Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kimibest

Alonso

I agree with the quite one. It is an incredible amount of rubish one has to read these days. Here is a driver that has won two champoinships in his early twenties in a middle of the pack car and his career is over because he was beaten by 1.5 seconds... He will come back. The first thing he should do though is stop feeding his telemetry to Hamilton in the same way Schumy did with all his teammates.

Also, we all know Hamilton is good, but how many drivers started their career in the best car of their times with the benefit of the telemetry of a two time champion and a whole team behind him only because he shares their nationality. Would have been fun to see Hamilton fight for his life in a Minardi as others did. Cant help feeling that Hamilton has had it handed to him on a silver tray... Admitedly, he could have made a mess out of it, but stop comparing all his records as a rookie because there has never been one with the same level of support as hamilton.

By the way, given that Hamilton only finished a second ahead and never opened a gap proves to me Alonso would have been faster with a clear track.

So stop the BS and lets enjoy the season. May the best driver win it.

Totally agree with you ipaneda, LH has been given the best opportunity out of any rookie.

Its not the end to Alonso, he'll be back !!!

I think it was his own perverse way of saying to the team that he wasnt happy with their treatment of him, I believe he felt lewis was slowing him down and messing up his stratergy. Quiet what he expected I don't know because he knew the team couldn't move lewis out of his way even if they had wanted to. Maybe also a touch of frustration. Either way, not a very good sign.

no it wasnt nice to see, and Brundle reported that Alonso has now started refusing to let Hamilton see any of this telemetry - is that normal within a team, or is that a sign that Alonso now recognises that he needs to do whatever he can to get ahead of Lewis?

He mentioned something in the post race conference about..wait on, I'll post it-

[“I think the race was decided after the first corner, and I didn't manage to get past. All I could do was to stay as close to Lewis as possible. We were side-by-side on one occasion, but it was all fair and square and it was good racing.

I was constantly in his slipstream and was getting all kind of dirt from the brakes on my overalls, the car and the helmet which was why I sometimes went slightly off-line to try and get some clean air. The car was working well, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.”]

He says it was to get clean air, but I don't know. Those swerves were pretty erratic. It definitely looked like he was trying to say something. Unless maybe he's not talking about the main straight :eusa_think:

Well, looking at the colour of his overalls compared to Hamilton's in the post race conference, I would agree with him. Unless his Mum doesn't know the secret like Hamilton's Mum! :lol:

Wasn't the blue flag on the middle of the straight there though? If that were the case, he'd of had to off gone much further in to ensure he didn't hit it.

I thought it was another part of the race track, to be honest, but I couldn't say for certain. When I first saw it, I thought he had swerved to avoid something, but then the ITV crew started about frustration and trying to say something to the pits, so I thought I'd ask the question in case anybody else had any other views.

In the absence of any other evidence, I'll take it as a swerve to avoid something, rather than the original frustration I suggested.

no it wasnt nice to see, and Brundle reported that Alonso has now started refusing to let Hamilton see any of this telemetry - is that normal within a team, or is that a sign that Alonso now recognises that he needs to do whatever he can to get ahead of Lewis?

Well, it's something that has been levelled at Schumi before now - Herbert allegedly said it happened after he beat Schumi in a qualifying session. If you're a Shcumi or Alonso hater you will believe it of those drivers respectively, but I can't really imagine a team running like that as it would be detrimental to the WCC.

Well, suerly Alonso must b frustrated for being held by a rookie team mate. But moving here and there to show the frustration to the team will not help, what if Lewis was driving a Ferrari?

If lewis was in the ferrari, he wouldn't be as fast, the McLaren is definately the car to be in at this moment in time

That is not so unusual, I believe schumi had a clause in his contract according to another member (can't remember who) that his teammates couldnt see his telemetry

That is not so unusual, I believe schumi had a clause in his contract according to another member (can't remember who) that his teammates couldnt see his telemetry

Well, I am not the brightest spark by a long shot, but if I was a team boss then there is no way I would have that clause in a contract, or indeed the supposedly 'move out of the way' clause, for anyone, not even to secure the services of the best driver. It would be too detrimental to the team performance.

i dont think its just a rumour, Brundle reported it as a fact, that Alonso has now started refusing to let the other side of the garage see his telemetry

he'll have to come up with better ideas than that though, cos judging by yesterday, it hasnt made any difference!

Well, I am not the brightest spark by a long shot, but if I was a team boss then there is no way I would have that clause in a contract, or indeed the supposedly 'move out of the way' clause, for anyone, not even to secure the services of the best driver. It would be too detrimental to the team performance.

Why? the other driver doesn't need access to his teammate's telemetry

it helps though because you can see where you're losing out to your team-mate, where your team-mate is braking, etc.

If it didnt matter, then why has alonso decided to keep his telemetry secret from now on?

the only logical answer: Alonso finally realises the threat from Lewis, and is taking all steps to get superiority back. If he has the right to keep hold of his telemetry, then he might as well make use of that right. Why give Lewis the opportunity to see where he could go even faster?

As far as I know, Schumacher always looked at his teammates telemetry. Considering his achievements, I would conclude that there is something useful to be gained from it! :lol:

Telemetry is another informational tool and presumably you can never have too much info in F1!

:lol: Did Schumi always look at Rubinho's telemetry without letting him look at his? Typical! Well we all know whose was bigger better.

i dont think its just a rumour, Brundle reported it as a fact, that Alonso has now started refusing to let the other side of the garage see his telemetry

Are you talking about what he said in the race? If that, he said that Alonso's side of the garage doesn't let Lewis' side know their pit strategy until after the first pit stop. Nothing about tlemetry, interesting to know though. Also interesting to see some guy from Lewis' camp (brother?) punching the air like mad when Lewis held off Alonso at the start, with everyone around him trying to put on a stony face.

:lol: Yeah, if it's what I'm thinking of, wasn't it Pharell Williams? The rapper/producer friend of the Hamiltons.

Also interesting to see some guy from Lewis' camp (brother?) punching the air like mad when Lewis held off Alonso at the start, with everyone around him trying to put on a stony face.

That was Pharrell (spell check) Williams

Also interesting to see some guy from Lewis' camp (brother?) punching the air like mad when Lewis held off Alonso at the start, with everyone around him trying to put on a stony face.

No. It was an American rap artist who is also a producer and promoter. There was talk of Lewis being connected with him for the future in some sort of promotional capacity. His reaction was very American, the Mclaren team's reaction was very British!

No. It was an American rap artist who is also a producer and promoter. There was talk of Lewis being connected with him for the future in some sort of promotional capacity. His reaction was very American, the Mclaren team's reaction was very British!

Do British people really do stuff like watching a nuclear bomb falling right over their heads and mutter "blimey!"?

Well, looking at the colour of his overalls compared to Hamilton's in the post race conference, I would agree with him. Unless his Mum doesn't know the secret like Hamilton's Mum! :lol:

I'm sure you were being sarcastic, Paul but you do know that lewis was wearing the corporate Mclaren overall shield for the press conference? Why Fernando wasn't wearing his i'm not sure. Basically it's a crisp and stiff white over panel designed to look clean and fresh for the press conference. The stiffness is to maintain the flatness of the sponsor logos.

I would like to see the evidence of that because i don't believe that's correct.

If lewis was in the ferrari, he wouldn't be as fast, the McLaren is definately the car to be in at this moment in time

Oh Shane! use your common sense, I could have suggested even Spyker instead of Ferrari. :P What I really meant to convey was, he showed his frustration like that because Lewis was his team mate, what if Lewis was driving another car for another team, whose car was just as quick! :P

Damn, that's a chance to make a racist joke gone abegging. Not sure if it would have placated our Spanish friend though :unsure:

PS: Maybe we shoul ignore thse threads and make others? Even as a hardcore Alonso hater, I find all this rather tiresome. I can't even gloat in peace :(

I would like to see the evidence of that because i don't believe that's correct.

As i stated, I am only going on what someone else said, I haven't looked into it personally

I agree with the quite one. It is an incredible amount of rubish one has to read these days. Here is a driver that has won two champoinships in his early twenties in a middle of the pack car and his career is over because he was beaten by 1.5 seconds... He will come back. The first thing he should do though is stop feeding his telemetry to Hamilton in the same way Schumy did with all his teammates.

Also, we all know Hamilton is good, but how many drivers started their career in the best car of their times with the benefit of the telemetry of a two time champion and a whole team behind him only because he shares their nationality. Would have been fun to see Hamilton fight for his life in a Minardi as others did. Cant help feeling that Hamilton has had it handed to him on a silver tray... Admitedly, he could have made a mess out of it, but stop comparing all his records as a rookie because there has never been one with the same level of support as hamilton.

By the way, given that Hamilton only finished a second ahead and never opened a gap proves to me Alonso would have been faster with a clear track.

So stop the BS and lets enjoy the season. May the best driver win it.

So you are completly sure that LH is taking advantage of FA telemetry? if so how come that FA's telemetry work better for LH than for himself?

And you believe FA comments about the full support of the team for LH and the team is just wasting the millions they paid to FA or they just hired him to win the WCC?

Probably FA could have been faster witha clear track and guess what? I could say the same about Kimi who posted the fastest lap of the race, so this is just an excuses you only deserve to have a clear track if you take the pole or if you overtake the one who is in fisrt place FA didn't achive eather one of this, LH just did a better job FA had a chance p to pass him and he didn't do it because of LH did a better move at that time he managed to hold his position with a slower car and graining problem (this two could be the same) racing in a tack for fisrt time against a most experience driver in the same car and team.

LH did a great job anybody who say something different is just blind, Alonso did a good job too but LH did a better one, Lh deserved to win the race and that is why he won it, now thing can get worse for FA if Ferrari improve and get in the fight for the fisrt places FA could find himself fighting for a third position and that will not helping to recover the gap, I am not saying that this is going to happen but is on the table and is possible, the best he can do is pretend that nothing of this has happen and try to win as many point as possible and Ferrari on the other hand can help FA taking points away from LH, all we can do now is just watch and wait to see how this pans out at the end.

So you are completly sure that LH is taking advantage of FA telemetry? if so how come that FA's telemetry work better for LH than for himself?

And you believe FA comments about the full support of the team for LH and the team is just wasting the millions they paid to FA or they just hired him to win the WCC?

Probably FA could have been faster witha clear track and guess what? I could say the same about Kimi who posted the fastest lap of the race, so this is just an excuses you only deserve to have a clear track if you take the pole or if you overtake the one who is in fisrt place FA didn't achive eather one of this, LH just did a better job FA had a chance p to pass him and he didn't do it because of LH did a better move at that time he managed to hold his position with a slower car and graining problem (this two could be the same) racing in a tack for fisrt time against a most experience driver in the same car and team.

LH did a great job anybody who say something different is just blind, Alonso did a good job too but LH did a better one, Lh deserved to win the race and that is why he won it, now thing can get worse for FA if Ferrari improve and get in the fight for the fisrt places FA could find himself fighting for a third position and that will not helping to recover the gap, I am not saying that this is going to happen but is on the table and is possible, the best he can do is pretend that nothing of this has happen and try to win as many point as possible and Ferrari on the other hand can help FA taking points away from LH, all we can do now is just watch and wait to see how this pans out at the end.

There are too many threads started by both Hamilton's and Alonso's supporters and too much of $hit flying around as Dribbler once said in one thread. TF1 has lost its class, I for once misbehaved. I don't say I am too clean.

What I am saying is that some of us are matured enough to understand what is $hit and what isn't. Hamilton gaining advantage with Alonso's data is $hit. Mclaren have very experienced engineers and they have enough data to help Lewis or Alonso. They even have complex simulators in order to help drivers with their setups when they are not allowed to test. Alonso fans, dont give us the bullcrap excuses of Hamilton gaining advantage, and Hamilton fans, dont start saying Hamilton is better than Alonso, There lot more races left and Ferrari are not going to sit and watch these two guys putting the show. Kimi is certainly a guy to watch out, and Kimi better watch Massa.

There is no way its Alonso's end or Kimi's end as both of them are being outperformed by their team mates. All four guys who are in the championship battle have lot more races to fight and lot more years to drive, besides they are all below 30s.

Let us enjoy the race and wait till the end of season to see who is the real champ! :clap3:

Schumikonen, I agree with you that if some one says Alonso could have done wonders if he had a clear track, same goes to Kimi who set the fastest lap, who knows, Kimi could have even won! :blink: