Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

admin

Make Totalf1.com A New Logo

The font is a customized font, customized to create a symmetry for the word 'total'. The T's and L (the two outside letters and middle letter) match each other's straight line and bottom curve and the O and A (second and second last letters) match each others roundness. I think the symmetrical effect of the typography in the font for those letters makes the word total very pleasing to the eye.

Yeah this is very nice too. I like the explanation. I'm not a graphic designer and I can appreciate the logo so much more with an explanation!

f1-man- love that font. Really looks great. I've been a bit cheeky and combined elements of both of our logos...

Hey TF1 admin, anyword yet on when we can expect a revamped site? This topic has gone quiet of late :eusa_think:

Hey TF1 admin, anyword yet on when we can expect a revamped site? This topic has gone quiet of late :eusa_think:

hey, I still need to do a new one...competition's tough! :lol:

I think Wes has new baby on the mind lately Jez.... and rightly so

Hi Guys

Yep, have been very busy with the baby lately, but I have managed to spend some time working on the new site. I have also been impressed with the logos that have been submitted.

I have mainly spent time on back end stuff, re-writing some functions and code to enable better functionality with news sorting options etc. The whole process has been very liquid and has moved on from what I envisioned the new site would be like.

I have also fallen in love with the jQuery Javascript Library and have incorporated some jQuery powered stuff into the new site, with plans for other jQuery stuff too.

I also have the basic front end design complete and I am quite fond of a few of the submitted logo's (one of them is looking really good with the design) and hope to have that squared away soon so if you want to submit a logo, it should be soon. :)

I really want to launch the new design before Spa (originally I wanted to have it ready for Siverstone...), but a Spa launch will depend on how much time I have to complete the rest of the re-write and put it all together. Realistically, I doubt it will happen as it is only a few weeks away and I dont want to rush it, but you never know.

Without giving too much away of the design, here is a preview of the news listing and listing options. (this is showing the 'Latest 'F1 News', but each tab has further drill down options)

cheers

Wes

Here's my suggestion:

Each letter/number of "Total F1" should be made up of F1 cars of different colors.

Now for Mike,Braddy & Eduardo to make this a reality.

would look too busy..

Here's my suggestion:

Each letter/number of "Total F1" should be made up of F1 cars of different colors.

Now for Mike,Braddy & Eduardo to make this a reality.

would look too busy..

Would this be possible to have T in Silver, O in Red, T in half yellow half white etc....

After looking at the whole thread i liked the bronze one of shooting star as the best.....

btw, we should have a poll with all the enteries to see which people like the most....(just to p**s Andres off)

Sticking with an earlier design, but altering the colours 2 ways to match the site preview....

Slight change to the logo too, pulling the 'F' all the way through the flag.

are you still looking for a logo?

The re-design project has been put on hold, but we do plan to launch a new look before the 2008 season starts.

We havent decided on a logo yet, so feel free to lodge a submission.

thanks

Wes