Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niall McBride

Hamilton's Helmet

This probably was discuss before since I haven't been around much these days but any of yous notice his helmet looks similar to the helmet of a certain world champion? :eusa_think:

hamilton-ricard.jpg

P883212.jpg

Interesting ;)

Let's hope he has a long and successful career and doesn't have his career ended prematurely .

I thought the same thing when I first saw it. But the explanation of the bright colour is that his dad Anthony Hamilton wanted his son to have a bright colour that stood out, so that he could tell which go-kart was Lewis! Hence the bright yellow

Well, as my wife tells me - there is only so much you can do with a helmet.

^_^

I don't like the helmet... I can't stand to look at it, ever since I first saw it. I don't remember hating Senna's helmet though...

I don't mind his helmet, it goes against the current trend of drivers making slight changes to the colours of their helmets to suit the livery of the team they drive for.

This probably was discuss before since I haven't been around much these days but any of yous notice his helmet looks similar to the helmet of a certain world champion? :eusa_think:

hamilton-ricard.jpg

P883212.jpg

Indeed, they've been saying it constantly in brazilian tv here :) Actually they're trying (our tv channel) to make us support him as Flipper is not really making such an amazing job... They've used to constantly compare him to Robinho (Real Madrid brazilian player)... <_< stupid tv

You know whose helmet is really similar to Senna's?! Bruno Senna. Shocker. I know.

As for Lewis's helmet, I guess Spyker and Williams should take him to court when the series goes back to Europe for customer helmets, which should become legal in 2008.

-Eric

You scare me.

I may add that to my sig - 'I give Autumpuma the heeby jeebies'. Admittedly, not as impressive as 'I choked Linda Lovelace', but beggars can't be choosers! :lol:

I thought everybody knew that Hamilton is a big fan of Senna, he said that numerous times. The yellow helmet with the colors of the brazilian flag around is an obvious homage to Ayrton.

Sorry for the bump, I was doing some research on Google and ended up finding this thread :P

I thought everybody knew that Hamilton is a big fan of Senna, he said that numerous times. The yellow helmet with the colors of the brazilian flag around is an obvious homage to Ayrton.

Sorry for the bump, I was doing some research on Google and ended up finding this thread :P

From what I've read, the yellow is so that he stood out so his Dad could see him (see my earlier post). Not a homage to Senna!

Yeah, but it's not just the yellow, it's also the green/yellow/blue (brazilian flag colors) stripes on the back/side, just like Senna had. Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.

From what I've read, the yellow is so that he stood out so his Dad could see him (see my earlier post). Not a homage to Senna!

Nope - It was indeed a copy of Senna's. He was Hamiltons 'hero' - how sweet :mf_tongue: - read this in the Guardian when Hamilton was starting 2007 season. He's had his Senna-like helmet from the start of karting for that reason. Nothing to do with his dad wanting to know which one was his son.

He has since claimed the daddy story, but only because he got slammed for comparing himself to the late Senna too much for others to stomach - when the initial success went a little to his head in the middle of last season.

Sorry.

Nope - It was indeed a copy of Senna's. He was Hamiltons 'hero' - how sweet :mf_tongue: - read this in the Guardian when Hamilton was starting 2007 season.

Well someone better write in to Speed, because they've been repeating the "So dad could see me story" quite often.

But either way, it's not like Senna's still driving and we're going to get them confused. At least he sticks with a helmet design and doesn't change it every time the wind changes direction.

Hamilton wears a helmet, so does Kimi, and Webber, and Massa, and Alonso, and Button, and Glock, oh you get the idea.

Anyway I like Looowis' helmet, whatever his reason for picking the colours. Although I'd prefer it if they only had 21 helmets to give out, and at each GP all the drivers had to run along the main straight to get one, that way we'd know who really was the fastest driver.

Hamilton wears a helmet, so does Kimi, and Webber, and Massa, and Alonso, and Button, and Glock, oh you get the idea.

Anyway I like Looowis' helmet, whatever his reason for picking the colours. Although I'd prefer it if they only had 21 helmets to give out, and at each GP all the drivers had to run along the main straight to get one, that way we'd know who really was the fastest driver.

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe hamilton is a big fan of senna. :lol:

Last year he wanted to be like Kimi and Senna. This year he wants to be like Rafael Nadal. Either way he's still a !@#$%^

Last year he wanted to be like Kimi and Senna. This year he wants to be like Rafael Nadal. Either way he's still a !@#$%^

The colours on his helmet is attributed to his Jamaican heritage.

That's not very Christian.......