Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Indy

Driver of the day  

46 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Hami
    • Nando
    • Felipe
    • Kimi
    • Kovy
    • Jarno
    • Webber
    • Vettel
    • Other

That was MUCH earlier in the race when he was driving against fisi for a start, and he knew fisi was on a 1 stop and didnt want him getting past and holding him up. With davidson he had nothing to fight for. I am not saying he let him past, i am just saying he didn't bother fighting it too hard

i think if it was on a different part of the circuit (as with Fisi) JB would've put up a fight, but coming down the main straight with Ant taking the inside, there was no way of defending that place

Are you kidding? America is the entertainment capitol of the world. Most of the movies you watch come from us.

Well Australia was the movie capital of the world from 1910 to 1913. Dont laugh it true.

In case you did'nt notice, Alonso did'nt pass Hamilton. :P

He tried. Kimi's atempts alwaysh ad a bit of "If I screw up I lose 5 points and look stupid" about it - not themark of a champion driver. Alonso at least hasn't lost it yet.

If it had been a more important fight Jenson would have defended it harder. Because it was for an insignificant position, and Jenson knew he didn't have a chance of points, IMO he just didn't bother fighting it too hard.

not much of a racer then.

Are you kidding? America is the entertainment capitol of the world. Most of the movies you watch come from us. I'm never surprised by good American coverage, but I'm always surprised at the crappy European coverage.....you are much too partisan in Europe. For instance, in Italy, you can bet there will be more coverage of the Ferraris than any on-track battles. In Japan it's the Sato / Honda / Toyota show. In Britain its, of course the Brits that get more airtime.

I was referring to Button's fight with Fisico - good stuff and for me the most enjoyable battle of the race.

I think Steve was kidding. Forget everything else, F1 has a lot to do before it can even compare to NASCAR coverage. We don't even have HD yet, all we have is pitiful 480p widescreen.

In any case, all races are covered by the FOM this year, there are no local race directors. So a non issue really.

I was referring to Button's fight with Fisico - good stuff and for me the most enjoyable battle of the race.

I know, but if you call him driver of the race, there's other stuff to take into account.

I was kidding. looks like i needed to use that emoticon afterall. :blush:

'mercuns are touchy ;)

i think if it was on a different part of the circuit (as with Fisi) JB would've put up a fight, but coming down the main straight with Ant taking the inside, there was no way of defending that place

There are plenty of ways of defending the place, or at least trying. Reminded me of how DC pased him very late in the race in Canada last year, maybe it's a fitness issue?

not much of a racer then.

I am not so sure about that, I just think Honda's crappy car has him rather demotivated at this moment in time

I am not so sure about that, I just think Honda's crappy car has him rather demotivated at this moment in time

i dont think its lack of motivation, JB said after the race that he really enjoyed his battles, and look how he was defending against Fisi, against Scott Speed. But with Davidson I really dont think he had a chance. Davidson easily had JB's slipstream and was able to take the inside. And dont forget Rubens says the Honda on the straight feels like its got a parachute!

So I think its just a case of a faster car passing a slower one, on a long straight going into a tight corner, text-book

He tried. Kimi's atempts alwaysh ad a bit of "If I screw up I lose 5 points and look stupid" about it - not themark of a champion driver. Alonso at least hasn't lost it yet.

Kimi tried, it's his desperation for more points that gives a false perception to the situation. Kimi at this current state has more to lose than Alonso, right?

Kimi tried, it's his desperation for more points that gives a false perception to the situation. Kimi at this current state has more to lose than Alonso, right?

Kimi was really helpless, because he caught up with Massa in the corners and, Massa simply seem to have carried enough speed to the main straights. I am sure Kimi was doing it safe. Just as you say, Kimi has more to loose than the other three fighting for the title. I cant wait till FrenchGP to see How well Kimi is going to perform. Till then, I am happy watching my other favourite driver dominate! :naughty:

i think LH but i think fisi, button and sutil had quite gd races IMO

I know, but if you call him driver of the race, there's other stuff to take into account.

Fair enough, but that's my opinion nonetheless. Button is my pick for Indy.

I was kidding. looks like i needed to use that emoticon afterall. :blush:
I think Steve was kidding.

:lol: I totally missed it, my bad......

Normally I hesitate to pick the race winner as DOTD, because it seems- well- too obvious.

But this time I must relent.