Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussief1

Vettel To Sub For Kubica At Indy

Better to be safe than sorry, I guess :D

Go home Robert put your feet, up we'll see you in Magny - Cours on the 29th June all fit and healthy.

)(*^%$@%$@$32)_0-&*&^$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mf_tongue::mf_tongue:

GRRRRRRHGH!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!

no no no no NO!

OK, I had my fit :naughty:

)(*^%$@%$@$32)_0-&*&^$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mf_tongue::mf_tongue:

GRRRRRRHGH!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!

no no no no NO!

OK, I had my fit :naughty:

Is that French for "I'd rather see Kubica race"? :P

I'd like to see Vettel have a go. I enjoyed watching him in practice at the Melbourne GP this year. His laps were quick and smooth, besides, I agree, Kubica should enjoy a weekend off surely.

Is that French for "I'd rather see Kubica race"? :P

I'd like to see Vettel have a go. I enjoyed watching him in practice at the Melbourne GP this year. His laps were quick and smooth, besides, I agree, Kubica should enjoy a weekend off surely.

He needs to do exactly the opposite. He needs to train twice as hard and long. He needs to do everything he does every day and them some. He needs to take the accident and take it as a stepping stone and become better from it. Though he has far less time to do it, he needs to do exactly the same thing Schumi did after he broke his leg. In Malaysia in '99 Schumi had not raced for 6 races and he made the rest of the field look like grade schoolers, even Mika, and he still let Eddie by to give him a chance at the WDC. Thats what Kubi needs to do.

He needs to do exactly the opposite. He needs to train twice as hard and long. He needs to do everything he does every day and them some. He needs to take the accident and take it as a stepping stone and become better from it. Though he has far less time to do it, he needs to do exactly the same thing Schumi did after he broke his leg. In Malaysia in '99 Schumi had not raced for 6 races and he made the rest of the field look like grade schoolers, even Mika, and he still let Eddie by to give him a chance at the WDC. Thats what Kubi needs to do.

I see your point, I think he should do all those things except race this weekend. After a shunt like that, A team wouldn't be wise to have him back in the car less than a week later IMO.

Yes I agree Jez, SV was very impressive on the Friday sessions in Melbourne. I'm looking forward to seeing what this guy can do straight out of the box in comparision to LH Melbourne performance.

It's wise decision. I have learnt that NFL players skip at least a week after having a concussion, cause another concussion could mean serious brain damage. So skip one GP is just right thing to do.

but if this is just due to "too earlyto race again" policy, why didn't they tell it the day after he went out of the hospital. I guess it would be much more time for Sebastian to prepare.

SV & TG would have been preparing themselves both physically and mentally as soon as they heard of the accident in Canada.

SV & TG would have been preparing themselves both physically and mentally as soon as they heard of the accident in Canada.

Yeah, I know, but situation is little different when your told "you are going to race, prepare" and different when "you , or maybe Timo , may or may not , have to substitute for Robert, but in fact he feels OK"

Yeah, I know, but situation is little different when your told "you are going to race, prepare" and different when "you , or maybe Timo , may or may not , have to substitute for Robert, but in fact he feels OK"

Your right there is a small difference between you being told that you might drive to being told you're defiantly driving at Indy, but all in all they are professional drivers they would / should be prepared to jump into the car at the drop of a hat so to speak.

Good call.

Sure is.

we shouldnt judge Vettel by this race though, it would be unfair. If he brings the car home to the finish then that will be a good job. If he gets points, thats brilliant

Robert needs to be fully recovered and 100% fit before he gets back in the car. So I think it is wise to substitute him with Vettel. We'll see how well vettel will be doing in the race.

while we're on the subject, can someone tell me what experience Vettel has? What was he doing in 2006?

while we're on the subject, can someone tell me what experience Vettel has? What was he doing in 2006?

He tested for bmw in 2006 and was very impressive. Some even compared him to a future schumi if am not wrong. I think he has better experience than timo glock

Good desicion! I knew Vettell was gonna sub in for Kubica as he did'nt sound race fit after that big crash in Canada!

He tested for bmw in 2006 and was very impressive. Some even compared him to a future schumi if am not wrong. I think he has better experience than timo glock

but what experience? German F3 maybe? I'm just interested to know what he did before F1

but what experience? German F3 maybe? I'm just interested to know what he did before F1

2004 German Formula BMW Champion (tests in BMW Williams afterwards). Next year he took over Kubica's seat at M

Hopefully Vettel has a good race and then joins Ferrari ;)

Nah, I dunno what to think, he might have a good race, but maybe nerves etc could play a part ?

If Ferrari would agree to take him for one year, and then give him back to BMW....

And if they where ready to settle things with Red Bull (but since they supply engines for STR ..)

hmmm, its doable:)

I like Fettel kid, but I have my eyes on Lewis Skywalker for now, if only he hadn't gone to the dark side :(

I have my eyes on Lewis Skywalker for now, if only he hadn't gone to the dark side :(

Well what's he gonna do? His parents are black.