Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

Does Anyone Ride A Motorbike?

I drive my TVS- Victor GLX - Indian made...

I think most of Indians have a motorcycle than a car....and to beat the traffic and to get gud mileage they prefer motorcycle over car....

well i do drive my car occasionally but i mostly use my motorcycle.....

I drive Pulsar 150 DTSi (black color). Purchased a week ago :D

:congrats::congrats: Which part of India do you live? Are there good roads for you to trash it?

:congrats::congrats: Which part of India do you live? Are there good roads for you to trash it?

relocated a week back to ahmedabad. previously was in mumbai

Think I am the greatest motor racer alive, even better than Rossi. :blink:

I know what you mean. Michael is so lucky i never took up F1.

I know what you mean. Michael is so lucky i never took up F1.

Some times when I drive I do think why they paid Micheal so much, when I am willing to do a better job for just 1million a season! :whistling::rolleyes::rolleyes:

After just one lap my neck would have twisted and the track's medical center would be trying desperately to bring me back to life with all their gadgets. Atleast I may get an helicopter ride to the hospital for free. :P

I don't, but I tried my friend's YAMAHA R1 and all I can say is that bike is one thrue beutie, maybe to powerfull for me 'couse I'm not tht good on it, but I'm thinking of buying R6 instead. Anybody drove R6 so far? :unsure:

I don't, but I tried my friend's YAMAHA R1 and all I can say is that bike is one thrue beutie, maybe to powerfull for me 'couse I'm not tht good on it, but I'm thinking of buying R6 instead. Anybody drove R6 so far? :unsure:

Firstly welcome to the Forum Rey :)

Your 100% correct, the Yamaha R1, it's a weapon, which commands respect. The R6 is like a learning formula that is wise to complete before making the step upto the powerful bike like the Yamaha R1.

Your 100% correct, the Yamaha R1, it's a weapon, which commands respect. The R6 is like a learning formula that is wise to complete before making the step upto the powerful bike like the Yamaha R1.

thnx for the advice mate, nice to be here :blush:

I have seen both of them zoom past me, but never been lucky to try them, damn you guys are lucky to atleast have something called roads! :(:( :( :(:(

So, after completing my Compulsory Basic Training, passing my theory test, having a refresher lesson on a 125cc motorcycle and four lessons of four hours duration each on a 500cc motorcycle, i am finally taking my full motorcycle test tomorrow morning at the scarily precise time of 9.07am.

It has been a humbling experience. It's a jungle out there and some motorists really do not know how to behave correctly on the road. It has given me a whole new respect for the discipline.

The Suzuki GS500 i have been riding has approximately 55 bhp. Riding my Yamaha is going to be a whole different ball game as it has nearly double the power. However, it has better suspension, better tyres and of course, much better brakes, so i'm hoping it's all relative.

I finally started to enjoy riding this afternoon, on my last lesson. The co-ordination became a knee jerk reaction so i could concentrate on the road conditions. Self preservation and safety is my primary concern at the moment. When i feel more confident i may start to explore the boundaries, but that is a long way off yet, i have an enormous amount to learn.

It's been great to learn something new. In your mid thirties you begin to think that you have a handle on most things in the world. Realising that this isn't the case has been incredibly invigorating.

If i pass tomorrow i would love to by you all a virtual beer!

If i pass tomorrow i would love to by you all a virtual beer!

I'll pay shipping and handling if you FedEx me a real one.

As for bikes, I don't ride a motorcycle, though I've been tempted to try. My friends are into dirt biking, and I've done a bit of it. Even more fun than karting, by a mile. I'm planning on buying my own dirt bike soon, just for kicks. The only problem is that I live in the city and my cars are a GTI and my girl's Mazda3, which aren't exactly cars you put a dirtbike in.

So, Steve, that means you think you are not better than Rossi? ^_^

Pity you! :P

Bah, leave it, all the best, and ride safely, you got a very powerful bike.

If When i pass tomorrow i would love to by you all a virtual beer!

Just a small ajustment to your post there buddy :D

All the best tomorrow, Steve :D

Good luck Steve, hope your medical is paid up........opps that's right you have national health care over there, hmmmmmm good luck. ;)

Just a small ajustment to your post there buddy :D

All the best tomorrow, Steve :D

Thanks Nate, it's all good, i passed. Just didn't want to be c#cky about it!

Good luck Steve, hope your medical is paid up........opps that's right you have national health care over there, hmmmmmm good luck. ;)

So far, so good Bruce. Went out for three hours this arvo and didn't fall off once. Had a Trulli train behind me, but i didn't fall off!

So far, so good Bruce. Went out for three hours this arvo and didn't fall off once. Had a Trulli train behind me, but i didn't fall off!

:lol:

Thanks Nate, it's all good, i passed. Just didn't want to be c#cky about it!

That's good. I just picked up my Honda CBR1000RR this morning, loaded it in the van and brought it home since it was an out-of-state purchase and I'm not licensed yet (just a permit). I think overseas/outside the US yall refer to it as the Fireblade. Sweet bike, I only had a chance to get a few practice starts on it around the yard, I don't have frame sliders yet. If you don't have frame sliders/bar ends/spools on your bike, they are an excellent option if you're a new rider.

You guys asking about the R6/R1, my brother has an R1, it is sick. I decided to go straight for a litrebike rather than the 600 if you are a new rider (what I and my brother did for out first bikes and I am still a newb, too) because the 600s are so close to race bikes and are far less forgiving than their larger siblings. Besides, you'll eventually end up getting the litrebike later on. ;)

Pics:

P1070097.jpg

P1070099.jpg

P1070100.jpg

That is indeed what we call a Fireblade across the pond here. That is one fine bike mate, nice one!

Thanks for the compliments, people. The pictures doen't even do it justice.

Dribbler, you mentioned a Compulsory course. In the States ( at least I know for sure in Delaware and Virginia) the basic rider's course (BRC) by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) is not mandatory, the Department of Motor vehicles of either state waives the state road test if you take the BRC. The two states have such difficult courses they are designed to make people fail and/or dissuade them from taking the road test without taking the BRC. I honestly don't see how anybody got their licenses without taking the BRC.

Thanks for the compliments, people. The pictures doen't even do it justice.

Dribbler, you mentioned a Compulsory course. In the States ( at least I know for sure in Delaware and Virginia) the basic rider's course (BRC) by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) is not mandatory, the Department of Motor vehicles of either state waives the state road test if you take the BRC. The two states have such difficult courses they are designed to make people fail and/or dissuade them from taking the road test without taking the BRC. I honestly don't see how anybody got their licenses without taking the BRC.

The more difficult, the better, i say. There are already too many idiots on the road. How i got through the net, god only knows!

Did 230 miles today. Rode to Norwich to see my sister. Must do some work tomorrow!

Anybody still riding? the weather's been cooling down around here and it's about perfect today and tomorrow.