Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dollar$

Better Solution For Quali?

I hate this 3 period style of quali. the last part is a total waste of 15 mins. why do they have to "burn off" fuel? & anyway i really liked one lap quali because you got to see every drivers whole lap. I know that the track rubbers in so the last runner has the advantage in that system. But why couldn't we have 1 half hour period where they start with race fuel & at the end of the half hr the quickest driver gets to chose his slot for single lap quali in the last half hr? that way the track would not be as green & more even for all. plus we would get to see all the drivers hot laps

i think the current format is a lot more exciting and tense than single-lap. Plus its been changed too many times in recent years

99.9% of people enjoy the qualifying system we have now, please let it be, finally. I also enjoyed single lap quali, but not that many seemed to agree. I must say I do anyone the current system the most out of them all though, by a fair distance.

Yep current system is much better than the one lap thing.

But I like the quali system which was there from 2002-2004. No fuel burning or hurrying up. Just hot laps and many of them to post the time :thbup:

the new one is rubbish i dont like it. you get traffic and heikki and lewis suffer coz of this

Everyone else has to deal with it too though, it's just another piece of skill and luck to add, which makes for excitement IMO.

I also really like the current system, but I do wish the TV coverage was better, maybe a split-screen option.

I also really like the current system, but I do wish the TV coverage was better, maybe a split-screen option.

Yeah split screen would be good... i find this Qualfying good as well...

the new one is rubbish i dont like it. you get traffic and heikki and lewis suffer coz of this

Thats bcoz it was monaco where its extremely difficult to overtake or give room to the car behind

Ya the split scrren option will be good :clap3:

i just realized. hamilton was held up by webber and heikki by coulthard. they r both at red bull. isnt that a nice little conspiracy theory?

i just realized. hamilton was held up by webber and heikki by coulthard. they r both at red bull. isnt that a nice little conspiracy theory?

Yeah, good one. :clap3:

Just in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

I hate this 3 period style of quali. the last part is a total waste of 15 mins. why do they have to "burn off" fuel? & anyway i really liked one lap quali because you got to see every drivers whole lap. I know that the track rubbers in so the last runner has the advantage in that system. But why couldn't we have 1 half hour period where they start with race fuel & at the end of the half hr the quickest driver gets to chose his slot for single lap quali in the last half hr? that way the track would not be as green & more even for all. plus we would get to see all the drivers hot laps

Single lap qualifying? please never that again.

I enjoyed single lap quali,so I didn't like the change to the current one.I'd prefer a different system,but it's ok. :unsure:

I enjoyed single lap quali

Hush you lot, what if Bernie reads this :nono1: Qualifying right now is more exciting than the race.

I never knew how boring 1 lap qualifying was! The current quali format is good enough & I hope it'll stay like this 4 a long time!

Scrap fuelled up quali 3 and we're looking at perfection, pretty much.

but then all strategy for q3 disappears...

i want to be able to choose which driver's onboard camera i want to ride with anytime in the race. the technology is there i hate it we're not using it.

I prefer the current qualifying system than the one lap qualifying. If something can done to the fuel burning phase in q3 without affecting race strategy, then I think it would be perfect. :thumb:

cheers for the replys guys. i was just wondering bout other ppls views. most seem to like this quali set up. Fair play :) it's just i always liked seeing each drivers line & how they coped with nailing it over one lap. got to see all the different driving styles which is sometimes tricky on tv.

Hush you lot, what if Bernie reads this :nono1: Qualifying right now is more exciting than the race.

Well said. I have the same impression that I often enjoy qualifying more than the race. Especially the race like the last one.

cheers for the replys guys. i was just wondering bout other ppls views. most seem to like this quali set up. Fair play :) it's just i always liked seeing each drivers line & how they coped with nailing it over one lap. got to see all the different driving styles which is sometimes tricky on tv.

but you also get that in the last lap of q3...

There are many members here with great knowledge of F1 so yuo're a bit lucky to be a member :thbup: ! Just 1 tihng: don't trust me! I don't have that much knowledge of F1 but I do know a fair bit!