Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

Does Anyone Ride A Motorbike?

I typed 8 instead of 1. My error.

Want to see the deposit docs?

So what is it you are actually buying, an FZ1, FZ8, a Fazer 1000 or a Fazer 800?

You've never had an accident then?

I know you weren't in control, and maybe its a bad example but surely you see my point?

Sorry, i thought we were talking about motorcycle accidents where we were riding, in control? The fact that I was not in control is precisely why I don't see your point.

FZ1. I've had the 8 on the brain though and wondering whether or not I've made the right choice now.

Well. I concede. I obviously haven't a clue what I'm talking about, can't be bothered to argue. Yep. It was my fault. I should have looked around the bend with my X-ray vision, pre-empted a drunk driver smashing me off the road, got up- told him off and then walked home.

Thats right. Sarcasm.

To add. My point was the best of us do at some time.

The first one i had was completely my fault. Young, gung-ho and an arrogant twat out to prove the boys wrong. The second one wasn't, at all. I resent the fact that some people would say 'should have looked harder' but I DID. I couldn't check any more if I tried!

Since the first one, i have been extremely careful always leaving room for errors, judging what others were going to do, wearing the whole kit, and if I let it go a little I could usually see for miles ahead.

I'm not part of a biker group, so haven't had the pleasure of learning from others. I know I could improve. Even the most experienced bike rider could. But I KNOW that I'm probably twice as careful as you and just as disciplined.

It matters not anyway. I know your thoughts. But I wanted to get this out my system.

To add. My point was the best of us do at some time.

The first one i had was completely my fault. Young, gung-ho and an arrogant twat out to prove the boys wrong. The second one wasn't, at all. I resent the fact that some people would say 'should have looked harder' but I DID. I couldn't check any more if I tried!

Since the first one, i have been extremely careful always leaving room for errors, judging what others were going to do, wearing the whole kit, and if I let it go a little I could usually see for miles ahead.

I'm not part of a biker group, so haven't had the pleasure of learning from others. I know I could improve. Even the most experienced bike rider could. But I KNOW that I'm probably twice as careful as you and just as disciplined.

It matters not anyway. I know your thoughts. But I wanted to get this out my system.

I see you are in a seriuos topic today and is that really my field so I won't continue bothering you today, that is until I see that you are back to normal again. ;)

Sorry Tommy.

Steve. Maybe I overreacted a little, apologies. But then I guess it takes more than that to p**s you off!

-cue rant from Dribbler, ensuing in bloodshed- ;)

Q: What's the difference between a bike & a woman?

A: You can ride a bike any time you want to.

:lol: That's true, I don't know how I missed this one, women should learn from bikes but what about a man who ride bikes and have a woman who ride bikes, when he is not riding the bike he can ride the woman unles the woman is riding the bike :wacko: or they can ride the bike together and then...whatever, that's too complicated for me.

It is possible to ride your man/lady on a bike, but not while riding the bike cause thats just stupid. :lol:

laugh.gif That's true, I don't know how I missed this one, women should learn from bikes but what about a man who ride bikes and have a woman who ride bikes, when he is not riding the bike he can ride the woman unles the woman is riding the bike wacko.gif or they can ride the bike together and then...whatever, that's too complicated for me.

Wow, Tommy, riding a lady while riding a bike? Awesome. Gold.

In that case, I think both the heads would need protection. And I'm not talking about the lady.

Wow, Tommy, riding a lady while riding a bike? Awesome. Gold.

In that case, I think both the heads would need protection. And I'm not talking about the lady.

:lol: This thread is slowly becoming my favorite. :clap3: ins't this the best joke ever? :eusa_think:

Have seen my next bike. Must...resist, but it's difficult.

2011-Kawasaki-Z1000SX-1.jpg

If you care, it's a Kawazaki Z1000sx

So my friend and motorcycle instructor threw me the keys to his bike last night. A brand new BMW S1000RR.

I'm a sceptic, I don't like sportsbikes; always encouraging you to ride too fast, uncomfortable because you are on your wrists. I was not prepared for what happened.

The BMW S1000RR weighs 190kg. It has 193bhp. It is highly chuckable. The suspension is firm and planted but amazingly compliant. All the controls feel like they have been hewn out of rock. The switchgear is classy, precise and wonderful. Everything falls easy to hand and foot. The brakes are not of this world; incredible bite, no fade, progressive and balanced.

You do not push-pull on the bars to induce counter steering; instead you think it through a bend and it goes where you are looking. Mid corner bumps are shrugged off as asphalt nothing.

The power is something truely mind warping. I have never riden a bike that tries to pull your arms from their sockets....until now. The roll on at three figure speeds just made me giggle. The accelaration is linear and never ending. After just ten minutes, I was comfortably riding at speeds through corners that I would not be able to do on my Fazer if I was muscling it like crazy.

This is the best motorcycle in the world, of that I'm in no doubt. I now need to find £12k. And a good divorce lawyer.