Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

irishfemalefan

S Africa V Aust

Just back from the bar (as usual) after watching the opening game of the tri-nations between S Africa & Aus

Being a massive Rugby Union fan it delighted me to see 2 fantastiic teams who of late have not being playing well at all - but hey they are both back with a vengance!!!! Was truly delighted to see SA win as they have being building a team pretty much form scratch in the past couple of years, and although still have a long way to go, look pretty similar to when they were 1 of the best in the world

As a NH (northern hemisphere of course) team supporter (Ireland be jasyus) it doesnt bode well for us meeting them anythime soon but will make for a much more interesting World Cup (which i will be at of course) - also makes for a pretty exciting next few weeks for the tri-nations

All i need next is for Massa to grab pole today & ill be a happy bunny :D

I didnt get to see the match as i was asleep (still recovering from Surgery) but from the look of it im glad i didnt watch it as somehow the Wallabies managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Can anyone tell me how Australia played though as i watch the Welsh and Fijian games and the amount of simple mistakes the Wallabies were making was appalling.

well the general consenus is that Aus were very unlucky to lose today, their defense was excellent & they did have quite a few good breaks, Larkin kicked to his usual superb standard & Gregan passes the ball like Billy Whizz (though did hace at least 1 knock on & missed pass), they definitely do look like a much better team than the last year or 2

However although SA made a LOT of errors they still fought on & have also improved greatly in the last 2 years - the highlight though was the 2 drop goals for SA in the las 1/4 by a relative newcomer just 20 (these damn youngsters :P )

Very exciting game & i think if both teams iron out their silly mistakes & get better discipline it will be an excellent tri-nations & a serious threat for the World Cup - they make the NH teams look like amateurs B)