Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

The Banning Of Motorsport

Taken from the rumour bin at paddocktalk.com-

[Well, it was an off weekend for the Formula One series, so what's a casual observer do....

Write an absurd commentary on the importance of banning motorsport due to CO2 emmissions.

A UK based publication called The Herald published the drivel which suggested that, "Motorsport is the most wasteful, harmful, pointless leisure pursuit on the planet." pix-t.gifpix-t.gif

The writers point centers on the idea that "more than 10 times as much as the average Briton emits in a year" and that "F1 cars emit around 1500g of carbon dioxide per kilometre almost nine times more than the average new road vehicle."

The writer also proceeds to complain about the money spent on the sport.

PaddockTalk Perspective

It seems a rather simple solution to the editorial board here at PaddockTalk. There are 22 cars in Formula One - soon to be 24.

Let's assume that there are thousands of environmentalist wackos who fail to comprehend that it is their lifestyle that is in danger, not the world that we live in.

And of those wackos, let's seize 240 vehicles and send them to the crusher as a carbon offset for the sport of Formula One. FIA Boss Max Mosley will even pay for replacement bikes should we broker this deal.

And since these same folk hate the lifestyles of the rich and famous, and it is that which they really seek to attack....

Let's send them away to the North Pole, where they can enjoy the pristine wilderness in all its glory, for all of eternity.

Give a polar bear a kiss for us... Will ya ?]

:lol: I needed that, this day in the office is driving me up the wall! :clap3:

A UK based publication called The Herald published the drivel which suggested that, "Motorsport is the most wasteful, harmful, pointless leisure pursuit on the planet."

I'd say that statement there sums up their paper, NOT MOTORSPORT.

:lol: What a bunch of w@nkers!!!!

A UK based publication called The Herald published the drivel which suggested that, "Motorsport is the most wasteful, harmful, pointless leisure pursuit on the planet."

Except that the variable valve timing, which allows the author's Honda to get 40mpg while still producing over 100hp, was born from motorsport...

And the crash worthiness of said vehicle owes much of its technology to motorsport...

And the helmet he wears when he rides his motor scooter to the grocery store is based on ones used in motorsport...

And the cute little paddle shifters on his sedan were straight out of F1...

And... I could go on and on.

Lots of useful things come out of motorsport.

I consider myself an environmentalist, but even I'm not as short-sighted as the uninformed author of that article.

The Indianapolis 500 had many innovations which made it to passenger cars:

Rear View Mirrors

Dual Carbuerators

Four Wheel Brakes

Front Wheel Drive

Teh Herald is teh stupidest thing evur!

Except that the variable valve timing, which allows the author's Honda to get 40mph while still producing over 100hp, was born from motorsport...

And the crash worthiness of said vehicle owes much of its technology to motorsport...

And the helmet he wears when he ride his motor scooter to the grocery store is bases on ones used in motorsport...

I consider myself an environmentalist, but even I'm not as short-sighted as the uninformed author of that article.

+1 agree.

Except that the variable valve timing, which allows the author's Honda to get 40mpg while still producing over 100hp, was born from motorsport...

And the helmet he wears when he rides his motor scooter to the grocery store is based on ones used in motorsport...

And direct injection, weight saving materials, aerodynamics, active suspensions, etc ...

A newspaper! Do they know how much polution is involved on the paper industry? Believe me, much, much more than the F1! So avoid newspapers and stupids journalists!

Why doesnt he be more of a genius and just come up with the idea of banning all sport, that would have even more of a positive effect on the earth!