Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ducado

Fox Tv

Anyone any idea what time (Eastern) fox is broadcasting the French and British GP? I understand it is a taped version.

1 Eastern for France, 12:30 Eastern for Britain. Also, Brazil will be tape delayed on SPEED later in the year, I forget what time, but I think it was 1 Eastern.

-Eric

1 Eastern for France, 12:30 Eastern for Britain. Also, Brazil will be tape delayed on SPEED later in the year, I forget what time, but I think it was 1 Eastern.

-Eric

Thank you so much

I wish I could get live feed somehow. The races aren't fun during the afternoon when I have stuff to do and I know who won. Is getting a rating increase from 0.8-ish to 1.0-ish really worth it? Stop trying to NASCAR-ize F1 popularity in the US is what I say. As long as it's popular enough for a USGP and coverage of the race and qualy live, I'm fine.

-Eric

Ok, I'm really getting annoyed with this Fox thing. I've completely missed the French GP because my DVR record all the Speed coverage, and they only have Practice and Qual.

How many races are going to end up on Fox anyway?

after the british gp it will be back on speed.

i know what you mean with the coverage on fox, it was ok when they were at least doin the races live but now they delay them till noonish. they ought to play them live on speed and play it again on fox later in the day.

I've got a solution for any of you who don't like tape delays and find timing and scoring with no picture to be boring...

SopCast

Simply go there, dowload it, open with WinZip, install, and then open it. To watch F1, the channel you want is ESPN Sports (ESPN Asia), you should see it, I think it's channel 016. I think it's in English, you could also watch it on Star Sports, but that's in Chinese (I think). The race starts at 8:00 AM Eastern, so that is when you should open up SopCast and ESPN Sports. However, if you are interested in a pre-race, there is an hour-long show that starts at 7:00 AM Eastern. There is also a full postrace if you are interested. This should also make watching the race and having timing & scoring (formula1.com) open at the same time easy if you do not have a laptop.

If you do choose to watch the British Grand Prix on FOX, it is on at 1 PM Eastern and not 12:30 as my previous post said.

-Eric

Ok, I'm really getting annoyed with this Fox thing. I've completely missed the French GP because my DVR record all the Speed coverage, and they only have Practice and Qual.

How many races are going to end up on Fox anyway?

SpeedTV will be re-broadcasting the French GP this coming week-end. Sopcast worked well for live coverage....but the video quality is not so good.

You can also find the iTV coverage on-line (not live)...if you look in the right places. :nono1:

I've got a solution for any of you who don't like tape delays and find timing and scoring with no picture to be boring...

SopCast

Simply go there, dowload it, open with WinZip, install, and then open it. To watch F1, the channel you want is ESPN Sports (ESPN Asia), you should see it, I think it's channel 016. I think it's in English, you could also watch it on Star Sports, but that's in Chinese (I think). The race starts at 8:00 AM Eastern, so that is when you should open up SopCast and ESPN Sports. However, if you are interested in a pre-race, there is an hour-long show that starts at 7:00 AM Eastern. There is also a full postrace if you are interested. This should also make watching the race and having timing & scoring (formula1.com) open at the same time easy if you do not have a laptop.

If you do choose to watch the British Grand Prix on FOX, it is on at 1 PM Eastern and not 12:30 as my previous post said.

-Eric

I tried your link to SopCast but I received an error signal. Any ideas why?

I got the error, too. Try going to sopcast.com

Then on the front page you'll see a link that says SopCast 1.1.2

Click that link and the downloading should start.

-Eric

err- nothing to say, except why speed is rebroadcasting the French GP at 2 PM on Friday???

I got the error, too. Try going to sopcast.com

Then on the front page you'll see a link that says SopCast 1.1.2

Click that link and the downloading should start.

-Eric

I tried this but I use a MAC. Will it work for me?