Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

Does Anyone Ride A Motorbike?

Yeah heard that one many times. My missus is a radiographer; she calls smoker's "job security".

Uh oh! My mum was a radiographer...

I ride motorbikes, on Midnight Club LA! Kawasaki Ninja is lethal, could probs hit 240mph+ if I stop crashing!

Ninja's (or 'clits' as we call them because every c*nt has one) are ridden the same in real life.

I want to go back to bikes. I had a Ducati 500 about 10 years ago, but I smashed myself up. (Head injuries - didn't add to already what wasn't there!!!!!)

Do you think a Suzuki TL1000s is too strong for me to start back in on?

Love the signature......:-)

Ninja's (or 'clits' as we call them because every c*nt has one) are ridden the same in real life.
There's also a Ducati 999R in it!

Today I finally admitted defeat and used the cage instead of Big Blue. Although the main roads are gritted, my road isn't. I have done just over 10k miles on it since May. I fitted heated grips last month which are bloody brilliant and proof that I'm approaching 'uncool old gitdom'.

It's going to feel awesome when the grip comes back in the spring. It's hilarious just how gentle you have to be with 145 bhp and 200 kgs. Great experience.

Well.

I've just dragged this up because I'm in a crisis. Well, not really.

I've just bought and fitted new cans to my TL. I did this so would improve the sale once I market it.

However, I took it for a blast before and I can't sell it. I just can't. This bike is as much a part of me as is my dominant left hand.

But I so badly want a new one. I'm loving the Agusta F4, The FZ1, GSXR750, R1, R6, Fireblade and of course the Hayabusa.

But I think the bike of my dreams is a Ducati 999.

I'm stuck. I want a new one but my old faithful widowmaker will never forgive me.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm not a nervous rider nor am I a showboat maniac. Any reco's?

I know the forum is limited on females, but I would love to hear from any other or potential female bikers too.

Thanks.

The Agusta F4 is one of the sexiest things on two wheels. Would be tough to go wrong with that. Of course anything on your list would work quite nicely except for maybe the 'busa. They are just too damned big. Kind of like the muscle car of motorcycles, not really good for much except a straight line.

The Agusta F4 is one of the sexiest things on two wheels. Would be tough to go wrong with that. Of course anything on your list would work quite nicely except for maybe the 'busa. They are just too damned big. Kind of like the muscle car of motorcycles, not really good for much except a straight line.

Yeah. Its long wheel base is a bit off putting. The F4 is certainly appealing. I think will see if there's one nearish to where I live.

Thanks James!

No problem. Another suggestion, straying a bit from the list you provided, is a vintage BMW airhead. Very classy and super reliable.

This particular one is very near and dear to my heart.

post-1780-12707860093_thumb.jpg

Yamaha FZ1

Deposit paid. Something to look forward to. Isn't she ****ing sexy?

Won't be able to ride her for a long time, but she's mine!

Edit. Typo.

post-904-127557538532_thumb.jpg

You know, it's the fact that you have to think for the idiots that appeals to me. It's all part of the discipline. Ride within your limits and always to the conditions, never be tempted to go out with anything other than the full gear on and ALWAYS think for the fools. Ride by these rules and it's difficult to gow wrong. Most accidents involve people saying "Suddenly, a car pulled out on me". It sounds pompous but if you are on it one hundred percent, nothing happens suddenly. It just means you have been going too fast and have not anticipated the hazard. I see guys hooning around on roads with no regard for the conditions, nothing in reserve if they have to stop; these are the guys who are going to fall off.

With all the respect in the world. Thats the most arrogant thing I've read from you!

We've argued about it before but feel like I have to say this.

My accident was at a roundabout. I looked carefully before pulling off. There was nothing there at all. I didn't even see or remember what happened next.

The witnesses said that a car came flying out of nowhere, straight across the roundabout and hit me right full on side impact throwing me into the air and across the road onto the wall.

The guy was drunk.

He was NOT there when I pulled off.

I don't know how you can say you see everything coming. You do have to think for idiots, but you also have to prepare for the things you just do not and cannot see or foretell. Not unless your name is Derek Acorah and even then, he's a fake.

I'm sorry Steve, but some things are unescapable. Have you never had an accident?

If not then good fortune favours you my friend. I want what you have!

I wouldn't ride that if you drugged me and told me it was Jensen Ackles. :lol:

I wouldn't ride that if you drugged me and told me it was Jensen Ackles. :lol:

Why not? that's a nice bike, I know I don't know much about that topic but this one looks better than the ones you like :whistling:

:waccoe1:

f1-2007-gen-xp-1290.jpg

Its disgusting, no offence. For me, I prefer neat, streamlined sport bikes. That is a monstrosity. But Thats no reflection on you Tommy.

Yamaha FZ8

Deposit paid. Something to look forward to. Isn't she ****ing sexy?

Won't be able to ride her for a long time, but she's mine!

That's an FZ1. The FZ8 doesn't have a centre stand. Enjoy.

Have you never had an accident?

No. Does that make me smug? Sorry if it does. I hope I never do. Maybe I shouldn't be riding a bike because the overriding feeling for me is not one of joy and laughter, it's concentration and mild fear. If you are going to beat the traffic and get there before the cars, you have to pay a price. That price is the relaxation and complacency that comes with driving a car. As you well know, the feeling is worth the sacrifice.

I have ridden with guys who have accidents in front of me. One of them was down to pure stupidity and running out of talent, the other one was easy to anticipate if he had been looking further down the road and had anticipated the fact a car was pulling out. He didn't.

It really winds me up when I hear bikers saying "the w*anker pulled out on me...blah". You have to give car drivers a chance too. They're not expecting you to be in places where you are. They're also not expecting you to be going as fast as you are. It's all well and good blaming someone else when accidents happen but a lot of the time its people's poor judgement; you have to allow for it. I'm not saying you didn't. Clearly, a drunk driver is not a foe anyone biker wants to be on the same stretch of tarmac as.

I typed 8 instead of 1. My error.

Want to see the deposit docs?

Its disgusting, no offence. For me, I prefer neat, streamlined sport bikes. That is a monstrosity. But Thats no reflection on you Tommy.

I think I will have to reconsider my taste as I had you and the bike at the same level :P probably you are not that good looking as I thought :whistling: but I prefer to think that this bike is not a mostrosity as you think :unsure:

Ten years ago a friend of mine bought a new Suzuki Bandit 600. After having it for two weeks he took me out as a pillion passenger. We went on a great road that i know in Bedfordshire and entered a blind bend at approximately 70mph. The bend was a 40 mph corner tops. The road was initially a right hander which then flicked into a left before the road then straightened.

As we went wide and onto the grass i remember thinking that this was going to be bad and that if something was around the corner and we made it back onto the road that we would probably be killed. The bike went across the road with rear brake locked and hit a high grass verge. As it lifted off the ground, i let go and can remember no more.

When i came to, i could not see my friend and realised i was only wearing one boot. I climbed from the ditch and noticed a bone protruding from my wrist. I looked up and found my boot about three feet above my head in a bush. My friend was approximately 100 metres down the road with the bike laying across his leg. Adrenalin allowed me to move the bike. He was coughing blood.

He spent a week in intensive care, he broke his leg, collar bone, has a fracture in his kneck and spine and punctured a lung. I broke my wrist.

He has made a full recovery. I need to get on a bike and ride it. It's something i need to do.

You've never had an accident then?

I know you weren't in control, and maybe its a bad example but surely you see my point?

I typed 8 instead of 1. My error.

Want to see the deposit docs?

22556_0_1_2_fz1_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg

So you think this is a better looking bike? I must be missing something but like I said I don't know about bikes but I think I know about somehting looking good, just let me show you. :naughty:

4541xr6.jpg

22556_0_1_2_fz1_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg

So you think this is a better looking bike? I must be missing something but like I said I don't know about bikes but I think I know about somehting looking good, just let me show you. naughty.gif

4541xr6.jpg

Q: What's the difference between a bike & a woman?

A: You can ride a bike any time you want to.