Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

What Did We Do Wrong?

We were getting a lot of good new members, then all of a sudden they disappeared, along with many oldies, and now we seem to be attracting a certain kind of member, almost exclusively. Why? :( It's becoming a hangout for rabid abusive 'fans' and teenagers.

Thats pretty rich coming from a ferrari vigilante like you cav.

We were getting a lot of good new members, then all of a sudden they disappeared, along with many oldies, and now we seem to be attracting a certain kind of member, almost exclusively. Why? :( It's becoming a hangout for rabid abusive 'fans' and teenagers.

Glad i'm not the only one to notice. I'm hanging by a thread at the moment. Russ and Mike are absent and it shows.

And bald men! :whistling:

Now, before you two engange in one of your endless petty bickerings: none of you belongs to the categories Cav mentioned above, except when arguing against each other or growing impatient on the habitual chain of misunderstandings on the net. Both are very capable of backing your points with well constructed reasonings. Cav's heart belongs to Ferrari, Shane's to Alonso, don't bother in denying it. None of you is a troll when it comes to your favorite driver/team, except for your tendency to get riled up and start spewing insults all around.

Both have shown that you can recognize sometimes when you get too worked up on some issue and calm down. You don't have to like each other, of course. There are some members here I dislike, yet I try to not let that dislike translate into my posts (I hope I succeeded).

Cav, in his own peculiar way of putting things, is right. That is something some of us have been wondering but didn't mention out loud: the forums have lost some substance in favor of fanbois fights and pubescent idol following coincidentally with the disappeareance of many of our most illustrious members. I know what you mean, Cav! But getting into more petty bickering will certainly don't help improve the forums to the old days (which I sadly missed, by the way as I am rather new). There are still many intelligent, capable and knowledgeable members around, let's not drive them out, too with childish arguments, shall we?

Now, before you two engange in one of your endless petty bickerings: none of you belongs to the categories Cav mentioned above, except when arguing against each other or growing impatient on the habitual chain of misunderstandings on the net. Both are very capable of backing your points with well constructed reasonings. Cav's heart belongs to Ferrari, Shane's to Alonso, don't bother in denying it. None of you is a troll when it comes to your favorite driver/team, except for your tendency to get riled up and start spewing insults all around.

Both have shown that you can recognize sometimes when you get too worked up on some issue and calm down. You don't have to like each other, of course. There are some members here I dislike, yet I try to not let that dislike translate into my posts (I hope I succeeded).

Cav, in his own peculiar way of putting things, is right. That is something some of us have been wondering but didn't mention out loud: the forums have lost some substance in favor of fanbois fights and pubescent idol following coincidentally with the disappeareance of many of our most illustrious members. I know what you mean, Cav! But getting into more petty bickering will certainly don't help improve the forums to the old days (which I sadly missed, by the way as I am rather new). There are still many intelligent, capable and knowledgeable members around, let's not drive them out, too with childish arguments, shall we?

Let us lead by example.

Thing is QO, there are 2 key differences between myself and Cavallino

1: I do not specifically go out of my way to wind up every person in existance

2: I am also a fan of McLaren, and bear lewis no grudges. When Alonso loses I can accept it without blaming everyone else, but with Cav and Ferrari he just looks for the easiest answer to discredit their opponents

I suggest responding only to the better posts. After getting no responses, the lowest posters will be forced to leave or up thier game. Draconian I suppose, but effective.

I think that the whole forum concept requires a certain level of commitment!Personally I joined after the Rascasse-gate after reading all the wild accusations in here for MS and then remained, at a certain level though!I read the site and the forum daily and many times a day but I can't possibly take part all the time.My guess is the most active members eventually become tired!Furthermore all these are happening because of one fact alone... Ms's retirement :( We no longer have nothing to argue about and the races are so politically correct that all the topic posters do is recycle the news :(:eusa_think:

Thats pretty rich coming from a ferrari vigilante like you cav.

Thing is QO, there are 2 key differences between myself and Cavallino

1: I do not specifically go out of my way to wind up every person in existance

2: I am also a fan of McLaren, and bear lewis no grudges. When Alonso loses I can accept it without blaming everyone else, but with Cav and Ferrari he just looks for the easiest answer to discredit their opponents

:clap3:

Yeah, I was noticing this as well. I don't know why this forum gets so many one-post wonders, but I wouldn't write them all off yet. I posted once or twice and then didn't come back for a month or so.

As for the usual gang, people do have lives outside of the forums. I don't include myself in the usual gang as I post sporadically and haven't even hit 100 posts, but I do know that I like to take a break from here from time to time, so I'm sure they do, too.

-Eric

Edit: I must be pretty dumb, I do have over 100 posts, but still, I don't include myself in the usual gang.

I think that the whole forum concept requires a certain level of commitment!Personally I joined after the Rascasse-gate after reading all the wild accusations in here for MS and then remained, at a certain level though!I read the site and the forum daily and many times a day but I can't possibly take part all the time.My guess is the most active members eventually become tired!Furthermore all these are happening because of one fact alone... Ms's retirement :( We no longer have nothing to argue about and the races are so politically correct that all the topic posters do is recycle the news :(:eusa_think:

I dunno, theres plenty of Ferrari fans around here that just rip on Alonso for daring to beat their god. Why don't you just join em :P

I dunno, theres plenty of Ferrari fans around here that just rip on Alonso for daring to beat their god. Why don't you just join em :P

That must be because I don't really think of Alonso as having beaten MS !FA in my mind has shown none of the qualities I use to see in MS(the ones that distinguished him from other drivers) !Surely many people agree with me!Alonso is fast in a fast car.But then again who isn't :eusa_think: ??

You mean the quality of driving his competitors off the road? yep he was unique in that sense alright :D

You mean the quality of driving his competitors off the road? yep he was unique in that sense alright :D

At least he wasn't the one going off the road hunting beavers :D

The kind of quality I'm talking about is rather visible on the time tables and by watching the driver on the race track.Alonso is a dull driver.When MS was still in the race he could always win no matter the circumstances. We just don't see that anymore.Race after race I patiently wait for Kimi to perform some similar magic but it looks like I'm gonna have to wait a bit longer :huh::eusa_think:

Kimi won't perform that magic. Sorry to burst your bubble, but he is nothing like the calibre of Michael

I suggest responding only to the better posts. After getting no responses, the lowest posters will be forced to leave or up thier game. Draconian I suppose, but effective.

I'm not going to reply to that.

Curious to see how man Canadians are still active posters since JV has left the sport.

The thread had nothing to do with him, it is only his inherent paranoia which made his launch a vehement defence. He refers to me in every other post, he vastly overestimates his importance in the cav universe.

It's not an individual problem and pointing at people would not help. I made the thread because some people will know exactly what I mean and perhaps they'll drop by more.

That only works if the numbers favour you.

Curious to see how man Canadians are still active posters since JV has left the sport.

Off topic, but actually they aren't, they've suddenly popped again when the JV threads came up. (Simple fact there, no offence)

The thread had nothing to do with him, it is only his inherent paranoia which made his launch a vehement defence. He refers to me in every other post, he vastly overestimates his importance in the cav universe.

It's not an individual problem and pointing at people would not help. I made the thread because some people will know exactly what I mean and perhaps they'll drop by more.

That only works if the numbers favour you.

Off topic, but actually they aren't, they've suddenly popped again when the JV threads came up. (Simple fact there, no offence)

Fair enough, I just wanted to avoid a fight...it reduces the quality of your posts and Shane's :P

And if you both want to hate me for sticking my nose where I was not called, you have every right to do so!

I have no idea why I do these things! Believe me I am not like this in real life! :lol:

I have nothing else to add, not worth bothering with tbh :P

Fair enough, I just wanted to avoid a fight...it reduces the quality of your posts and Shane's :P

Check your PMs, this is just dragging things off topic.