Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

C23 or is it F2003-GA

i broght the new F1 racing mag today and there was a story on the comparison between the C23 and the F2003-GA. in the story thay placed harf of a C23 next to harf of a F2003-GA and there was no driffence. i mean none everthing was the same excped the paint.

i thik that is webber's point.

If it is identical to the Ferrari (which we all know it is) then it is illegal as the rules state that each team must design and build their own car, which clearly Sauber didnt do.

However, the FIA deemed it legal for some reason...

I think at the moment not many teams are kicking up about it because it seems fairly slow in testing so far, which i think is delibarate for that very reason.

If it suddenly goes as quick as last years Ferrari at Melbourne then you watch them all start complaining!!!!!

Webber, I’ve read a similar article in Autosport but it said that although the C23 and F2003-GA are VERY similar, they are not identical and thus not in breach of FIA regulations. The Sauber will have the current Ferrari engine, a chassis that indeed resembles the F2003-GA, two Ferrari hopefuls in Massa and Fisi, and a gear box designed with the help of Ferrari though! I do hope the Sauber is quick as we could have a very competitive championship – with Ferrari, Williams, McLaren and Renault at the front, and BAR and Sauber nipping at their heals half a second or so down. Should make for a great season and I can’t wait.

What about the option of the Sauber designers mimicked (not copied) all the good points off the 2003GA and came up with an almost identical vehicle. Plus who knows how different it is under the skin.

However, the FIA deemed it legal for some reason...

the car was passed because there are 4 diffences thay are

1. barge bords on the C23 are more curved than the ones on the F2003-GA. and the lower leading edges on the F2003-GA barde bords are extened further forward than thows on the C23.

2.the rear edge on the upper wishbone on the F2003-GA has a 'step' the wishbone on the C23 is straight.

3. the C23 weelbase is about 5cm shorter that that on the F2003-GA. this is because the C23 has a smaller fule tank.

all of this has come straight out of the F1 racing (march 2004)mag.

and it also says in the same artical that the C23 and the F2003-GA has the same electronics, hydraulics, cooling pacage, complete aero package and chassis surfaces.

4. the C23 has a bigger engine cover and rear wing endplates than the F2003-GA. this is because of the new regulations