Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

2007 Canadian Practice & Qualifying

I assumed Kay was joking with that comment, but everyone seems to be taking her seriously. Always a mistake surely...? :P

I suspect Lewis has a very similar but slightly heavier fuel load than 'Nando. Hence he was really slightly slower in Q3 but 'Nando probably made a mistake in S3 on his final lap. I doubt he was deliberately only one tenth faster than Nick, and their penultimate laps were the other way around I believe. Finally Lewis was told on the radio that "Fernando probably made a mistake", though of course this could be code.

Is this a confirmation of Monaco ?!

Is BMW Sauber the no.2 force in F1 right now ?!

Was Alonso slowed down deliberately ?!

I am impressed with McLaren's pace. I would have expected this race and Indy to be much more favorable for the Ferraris.

How many times will Trulli and Rubinho have to outpace their teammates before they can earn at lest 10% of the recognition and press attention their teammates have?

Oh and Liuzzi qualified 12th ahead of Speed! Wooohooo! :lol:

I assumed Kay was joking with that comment, but everyone seems to be taking her seriously. Always a mistake surely...? :P

I suspect Lewis has a very similar but slightly heavier fuel load than 'Nando. Hence he was really slightly slower in Q3 but 'Nando probably made a mistake in S3 on his final lap. I doubt he was deliberately only one tenth faster than Nick, and their penultimate laps were the other way around I believe. Finally Lewis was told on the radio that "Fernando probably made a mistake", though of course this could be code.

Sadly the TV didn't show what happend in S3 of Alonso's lap. He was about 0.4 seconds faster than LH at S2, so he lost more than a second in the last sector, which is a place where you don't have that many places to make mistakes except at the last chicane and, of course, crashing against the wall. A gearbox problem could cost you such time (having to skip a gear) in a sector which consist almost entirely in a full throttle track. No idea what else could have caused such loss of time.

Edit: I don't think it was team orders, of course! Was just going along with the joke :P

Sadly the TV didn't show what happend in S3 of Alonso's lap. He was about 0.4 seconds faster than LH at S2, so he lost more than a second in the last sector, which is a place where you don't have that many places to make mistakes except at the last chicane and, of course, crashing against the wall. A gearbox problem could cost you such time (having to skip a gear) in a sector which consist almost entirely in a full throttle track. No idea what else could have caused such loss of time.

Edit: I don't think it was team orders, of course! Was just going along with the joke :P

Yeah I noticed that. I was probably taking everyone else too seriously. Oh the irony!

Hmm perhaps he had a problem with his gearbox or something else. Will be interesting to hear what they say. McLaren have had very good reliability though, and he was clearly pushing very hard indeed, so I reckon a small mistake is also possible. Anyway, perhaps you are right.

:angry: Of course Alonso deliberately slowed. :angry:

He slowed to avoid hitting the great wall 'o champions. :whistling:

I was wondering if by saying it people would automatically think team orders. Brainwashed! :P

Fernando carried little extra speed into the final chicane and had a huge amount of opposite lock.That's where he lost a lot of time. Anyways it's a Mclaren 1-2.So,Thank you God. :clap3: In Q2,Mclaren were six tenths faster than Ferrari,which we can all read a little into.........what do you guys think? Is this the real gap or were Ferrari sandbagging?

"It was at the hairpin, I ran a bit off line and put some marbles on the tyre and lost the grip there and lost three tenths in that corner," said Alonso after qualifying.

"At the last chicane there was no point to risk and I brought car home. The first row will be enough for today and tomorrow we have another chance to win the race."

ok,my bad.

The Canadian GP is simply uncivilised. What kind of respectably Grand Prix would organise their race for 3am in the morning. My body wanted me to go to bed hours ago but my mind want me to stay up for another 75 minutes. Fortunately im still on a high because my football team won and i think that is the only thing keeping me awake.

I hereby would like to apologize to you on behalf of the millions of people who cause you so much inconvinience by insisting on living on wierd continents like Europe and America for instance.

Clearly this is not an issue that can be resolved by a VCR or a DVD-R so I am going to write a complaint to the FIA and insist that from now on they only organize races in Australia and Asia.

Or perhaps it is a better idea to simply relocate all those people to Australia so you can watch F1 at a more convenient time.

I assure you I will not rest untill this issue is resolved. :naughty:

Back on topic

Great job by Lewis Hamilton

Too bad about Alonso's final run

What is going on with the Ferrari's ?

Unless they are extremely heavy on fuel I think they have a big problem.

Hahahah I loved Ralf's excuses about the car, and traffic and marbles... he's asploding right in front of our eyes. He was putting in so many practice laps on Friday, too...

Did you see the smirk on Hamilton's face when Windsor was naming Alonso in P2 in the beginning of the press conference? Priceless...

What is going on with the Ferrari's ?

Unless they are extremely heavy on fuel I think they have a big problem.

Ferrari's problem is that they miss the leadership, commitment and development expertise of Schumi & Brawn.

I'm still puzzled that FA managed to make such a mistake at a critical point in the lap - <_<

:lol:

And no, I missed that unfortunately, Silas. :lol: I'm looking forward to finding out the fuel loads: as I say, it looked to me like Lewis has an extra lap perhaps. Welcome Silas!

Ferrari's problem is that they miss the leadership, commitment and development expertise of Schumi & Brawn.

I'm still puzzled that FA managed to make such a mistake at a critical point in the lap - <_<

Picking marbles at the hairpin sounds like a plausible explanation for that would have made him lose time on the straight. What he said about the last chicane makes sense too. In fact, I almost thought he was going to enter the pits at the time. So, no controversy there, unless somebody pulls the "that shows Alonso is worth nothing because Lewis outqualified him" troll phrase :boxing:

Damn! I was out with my GAA team celebrating our victory & we're into the final of this Championship competition & was'nt home till 8PM :angry::angry: ! Luckily, Setanta are showing it again at 10 but it's on at the same time as Ocean's 12 will be on (TV3 Ireland)! Guess it's quali for me!

Back on topic: He must have had some kind of a problem because he was doing fastest times at sectors 1 & 2.

A problem? Yes, his problem is he is being outclassed by boy wonder :roll:

A problem? Yes, his problem is he is being outclassed by boy wonder :roll:

Because Lewis qualified just ahead of Alonso? Wow! Then Barrichello who outqualified Schumi more than once must be the greatest driver alive! :eusa_think:

PS: Did anyone hear about Webber criticizing Speed after screwing up himself? He thinks with his good blokey talk he can get away with anything, since Speed sin't the most PR friendly driver around. Webber is so full of it, I wish he'd been penalised.

Picking marbles at the hairpin sounds like a plausible explanation for that would have made him lose time on the straight. What he said about the last chicane makes sense too. In fact, I almost thought he was going to enter the pits at the time. So, no controversy there, unless somebody pulls the "that shows Alonso is worth nothing because Lewis outqualified him" troll phrase :boxing:

I like the fact that Lewis is starting on pole, but the onboard of Alonso's last flyer clearly showed a bobble at the chicane and that likely cost him pole. Nothing more to say about it, really. The question is, who is starting with more fuel? If Alonso is lighter, expect him to overtake.....if not, then Hammy will likely win this one.

Great job by hamilton :D Alonso was quicker but made a mistake on the last lap. I hope Mclaren will let the two drivers race now, I think they are as quick as each other.

As for ferrari, they are slower than the mclaren now but expect them to get back soon, they got the experience to do that. Also kimi ahead of massa, a sign that he is back to his best?

Good job by heidfield, I reckon he is lighter than the two ferrari though.

I like the fact that Lewis is starting on pole, but the onboard of Alonso's last flyer clearly showed a bobble at the chicane and that likely cost him pole. Nothing more to say about it, really. The question is, who is starting with more fuel? If Alonso is lighter, expect him to overtake.....if not, then Hammy will likely win this one.

Hamilton is lighter. I am sure.

I thought he'd be slightly heavier Abbas?

Nothing that can't be sorted overnight. :whistling:

I thought he'd be slightly heavier Abbas?

i Cant always be right, but let us wait and see....from the way lewis was driving, I think Mclaren were letting him do what he wanted, I think they are using too different strategies here, which ever works out.