Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Indy

Driver of the day  

46 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Hami
    • Nando
    • Felipe
    • Kimi
    • Kovy
    • Jarno
    • Webber
    • Vettel
    • Other

LH obviously...and that's why I didn't vote for him, he is gonna win this anyways :lol:

But many other contestants did great as well

Nando did a great race too, showed he is far from over!

Sato until he spun (was about to be penalized, anyways)

Rosberg (bad luck, sorry), Vettel (for bringing the car home and in the points), Webber, Kovy, Fisi...

But I voted Liuzzi...well, he finally did something worth mentioning! On an STR that's harder than make it to the podium on a McLaren :P

The worst:

That frigging arsehole of Ralf...Ide was kicked out of F1 unceremoniously for much less than that! How long will we have to cope with his amateurish mistakes and mediocre races? DC and RB didn't even have a chance! :(

I was quite impressed with Fisi too. I know he made a mistake in the first instance and that he had a considerably faster car than some of the drivers he overtook. Still, I like to see a driver find an overtaking spot that's not considered the 'norm' and make it work for him time after time.

Sutil.

Williams, Toyota etc. need to take note of him. Particularly Williams, if Iwere Frank I would offer a million or two to stone broke Spyker.

Sutil.

Williams, Toyota etc. need to take note of him. Particularly Williams, if Iwere Frank I would offer a million or two to stone broke Spyker.

I agree. I have been saying this for sometime. Toyota, ditch Ralf and get this boy in.

Surprised that I'm not picking Hamilton? So am I. Hamilton drove a very good race, but my vote goes to Button - but only just. Fantastic form and professional driving with a real dog of a car. Other notables would be Webber and Sutil.

Will the TV director please take a bow? Fantastic coverage.

:rolleyes::P

Mind you, at least you put 2 brits as your top drivers of the day. :lol:

Has to be Hamilton for me, Button and Sutil did well considering they were in poor cars. Fisichella impressed me after his mistake earlier on and Vettel did a great job on his debut.

Has to be Hamilton for me, Button and Sutil did well considering they were in poor cars. Fisichella impressed me after his mistake earlier on and Vettel did a great job on his debut.

:blink: Kovy second in the poll??? And I didn't even vote for him? There must be many more Renault fans that I thought around! Good! I was feeling kind of lonely! :lol:

Yes. We're the first to complain when it is bad, so praise is due. I just couldn't believe the quality was so high for an American.

(I love that i don't need to use an emoticon).

Mike - Button seemed to let Davidson through rather easily, showing again why I don't consider him championship material. As was Kimi with his rather lame atempts to pass Massa, I was more impressed with Alonso.

I want to see spirit, I want to see the drivers fight, like every race is the last they'll drive, every pass they make is an end in itself and to avoid getting pased by the fast guy in the mirrors is their very raison d'etre.

:blink: Kovy second in the poll??? And I didn't even vote for him? There must be many more Renault fans that I thought around! Good! I was feeling kind of lonely! :lol:

I voted him, because no one else impressed me too much. He's starting to do really good, so I think he deserves it ;)

Anthony Davidson. I think. I don't remember the race. I think.

If I recall correctly, he passed Jenson. So go Ant.

-Eric

Anthony Davidson. I think. I don't remember the race. I think.

If I recall correctly, he passed Jenson. So go Ant.

-Eric

See this is the problem with false perceptions...

Unseen to us Button had a fuel rig problem in his pitstop, not only did they have to bring in the reserve fuel rig but it actually did work both times, so Button had an extra 15kg of fuel. That's a hell of a lot of weight. Then you have the damage he sustained thanks to Ralf (Rubens hit Button as a result of being hit himself).

Button defended brilliantly against Fisi considering his damage, but with extra weight as well he would be easy pickings to anyone.

Fisi for me today he showed off his great on and off track driving skills ^_^

I have to agree and vote "other" for Fishysmella. I was surprised that he was able to work his way thru the field after spinning. :clap3:

Kovy, Rosberg and Sutil were other impressive performers.

:clap3:

Indeed!

My vote is for Hami and despite everybody says Nando made a great job showing us -the fans- what is racing; something a little bit forgotten in the F1 world.

[quote name='cavallino' post='200800' date='Jun 18 2007, 09:07 PM']Mike - Button seemed to let Davidson through rather easily, showing again why I don't consider him championship material. [b]As was Kimi with his rather lame atempts to pass Massa, I was more impressed with Alonso.[/b]

[b]I want to see spirit, I want to see the drivers fight, like every race is the last they'll drive, every pass they make is an end in itself and to avoid getting pased by the fast guy in the mirrors is their very [i]raison d'etre[/i].[/b][/quote]
In case you did'nt notice, Alonso did'nt pass Hamilton. :P

Mike - Button seemed to let Davidson through rather easily, showing again why I don't consider him championship material. As was Kimi with his rather lame atempts to pass Massa, I was more impressed with Alonso.

I want to see spirit, I want to see the drivers fight, like every race is the last they'll drive, every pass they make is an end in itself and to avoid getting pased by the fast guy in the mirrors is their very raison d'etre.

Didnt you see Jenson defending his position against Fisichella?

If you watch Davidsons move on Button again, you'll see there was almost nothing JB could've done. And colliding with the other Honda team (& a good personal mate) wouldnt be very clever

If it had been a more important fight Jenson would have defended it harder. Because it was for an insignificant position, and Jenson knew he didn't have a chance of points, IMO he just didn't bother fighting it too hard.

No matter what happens in a race, there is ALWAYS someone that votes for raikkonen :lol:

If it had been a more important fight Jenson would have defended it harder. Because it was for an insignificant position, and Jenson knew he didn't have a chance of points, IMO he just didn't bother fighting it too hard.

I don't buy that for a second. Look at the way he was fighting during the race. Do you really think he wanted the shame of being overtaken by Davidson?

He was on the harder rubber at that point, Davidson was on the softs. I believe it was more to do with grip, pure and simple.

Yes. We're the first to complain when it is bad, so praise is due. I just couldn't believe the quality was so high for an American.

(I love that i don't need to use an emoticon).

Are you kidding? America is the entertainment capitol of the world. Most of the movies you watch come from us. I'm never surprised by good American coverage, but I'm always surprised at the crappy European coverage.....you are much too partisan in Europe. For instance, in Italy, you can bet there will be more coverage of the Ferraris than any on-track battles. In Japan it's the Sato / Honda / Toyota show. In Britain its, of course the Brits that get more airtime.

I was referring to Button's fight with Fisico - good stuff and for me the most enjoyable battle of the race.

I was referring to Button's fight with Fisico - good stuff and for me the most enjoyable battle of the race.

Indeed. :thbup: It was good to see the guys showing they still have some blood in their veins. Seems like this race they all read your words about Montreal. Mike! This time there were fewer mistakes (though I am not so sure if that's because of their skill or sheer luck in some cases)

Are you kidding? America is the entertainment capitol of the world. Most of the movies you watch come from us. I'm never surprised by good American coverage, but I'm always surprised at the crappy European coverage.....you are much too partisan in Europe. For instance, in Italy, you can bet there will be more coverage of the Ferraris than any on-track battles. In Japan it's the Sato / Honda / Toyota show. In Britain its, of course the Brits that get more airtime.

I was kidding. looks like i needed to use that emoticon afterall. :blush:

I don't buy that for a second. Look at the way he was fighting during the race. Do you really think he wanted the shame of being overtaken by Davidson?

He was on the harder rubber at that point, Davidson was on the softs. I believe it was more to do with grip, pure and simple.

And 15kg heavier because of the fuel...

That was MUCH earlier in the race when he was driving against fisi for a start, and he knew fisi was on a 1 stop and didnt want him getting past and holding him up. With davidson he had nothing to fight for. I am not saying he let him past, i am just saying he didn't bother fighting it too hard

Are you kidding? America is the entertainment capitol of the world. Most of the movies you watch come from us.

:rolleyes::P:lol: