Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

Spare A Moment For Jacques

While his father Gilles is considered as many as one of the greatest drivers of all time, a man with stunning moves, enough to scare the driver in front, many will remember him for long time and no one will ever forget his horrific crash. Later his son sprung into the F1 scene and stunned the F1 world with his debut, but as years passed by he damaged his reputation by moving into BAR, was never ever impressive after his worldchampionship wins. The only thing that was impressive was his verbal attacks on Micheal, with which he won hearts, but was a snail driving Honda. Meanwhile Micheal never responded to his comments, instead chose not to come down to the level of an idiot, because he knew that an idiot can beat him with experience, instead went on quitely to win multiple world championship. After he was thrown out of BAR the team instantly improved. Many would argue that it was with Jacques's help that BAR developed their Honda powered contender for 04. That is pure bulls##t. Sato was good in testing, look at Super Aguri for proof. After nearly a year, Flavio signed him up for a couple of races when Trulli left Renault. Thinking that Jacques will take revenge on BAR for dumping him, Suber was too early and signed him up, I bet he regreted it. Then rest is history, I am feeling too bored to type his story!

Now that he feels left out, he is back on the scene ranting.

Hamilton criticised by Villeneuve

Jacques Villeneuve

Villeneuve believes Hamilton has not yet proved himself

Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve has accused Lewis Hamilton of being too aggressive in his driving at the start of Grands Prix.

The Canadian said Hamilton's behaviour was similar to that of former champion Michael Schumacher, who was widely criticised for dirty driving.

"When will these chopping moves stop?" Villeneuve told Autosport magazine.

"Lewis is not getting penalised and his behaviour off the start has started to look the way Michael used to."

Hamilton has begun his Formula One career with greater success than any driver in history, and his ability to make places off the start is one of many ways in which the 22-year-old has attracted attention.

Lewis is very fast but he still has to step up to the plate and beat Alonso

Jacques Villeneuve

But Villeneuve said he was surprised race officials had not waved a black flag at Hamilton, calling him into the pits for potential disqualification for dangerous driving.

"So far, he has been lucky, so we'll see if it carries on," said Villeneuve, who won the title for Williams-Renault in 1997 and whose F1 career ended last season.

"He makes progressive moves that would have got some of the other drivers black-flagged."

Hamilton heads into this weekend's Canadian Grand Prix tied on points at the head of the world championship with team-mate and double world champion Fernando Alonso.

And he has been faster than the Spaniard in the last three races, beating Alonso in Bahrain and Spain but being asked by the team not to challenge him for victory in Monaco.

Lewis Hamilton

Hamilton's moves at the start are unfair, Villeneuve believes

But Villeneuve believes Hamilton still has some way to go before he has fully established himself as a leading contender.

"Lewis is very fast," Villeneuve said, "but he still has to step up to the plate and beat Alonso.

"And we still haven't seen how he reacts under pressure - that will be interesting to watch."

Villeneuve's remarks are the first time Hamilton has faced any public criticism since the start of his F1 career this season.

http://totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=209525

What the **** is this guy talking about, I may be Hamilton's fan, but I would have been irritated if he told about just any other driver.

Hamilton has stolen the title for being the most impressive rookie debut away from JV. Now all JV can do is Rant. Hamilton has already shown how he can respond to pressure, the question is how will others respond to his pressure!

Ouch, I posted in one of the duplicate deleted therads and my reply is gone :(

Well, what I said was (in short):

1) Jacques was a worthy champion. He drove marvelously on that Williams Renault. He sucked at BAR and he sucked at Renault. Many factors might have affected his performance (car setup, motivation, your choice). Kimi sucks so far this season. That does not mean his skills where never there. Alonso can barely keep up with Lewis, that doesn't mean he won 2 championships against Kimi and Schumi from sheer good luck. Jacques has been in F1 for years, he might not be the best guy around, but he knows it from the inside.

2) One thing I particularly like about Jacques is that he was always very outspoken. Surely, that meant he usually said lots of crap (this being one of those cases, perhaps). But at least the guy does that. Surely he says many things because he is resented for being kicked out of F1, but he also makes some good observations from time to time. I'd rather hear him saying all the nonsense he really thinks than hearing those obnoxious PR crap the drivers usually mutter like a chant "Yes he is a great driver, I love giving the best for the team, we are working very hard and improving in every sense blah blah blah" I'd say go ahead Jacques! Keep your rantings and ravings! Join TF1! :lol:

Well I enjoyed F1 a lot more when Jacques was racing in it.

I don't always agree with what he says, but I prefer a driver that speaks off the cuff and is not programed to illict politically correct answers.

Not many(if any) would agrue that Jacques was the best driver in F1, however, I personally would like to see a few drivers in F1 with his personality rather than more personlities like Kimi's.

Shows to me that he is not a groomed robot,..... rather a real person with a passion to drive. (just my opinion)

1) Jacques was a worthy champion. He drove marvelously on that Williams Renault. He sucked at BAR and he sucked at Renault. Many factors might have affected his performance (car setup, motivation, your choice). Kimi sucks so far this season. That does not mean his skills where never there. Alonso can barely keep up with Lewis, that doesn't mean he won 2 championships against Kimi and Schumi from sheer good luck. Jacques has been in F1 for years, he might not be the best guy around, but he knows it from the inside.

I guess "Buttonites" can relate to this. He is headed down the road to become a "could-of-been"

2) One thing I particularly like about Jacques is that he was always very outspoken. Surely, that meant he usually said lots of crap (this being one of those cases, perhaps). But at least the guy does that. Surely he says many things because he is resented for being kicked out of F1, but he also makes some good observations from time to time. I'd rather hear him saying all the nonsense he really thinks than hearing those obnoxious PR crap the drivers usually mutter like a chant "Yes he is a great driver, I love giving the best for the team, we are working very hard and improving in every sense blah blah blah" I'd say go ahead Jacques! Keep your rantings and ravings! Join TF1! :lol:

Yes, he is..but no where like Gilles's class, what did he achive after speaking so much about Micheal? he kept ranting about Micheal even after Micheal was punished, did Alonso keep doing that after Monaco06? He might have said few things but after the weekend he moved on and Micheal did get punished. He reminds of a bunch of loosers who were good in sports before new batch of students joined and trashed them left and right and carried away the heart of all hot chicks! :mf_tongue: and these guys accused these new students (me one of the new students) that we were taking performance enhancing drugs or were practicing like mad.

I am not so convinced on the Monaco '06 thing and gave MS the benefit of doubt....

Yes, he is..but no where like Gilles's class, what did he achive after speaking so much about Micheal? he kept ranting about Micheal even after Micheal was punished, did Alonso keep doing that after Monaco06? He might have said few things but after the weekend he moved on and Micheal did get punished. He reminds of a bunch of loosers who were good in sports before new batch of students joined and trashed them left and right and carried away the heart of all hot chicks! :mf_tongue: and these guys accused these new students (me one of the new students) that we were taking performance enhancing drugs or were practicing like mad.

...... however .... and I don't want to beat a dead horse here.... ..but stopping a car out on the track..... and Ramming another driver while racing are two completely different cenerios....

After being Rammed by a guy... I'd don't think I'd let go too easily either...especially when that same driver still pulls similar stunts that put driver safety at risk.

By the way... I still think MS was one of the greatest F1 drivers (without the stunts) ..... just ..... I'm with JV on this one.

[quote name='shampion' post='198197' date='Jun 6 2007, 06:29 PM']I am not so convinced on the Monaco '06 thing and gave MS the benefit of doubt....
...... however .... and I don't want to beat a dead horse here.... ..but stopping a car out on the track..... and Ramming another driver while racing are two completely cenerios....

After being Rammed by a guy... I'd don't think I'd let go too easily either...especiaally when that same driver still pulls similar stunts that put driver safety at risk.

By the way... I still think MS was one of the greatest F1 drivers (without the stunts) ..... just ..... I'm with JV on this one.[/quote]

Well. Micheal got punished and went on quitely with his job to win race after races, while his rivals moaned!

Well. Micheal got punished and went on quitely with his job to win race after races, while his rivals moaned!

This is drifiting off topic. I don't care either Jacques or Michael's antics in regard to this thread. I just value JV's uncensored way of talking. His opinions are sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Many times his opinions seem to be fueled by envy or resentment. But I bet many other drivers think things like these yet all they do is smile and say that we live in a wonderful world. Do you honestly think that JV was the only one to think MS cheated at Monaco '06? Let the guy speak his mind!

I don't always agree with what he says, but I prefer a driver that speaks off the cuff and is not programed to illict politically correct answers.

Why are JV fans so proud of his stupidity? There is speaking out when you have something to say and there is mouthing off crap at every oppurtunity. When did being a jealous cranky old pr1ck become a positive attribute. He is something in life because of his father, and so he still has millions of misguided fans. If he was a normal person, by now he would have been socially ostracized, fired multiple times and heading for a home soon. He should get black flagged for doing what every driver does (yes JV, Michael is the only one who does it :rolleyes: ). When Hamilton fixes a race, when he drives in a race just to screw others knowing he would be disqualified at the end, then you talk. Go back to driving those puny sportscars or whatever they allow you to drive nowadays.

The funniest thing was his manager flooded the media with rumours of him going to NACAR, but he was never even offered a drive :roll:

Why are JV fans so proud of his stupidity? There is speaking out when you have something to say and there is mouthing off crap at every oppurtunity. When did being a jealous cranky old pr1ck become a positive attribute. He is something in life because of his father, and so he still has millions of misguided fans. If he was a normal person, by now he would have been socially ostracized, fired multiple times and heading for a home soon. He should get black flagged for doing what every driver does (yes JV, Michael is the only one who does it :rolleyes: ). When Hamilton fixes a race, when he drives in a race just to screw others knowing he would be disqualified at the end, then you talk. Go back to driving those puny sportscars or whatever they allow you to drive nowadays.

The funniest thing was his manager flooded the media with rumours of him going to NACAR, but he was never even offered a drive :roll:

:clap3::clap3:

This is drifiting off topic. I don't care either Jacques or Michael's antics in regard to this thread. I just value JV's uncensored way of talking. His opinions are sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Many times his opinions seem to be fueled by envy or resentment. But I bet many other drivers think things like these yet all they do is smile and say that we live in a wonderful world. Do you honestly think that JV was the only one to think MS cheated at Monaco '06? Let the guy speak his mind!

There is a saying that, : A time will come when the intellegent ones get on with their job, meanwhile the ordinary people will tressure ans Idiot's word more than the clever one's. Eg.JV and Eminem.

This is drifiting off topic. I don't care either Jacques or Michael's antics in regard to this thread. I just value JV's uncensored way of talking. His opinions are sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Many times his opinions seem to be fueled by envy or resentment. But I bet many other drivers think things like these yet all they do is smile ........

:thbup: Exactly my point

................... say that we live in a wonderful world. Do you honestly think that JV was the only one to think MS cheated at Monaco '06? Let the guy speak his mind!

The blind MS fans do.

Always in denial! :rolleyes:

His been mouthing off my favourite driver.... spare a moment for JV, I think not, here goes a friendly up yours to Jacques....

I understand what you're saying, Andres and I agree it's nice to have different personalites in F1. However, these are not just JV's opinions, some of what he says is just plainly wrong. Maybe the reason other drivers smile and say we live in a wonderful world is because they are considering what they want to say rather than have an attack of verbal diaorrhea and say the first thing that comes into their head, whether it's right or wrong.

Of course the other thing is, unfortunately, that JV is isolated from the effects having such forthright opinions - in the real world you accept that if you have opinions and behave like that, then somewhere along the way you will get the mother of all b!tch-slappings! :lol:

I understand what you're saying, Andres and I agree it's nice to have different personalites in F1. However, these are not just JV's opinions, some of what he says is just plainly wrong. Maybe the reason other drivers smile and say we live in a wonderful world is because they are considering what they want to say rather than have an attack of verbal diaorrhea and say the first thing that comes into their head, whether it's right or wrong.

Of course the other thing is, unfortunately, that JV is isolated from the effects having such forthright opinions - in the real world you accept that if you have opinions and behave like that, then somewhere along the way you will get the mother of all b!tch-slappings! :lol:

:lol: I am trying to say the same in this thread and in Jems thread about the same, but nobody understands me! :frusty:

I don't agree with JV AT ALL! I am just defending his right to utter whatever nonsenses he wants to say.

:lol: I am trying to say the same in this thread and in Jems thread about the same, but nobody understands me! :frusty:

I don't agree with JV AT ALL! I am just defending his right to utter whatever nonsenses he wants to say.

What are you saying, again???? :wacko::wacko: So, now you do not agree with JV???, I'm confused...

:lol:

I not only understand you... I completely agree with you :thbup:

I not only understand you... I completely agree with you :thbup:
I also agree! Dunno what's gone ibto JV lately with his whining to the press about Hamilton's agressiveness!

Why are JV fans so proud of his stupidity?

For the same reasons MS fan are so proud of his cheating tactics and no one says he stolen 2WDC... Because WE ARE FANS!!!!

Remember one thing: from 1950 to 2006 only 28 guys won a WDC and as stupid as he is suppose to be Jacques Villeneuve is one of them. I read the list many times I didn

I also agree! Dunno what's gone into JV lately with his whining to the press about Hamilton's agressiveness!

He is not really whinning...

He was asked a question, and he answered it in true JV fashion, off the cuff and in his opinion...

I don't totally agree with him ... but admire his candidness.

He is not really whinning...

He was asked a question, and he answered it in true JV fashion, off the cuff and in his opinion...

I don't totally agree with him ... but admire his candidness.

yep, when he is not winning, he is whinning....thats it!

Rivals defend Lewis in JV attack

Thursday 7th June 2007

Fantasy F1 - Win a trip to Monaco!

It's not too late, point scoring starts at the Bahrain GP. Click here.

Giancarlo Fisichella and Alex Wurz have hit back at former Champion Jacques Villeneuve for his verbal attack on Lewis Hamilton.

The 1997 Drivers' Champion, who retired last season, recently slammed the McLaren rookie for being too aggressive at the start of races with "chopping moves" and suggested the young Briton deserved to be penalised.

The 36-year-old Canadian, who in his first season in 1996 amassed a rookie record 78 points, won four races and enjoyed 11 podium finishes, also labelled Hamilton's red-hot start to his F1 career as lucky.

Hamilton, 22, has been setting records of his own, with five podium finishes from the first five races of the season, and his fellow drivers on Thursday rallied to his cause in Montreal ahead of Sunday's Canadian GP.

"I think Jacques might find it more and more difficult in the future to find comments he can give," Williams driver Wurz said.

"I see nothing wrong with the moves he (Hamilton) is making. It's hard to defend your line."

Fisichella did not comment on Hamilton's actions but he rounded on Villeneuve, adding: "Jacques says quite a lot of things in the media right now. He talks too much."

Hamilton's fellow Brit Jenson Button steered clear of the controversy, however, when he said: "I've been so far back, at the back of the grid, that I haven't seen any of the moves that have been going on. I wish I had but I haven't."

http://totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=209687

I was nearly gonna be sick when I read that press release! Why is JV offended by Hamilton being agressive & saying his season so far is lucky! Just because JV had a fantastic start to his F1 career 10 years ago does'nt mean that 10 years later, a guy called Lewis Hamilton does just as good & JV calls him lucky! It's what you expect from those ignorent Canadian Frenchies :angry::angry::angry: !! Even JV's best mate Fisi hates the press release he made!