Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

Does Anyone Ride A Motorbike?

So, i'm having a mid-life crisis. I couldn't find a car that i wanted that was going to excite me more than the one i have without spending big money. My Dad rides, my best mate rides and a few other mates ride. I though i would take the plunge.

Yes, there are disadvantages; It's potentially dangerous. It's initially expensive. But when i heard people saying things like, "Steve, you MUST do this, you will LOVE it, i KNOW you will" etc it caught me in its tractor beam and pulled me in.

Now, the next silly thing i did was i bought a bike before i had my licence. My plan was going to be to do it the other way around but when i saw this bike come up for sale at about

I ride too Dribb...not so much since Mrs.ecapdeville is around, but I still love to do it...you have a really beautiful piece of machinery...congratulations...now drive safe and take care...believe me...when you are riding in highways...is almost like touching the sky...ahhh. :rolleyes:

http://www.bikepics.com/members/ecapde/05pulsar180/

I ride too Dribb...not so much since Mrs.ecapdeville is around, but I still love to do it...you have a really beautiful piece of machinery...congratulations...now drive safe and take care...believe me...when you are riding in highways...is almost like touching the sky...ahhh. :rolleyes:

I used to own the previous version of your bike, it had shorter wheelbase and serious design/engineering

flaws

I used to own the previous version of your bike, it had shorter wheelbase and serious design/engineering

flaws

I like my pulsar a lot...good Indian Tech. ^_^

Nice bike.

Pity about the owner though...

Nice bike.

Pity about the owner though...

I love you too...

I like my pulsar a lot...good Indian Tech. ^_^

Yep, Mine had the single spark tech. I like the latest Pulsars though, they handle like sports bikes, You should try it.

The owner bought [the bike] new 8 months ago, got his wife pregnant with twins, got told that they must have a father and was duly instructed to sell his pride and joy.

So how come he ended up selling the bike instead? No one wanted the wife and twins? :(

Nice bike Steve - have fun. Can't wait for my mid-life crisis! :D

Nice bike Steve :thbup:

I ride a scooter, well it's my Dad's Honda "Today" Scooter. It's a funny name for a scooter I think, because if you want to go somewhere tomorrow you should leave Today on this scooter!!! It's 49cc of pure power!!!! :lol:

Funny you mentioned that you got a bike I was talking to the girlfriend today about getting a Yamaha R6 or something along them lines.

Still thinking about it at this stage :eusa_think:

Funny you mentioned that you got a bike I was talking to the girlfriend today about getting a Yamaha R6 or something along them lines.

Still thinking about it at this stage :eusa_think:

Don't think about it too hard....do it! My bike has the R6 engine, albeit re-mapped for a broader torque curve. It's not as extreme as the R6. My best mate has an R1. It's just crazy bonkers insane!

Don't think about it too hard....do it! My bike has the R6 engine, albeit re-mapped for a broader torque curve. It's not as extreme as the R6. My best mate has an R1. It's just crazy bonkers insane!

Yeah your right, I should just get myself one, but the thing I need to think about is the house deposit :eusa_think:

Yeah your right, I should just get myself one, but the thing I need to think about is the house deposit :eusa_think:

Ooh, you didn't mention that. Time for my sensible head then; I had an MG Midget that i restored and had to sell when i bought my first house. It broke my heart at the time but looking back, it was the best thing i ever did. There is plenty of time for toys.

Of course, if you can do both....!

So, i'm having a mid-life crisis. I couldn't find a car that i wanted that was going to excite me more than the one i have without spending big money. My Dad rides, my best mate rides and a few other mates ride. I though i would take the plunge.

Yes, there are disadvantages; It's potentially dangerous. It's initially expensive. But when i heard people saying things like, "Steve, you MUST do this, you will LOVE it, i KNOW you will" etc it caught me in its tractor beam and pulled me in.

Now, the next silly thing i did was i bought a bike before i had my licence. My plan was going to be to do it the other way around but when i saw this bike come up for sale at about

Hope your first road rash isn't to painful............................

Your getting optimistic in your old age Bruce. I thought you were going to have a bet on how long i live.

Ooh, you didn't mention that. Time for my sensible head then; I had an MG Midget that i restored and had to sell when i bought my first house. It broke my heart at the time but looking back, it was the best thing i ever did. There is plenty of time for toys.

Of course, if you can do both....!

Yeah the house deposit really sucks!!

I've got one toy in the form of my HSV, which I got an attractive offer on last month which would of set me up nicely for a house deposit with cash left over for other things like new furniture, but put I just couldn't part with her I love her way too much, she will appreciate into a nice sum of money over the next 10 years.

You hear all too often people saying I wish I didn't sell my pride and joy, look at what their worth today. And plus, you can't race a house can you???

And plus, you can't race a house can you???

I thought that was what Montoya was doing? :naughty:

dont have 1 but did have a pretty crap accident on 1 a few years ago - i was a passenger & we skidded on a pile of stones going round the corner - i wen 1 way, my shoes another & the bike almost in field

I was very lucky as my friend only broke his thumb & i just cut the legs of myself with my knee bone cartlidge coming right through my skin - soooo painful, but could have been a lot worse - never been on 1 since!!!!

ps - i admit i was wearing a skirt as id been to a party so i probably deserved it :mellow:

HA! this thread has become to

"Has Anyone Had An Accident Riding A Motorbike?"

Okay, I had given my Pulsar180 (the older version to Ecapdeville's Pulsar) for a regular service and asked the mechaninc to get it tuned. And the bike was delivered back to me and the mechanic asked me to go for test runs. Dont expect them to have tracks like Ferrari's Fiorano. I had to test in the highway, I managed speed up to 125kph (on speedo) and over too a car (Diesel Indica). Guess the car driver was not happy with it, he chased me and while he tried to overtake me, he touched my silencer, just touch it, which made me loose the balance, I somehow tried to slow it down, infact I think I slowed it down to 80kph, but I still couldnt get the balance back! :wacko: finally the bike hit the road, and I was still holding the handle when the bike fell to its right side, but the crash guard protected my right leg, but I still got hurt, but then again I was wearing Jeans, which did its job well. Anyways, I feel lucky to be alive after that accident. :blush:

Ten years ago a friend of mine bought a new Suzuki Bandit 600. After having it for two weeks he took me out as a pillion passenger. We went on a great road that i know in Bedfordshire and entered a blind bend at approximately 70mph. The bend was a 40 mph corner tops. The road was initially a right hander which then flicked into a left before the road then straightened.

As we went wide and onto the grass i remember thinking that this was going to be bad and that if something was around the corner and we made it back onto the road that we would probably be killed. The bike went across the road with rear brake locked and hit a high grass verge. As it lifted off the ground, i let go and can remember no more.

When i came to, i could not see my friend and realised i was only wearing one boot. I climbed from the ditch and noticed a bone protruding from my wrist. I looked up and found my boot about three feet above my head in a bush. My friend was approximately 100 metres down the road with the bike laying across his leg. Adrenalin allowed me to move the bike. He was coughing blood.

He spent a week in intensive care, he broke his leg, collar bone, has a fracture in his kneck and spine and punctured a lung. I broke my wrist.

He has made a full recovery. I need to get on a bike and ride it. It's something i need to do.

Ten years ago a friend of mine bought a new Suzuki Bandit 600. After having it for two weeks he took me out as a pillion passenger. We went on a great road that i know in Bedfordshire and entered a blind bend at approximately 70mph. The bend was a 40 mph corner tops. The road was initially a right hander which then flicked into a left before the road then straightened.

As we went wide and onto the grass i remember thinking that this was going to be bad and that if something was around the corner and we made it back onto the road that we would probably be killed. The bike went across the road with rear brake locked and hit a high grass verge. As it lifted off the ground, i let go and can remember no more.

When i came to, i could not see my friend and realised i was only wearing one boot. I climbed from the ditch and noticed a bone protruding from my wrist. I looked up and found my boot about three feet above my head in a bush. My friend was approximately 100 metres down the road with the bike laying across his leg. Adrenalin allowed me to move the bike. He was coughing blood.

He spent a week in intensive care, he broke his leg, collar bone, has a fracture in his kneck and spine and punctured a lung. I broke my wrist.

He has made a full recovery. I need to get on a bike and ride it. It's something i need to do.

In many ways I feel lucky to be alive after having accidents riding two wheelers, I have had many narrow misses. Too many to mention and no one would really belive what I have to say unless they witnessed it. Oneday I woke up and made up my mind that I am too dangerous in a two wheeler, not responsible enough, and while riding a two wheeler, I am prone to have ego. Think I am the greatest motor racer alive, even better than Rossi. :blink: My Dad was the happiest man alive after he heard me saying that I wanted to sell the bike. I will own a sports bike later once I admit I am not the best, or else this ego will kill me. For now, I am happy driving cars! :blush: