Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buczer

F1 Roadshow In Warsaw (photo)

On 2-3 June, Renault F1 came to Warsaw with their "F1 RoadShow" program. About 80,000 fans were able to see F1 R26 on Warsaw

Wow! Great pics and vids! Thanks a heap for posting all of this :clap3:

Thanks for the pics!

Do you think Kubica would have pulled a bigger crowd, not that 80,000 is to be sneezed at?

Some more photos :) Megane Trophy looks really nice in my opinion and also sounds great. Driver made some donuts next to me .. visibilty dropped to nearly 2-3 meters :D

http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=buczaf1dlaf5xt4.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=buczaf1dlaf6tr0.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b...laf7do3.jpgsoiu

B197:

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=buczaf1dlafnt7.jpg

RS11 1979 Type1 (1979, 10,500rpm, V6 with turbo - first ever F1 car with turbo, that won GP - 520hp), driver - Ren

"Do you think Kubica would have pulled a bigger crowd, not that 80,000 is to be sneezed at?"

Yes, I think so. But not more than 100,000 in my opinion. You must remember, that 80,000 on one bridge (ok, and some nearest street) is a really big number. If you look at some pics or videos you will see, that all "track" was "hermetically" placed (yes? .. ehh my english) by three and more rows of fans. Many people were forced to stay in "F1 city" (near the bridge) and were watching show on telebims. Yes it's possible that Kubica and BMW will bring more fans ... but for god's sake I can't imagine so many people in one place, which is so close to downtown. After the show all nearest streets where attacked by huge traffic jam. It took me 30 minutes to drive through 2km. Of course practically everybody support Kubica but I think, that at least half of that 80,000 bought F1 Renault, and Heikki Kovalainen caps, t-shirts etc :) so this summer Kovalainen will be more noticeable on Warsaw streets than Robert Kubica :D;) I also bought some things (though I'm Honda, Sato and Kubica fan)

80,000 is awesome, I don't think Ferrari got that when they did a street thing like that in Melbourne.

I wondered if Kubica got Polish support(because he's Polish) or if he was like Webber who doesn't really get much Australian support(unless of course we started to win) ;) .

Thanks for clarifying

Do you reckon the event is worth flying to South Africa to see??

I got a friend there, maybe I should visit and soak up some Renault magic??

"I wondered if Kubica got Polish support(because he's Polish) or if he was like Webber who doesn't really get much Australian support(unless of course we started to win)"

For most F1 fans in Poland, Kubica was only hope for polish presence in Formula 1. We were able to follow his career since his starts in F3, watching races on cable TV. Some hardcore fans support him "live" practically on every race. But still, for 90% of our polish society he was unknown person. Situation changed a little when he made fantastic debut in World Series by Renault (earlier known as World Series by Nissan - Heikki Kovalainen won this series in 2004, ahead of Tiago Monteiro) in 2005. Kubica won this series earning Formula One tests with Renault. In 2005 his name start to appear in polish news. Also F1 and polish edition of "F1 Racing" gain some popularity, mostly because in 2004 Formula 1 back to polish public, free of charge TV canal. If I remember, in 2006 before Robert debut, about 200.000 people were watching F1 on polish TV, and after Hungary GP it was about 2 millions :) After Imola (where Kubica was third) we had some kind of "kubicomania" :) Like you see for most people F1 _is_ Robert Kubica. They are "greenhorn" in F1 world, they are on the way to meet new teams and drivers. Kubica made F1 much more popular sport in Poland for sure. But on the other hand, vetrans polish F1 fans grow up without Poles in F1. So they are still huge fans of Ferrari, Williams, McLaren or even Honda. On F1RoadShow many people had Ferrari, Honda caps, t-shirts etc. McLaren and Williams are also very popular ... Minardi "was" popular. But for sure Robert Kubica deserves some honors. He came to F1 without money, without sponsors, from land with no F1 track, or GP. He is in F1 beacuse he is really good, and hard-working. I think that he is similar to Kovalainen. Rather shy, not Eddie Irvine type. I remember his great starts in Macau, where he defeated Lewis Hamilton several times. I hope he will stay in F1 for some time :)

"Do you reckon the event is worth flying to South Africa to see??

I got a friend there, maybe I should visit and soak up some Renault magic??"

It's hard to say. In Poland we haven't F1 tracks, no F1 GP, for many people it was the first contact (and the easiest way) to "meet F1". For them it was "picnic". They are interested in F1 since 2006 and GP Hungary ;) and came to this show (big % from other parts of Poland) to see "what F1 car is". "F1 city" was opened for two days (saturday, sunday) and they came to Warsaw to visit city, eat some grilled sausages. They started in F1 contest (like changing wheels in F1 on time), bought some "souvenirs" ;) They even weren't prepared for F1 noise :) But of course everyone had camera, at least had to buy F1 cap, and shot photo of his children with some F1 car. So in big % it was picnic for people, who started watching F1 since Robert Kubica debut. And these people where very satisfied, many of them were declaring, that for sure they will go on some F1 GP this year. It's good for Kovalainen, beacuse in my opinion he have now some thousands fans in Poland :D You aksed me about 80.000. In 99' and 04' or 03' near Warsaw (air field Modlin) were held McLaren West Adrenaline Racing Days. We could watching David Coulthard in his F1 car, some even won ride in "two-seater F1 car" ... also was 1200hp Mercedes Racing Track, and McLarenF1 car. MP4/13 was running more than 300km/h ... everyone was happy. On these shows practically were only F1 fans (not like on F1RoadShow two days ago) and if I have good memory ... it was around 40-50 thousand people. Kubica "brings" F1 to Poland for sure. On GP Hungary, and GP Italy were several hundreds polish fans. On last GP (Monaco) I saw some polish flags too.

I also was satisfied, it's always nice to see F1 car running 5 meters from you :) It was also unusual to see F1 car on the bridge, going nearly 300km/h (they said, it was the "fastest" F1 _RoadShow_ ever). Megane Trophy making "about 100" donuts ;) was very spectacular, and of course Grant with his little car. It was first of six (five?) roadshow planned for this year, so next should be even better. For sure it's worth to go if you live near "F1RoadShow" but to fly thousands km? In my opinion not. But If you were going to see you friend anyway, to visit city .... it won't be stupid to "combine" your trip with F1RoadShow. F1 on local streets it's always something unusal.

Once again sorry for my english ;) but I will try to make less mistakes.

PS: http://www.formula1.com/news/6209.html

Your english is not a problem at all, my friend

I agree, you're English is fine Buczer :D

EDIT: When referring to the word 'English' you do use a capital don't you???

Now I'm going to have a complex about it!!! :lol:

I agree, you're English is fine Buczer :D

EDIT: When referring to the word 'English' you do use a capital don't you???

Now I'm going to have a complex about it!!! :lol:

Well then when you refer to Austrailians you should have a capital too right?

If so, you username is in small letters, so....

Well then when you refer to Austrailians you should have a capital too right?

If so, you username is in small letters, so....

Correct.

I looked at other people