!!! All the crying and whining about that is ridiculous! Was LH told to slow down in Spain to let Alonso thru? Nope. We all can think of other teams where that order could have been issued.

Now, if Hamilton doesn't like it (even when he and his fanbois kept saying that this year he would humbly follow Alonso's footsteps because he was meant to learn the ropes this year) and now, instead of discussing it inside the team and yell at Ron Dennis privately (as things used to happen at Ferrari, for example) he goes hysterical and starts whining in public, then he is not as good as everybody told us. Those are actions from a prima donna and a whiner, and we've been told countless times he is not like that. So either he didn't say anything and it's all media BS (and I think it is) or LH is not the worthy champion we've been told. He is just a spoilt kid.

And don't you bother me anymore with all the "Alonso stole Hamilton's maiden win" BS anymore!!!!!

:furious::lol:

no-one is saying that Alonso stole Hamiltons first win. And if you look at Hamilton's own comments on the matter, he just says he's happy to still be scoring podiums and 'sitting next to these guys' (his words in the press conference).

And rumblestrip I disagree that Ferrari should be thinking about a replacement for Raikkonen. I dont think you'd make a very good team boss! Give him a chance, its only been 5 races, I'm sure he'll be back to normal sooner rather than later

no-one is saying that Alonso stole Hamiltons first win. And if you look at Hamilton's own comments on the matter, he just says he's happy to still be scoring podiums and 'sitting next to these guys' (his words in the press conference).

And rumblestrip I disagree that Ferrari should be thinking about a replacement for Raikkonen. I dont think you'd make a very good team boss! Give him a chance, its only been 5 races, I'm sure he'll be back to normal sooner rather than later

I don't think he made the scandal we are being told he made, either. Just media BS. But it is annoying and creates abtogonisms where there were none. That's the real manipulation of the sport.

Nevermind me, not my best day :lol:

And rumblestrip I disagree that Ferrari should be thinking about a replacement for Raikkonen. I dont think you'd make a very good team boss!

Haha! I'm sure I'd make a horrible team boss! :lol:

Give him a chance, its only been 5 races, I'm sure he'll be back to normal sooner rather than later

But... he IS back to normal. :P

Just kidding. ;)

In 2005 with a decent car Kimi showed he can mount a consistent title challenge and dominate races. He has a decent car again now, so I'm sure as soon as he gets over whatever little niggles he has with the car, he will be back on form

So I see noone has answered my question about how Hamilton was given the wrong strategy at the start and then was f$%ked over in the race. Blame the media, it's easier than arguing against facts.

The funniest thing is, if Ferrari did this to a driver who had no hope in hell of ever coming near Schumi, everyone, particularly the Mclaren and Alonso fans will be whining about team orders. And when they do it to a driver who has outdriven Alonso, suddenly Hamilton's the whiner.

The funniest thing is, if Ferrari did this to a driver who had no hope in hell of ever coming near Schumi, everyone, particularly the Mclaren and Alonso fans will be whining about team orders. And when they do it to a driver who has outdriven Alonso, suddenly Hamilton's the whiner.

Quite the opposite. I am asking that either everybody is a whiner (including Alonso, Lewis, Barrichello and Schumacher) or neither was. I am not enforcing more bias, I am merely pointing it out.

As for the "driver who has outdriven Alonso", that's the title of a new science fiction book you are writing, rght? :P

If it were only the Daily Mail reporting this, I would dismiss it too. The Times is much more reputable and I doubt they would make it up completely, though I suspect even they would accept it's a bit of an outside possibility at this stage. Personally I hope Hamilton stays at McLaren so he can beat the best driver in the world: Alonso.

They did it all the time.

You are probably right.... however I really wouldn't blame anyone either.

That "team order" called between Michael and Rubens and how dramatically RB displayed it ... certainly made Ferrari stand out above the rest

However, agree with them or not, I think team orders to some degree, will always be part of racing (not just F1) when there are mutiple team vehicles racing.

Haha! I'm sure I'd make a horrible team boss! :lol:

But... he IS back to normal. :P

Just kidding. ;)

Hey, this is not the thread to say that Kimi will be back :nono1: BTW he will be back in the next two races and I don't mean back on the track nor back on the grid, what I mean is back on the winning way, he will win the next two races, Massa will be told to move to let him pass, now that team orders are legal again :naughty: